Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    mississippi rifleman:
    You don't seem to know what it takes to make a cigar. Pricing is reflected by, mainly, tobaccos used. What Fuente are you comparing it to? Curly Head? Hemingway? Opus? You referred to there street team and contests for free cigars. You're bashing a cigar you seemed to have never tried and comparing it to another cigar which you seem to have quite an affinity for. If you know what Fuente does to some shops, I don't think you'd think of them so highly. Also, I'm curious, what "way they do things" have you so upset..buddy?
    You weren't in on the original spat and I'm not getting into this with you. I've already created over a page of crappy drama with one 262 rep, I don't feel like debating with a second 262 rep.
    jsnake:
    Where do you get your information? We have no pricing agreements at all and never have. There is no contract and no pricing agreements for 262 Cigars. This is what I have been saying to you. You have an opinion on things you know nothing about which makes your opinion invalid.

I would respect your opinion had you tried the cigar and said it wasn't for you and you don't like the price or whatever issue you might have. When you give opinions about things you know nothing about it leaves me baffled. I don't want to have issues with you and decided to stand up and say something since you have been bashing 262 since last year on these forums.

This so called campaign is a fun way to get guys involved and have them earn free stuff. I just do not get what your issue is. I have never had a problem with you and really don't want one now but you have no idea what you are talking about.
    So I misspoke - there are no pricing contracts. Everything else still stands; price is high, company campaign, etc - reread post for more.

Honestly, why are you getting your panties in a knot about my opinion? I just don't like the company, their campaign, the pricing, the attitude, or the their MO. Just take it for what it is - my opinion and move on. Why are you getting so angry about this? You keep answering these posts like I insulted your mother or something

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    jsnake:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jsnake:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:
    262 cigars. Everything about them just seems to p1ss me off, from their forums to their twitter contests, to their street team. The entire campaign just reminds me of high school and the thespian club who wore freakish outfits around to let everyone know "I'm special, I'm in the thespian club". The only reason their forums have any members is because they need to buy them off with the hope of free ****.

Now I'd like to get a hold of one of their cigars to try out, but unless you go to promo events, there's no way you can get enough points; the twitter contests are random crap about who plays what instrument ($20 says the owners just blow on each others trumpets), and other crap. On the rare occasion I can find a B&M that carries them, the price is so damn high for an unknown cigar brand that's unproven - I can buy Arturo Fuentes cheaper than what these SOB's are asking for. So f.ck 262. I can't stand them and have a strong burning desire to take a baseball bat to the nu.tsack of the genius who dreamed up the 'street team'.

Just happened to be on twitter and answered the freaking contest thing. I was blatantly ignored, soooo uh yeah I'm right there with you about the fan club and twitter, and garbage.
    And it seems it's quickly becoming another price fixed brand kinda like Tat, soon it won't even be on my radar.

If you don't like it don't participate and quit crying about it. I ran the contest. I can't respond to ever single tweet that comes across the timeline. Everyone is told in advance the first correct answer wins. Someone wins and I post it and people keep answering the questions. Did you ever think maybe Twitter was having issues that day as usual? I checked the Underground timeline and your answer didn't even show up on the day in mention. Twitter issue not 262 issue.

I just don't understand you guys crying about an opportunity to get something for free which the owners have no obligation to do. I don't see any other companies handing out free stuff left and right every week. We have given away thousands of cigars in the last year. When is the last time Tat, illusione, Viaje, or any other of these boutique companies give away free stuff like this? Do you guys whine about that as well. Not personally saying this part to you Stephen but I didn't expect you of all people to jump on xmacro's Waaaaaahhhhhbulance.

WOW..... glad I am finaly offf the Hook for being Honest! LOL
    I havent seen or paid any attention to 262 ? i had no Idea they were some BIG DEAL.... Swag has Never swayed me for any product... Quality and Price Point is What gets My Attention... and for me I have had a few 262..... Quality and Price point are way out of line , thats just my Opinion. Actually I think MOST Cigars Pricing is Crazy.... as has been said by many a man on here there are a Billion cigars in the 4-7 dollar range that are far better than any 10-30 dollar cigar.....
    Thats what I hate ! LOL
    I can respect an honest opinion from you Oz. Though I don't agree with you the way you posted your opinion I can respect and you were an adult about it. xmacro is all pissed, never having tried the cigar, because he wants something free.

Love you man! Love this Forum! Hell I love Pink Panties! ROTFLMAO!
  • Options
    dowjr1:
    Well I will throw my .02 in on a few of the recent discussions: 1) Never tried any 262 stogies and they might be good (or not). But I hate expensive cigars...too many GREAT stogies out there for $5 or less. 2) I hate the policies of our sitting president and his bull**** liberal buddies in Washington. They are spending too much money and acting like it's no big deal to propose a new budget that adds more than 1 Trillion to our nations debt. 3) I think Newt Gingrich would be 500% better than Obama. 4) I hate America losing her competitive edge on the world stage and it is awesome to hear Donald Trump talk abour how we as a country should be focussing our efforts and spending on taking care of our interests instead of being the policemen of the world. If anyone has the cajones to disagree with me I will gladly immediately challenge you to a beer and stogie!!
    I can't disagree with anything you mentioned above.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jsnake:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    jsnake:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:
    262 cigars. Everything about them just seems to p1ss me off, from their forums to their twitter contests, to their street team. The entire campaign just reminds me of high school and the thespian club who wore freakish outfits around to let everyone know "I'm special, I'm in the thespian club". The only reason their forums have any members is because they need to buy them off with the hope of free ****.

Now I'd like to get a hold of one of their cigars to try out, but unless you go to promo events, there's no way you can get enough points; the twitter contests are random crap about who plays what instrument ($20 says the owners just blow on each others trumpets), and other crap. On the rare occasion I can find a B&M that carries them, the price is so damn high for an unknown cigar brand that's unproven - I can buy Arturo Fuentes cheaper than what these SOB's are asking for. So f.ck 262. I can't stand them and have a strong burning desire to take a baseball bat to the nu.tsack of the genius who dreamed up the 'street team'.

Just happened to be on twitter and answered the freaking contest thing. I was blatantly ignored, soooo uh yeah I'm right there with you about the fan club and twitter, and garbage.
    And it seems it's quickly becoming another price fixed brand kinda like Tat, soon it won't even be on my radar.

If you don't like it don't participate and quit crying about it. I ran the contest. I can't respond to ever single tweet that comes across the timeline. Everyone is told in advance the first correct answer wins. Someone wins and I post it and people keep answering the questions. Did you ever think maybe Twitter was having issues that day as usual? I checked the Underground timeline and your answer didn't even show up on the day in mention. Twitter issue not 262 issue.

I just don't understand you guys crying about an opportunity to get something for free which the owners have no obligation to do. I don't see any other companies handing out free stuff left and right every week. We have given away thousands of cigars in the last year. When is the last time Tat, illusione, Viaje, or any other of these boutique companies give away free stuff like this? Do you guys whine about that as well. Not personally saying this part to you Stephen but I didn't expect you of all people to jump on xmacro's Waaaaaahhhhhbulance.

WOW..... glad I am finaly offf the Hook for being Honest! LOL
    I havent seen or paid any attention to 262 ? i had no Idea they were some BIG DEAL.... Swag has Never swayed me for any product... Quality and Price Point is What gets My Attention... and for me I have had a few 262..... Quality and Price point are way out of line , thats just my Opinion. Actually I think MOST Cigars Pricing is Crazy.... as has been said by many a man on here there are a Billion cigars in the 4-7 dollar range that are far better than any 10-30 dollar cigar.....
    Thats what I hate ! LOL
    I can respect an honest opinion from you Oz. Though I don't agree with you the way you posted your opinion I can respect and you were an adult about it. xmacro is all pissed, never having tried the cigar, because he wants something free.

Love you man! Love this Forum! Hell I love Pink Panties! ROTFLMAO!
    who doesn't love pink panties?
  • Options
    xmacro:
    You weren't in on the original spat and I'm not getting into this with you. I've already created over a page of crappy drama with one 262 rep, I don't feel like debating with a second 262 rep.
    I'm not a rep for anyone, but I did get a free 262 cigar at IPCPR last year to review. Never the less, you've made my point.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    No threat was made. He said what he'd like to do, not what he was planning to do. A married man can say he wants to screw his babysitter, but that doesn't make him an adulterer, or even a sex offender is she's not of age.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    mississippi rifleman:
    dowjr1:
    Well I will throw my .02 in on a few of the recent discussions: 1) Never tried any 262 stogies and they might be good (or not). But I hate expensive cigars...too many GREAT stogies out there for $5 or less. 2) I hate the policies of our sitting president and his bull**** liberal buddies in Washington. They are spending too much money and acting like it's no big deal to propose a new budget that adds more than 1 Trillion to our nations debt. 3) I think Newt Gingrich would be 500% better than Obama. 4) I hate America losing her competitive edge on the world stage and it is awesome to hear Donald Trump talk abour how we as a country should be focussing our efforts and spending on taking care of our interests instead of being the policemen of the world. If anyone has the cajones to disagree with me I will gladly immediately challenge you to a beer and stogie!!
    Can I just have the beer and stogie?
  • Options
    xmarco - I replied to the other forum that has been used to attack 262, so I suppose I'll reply here as well. First off, this is the cigar community you're bashing. One that we all love and one that is being legislated left and right w/ taxes and smoking privileges. This kind of rant is cannibalistic and boggles my mind. So you don't like the social approach to the underground, so you don't like the $8 price tag, so the Twitter contests ask questions that you may not know the answer to...so what. These guys are trying to get a foot in the door and we should at the very least respect that, since it's obvious you have no desire to support it. Respect is the least we owe our BOTL's. I've smoked the 262 cigars and thoroughly enjoyed them. I've also smoked cigars half the price that I liked better....and I've smoked cigars double the price that I liked less. That's how it is. Pricing is incredibly complicated for a smaller company - with taxes, dues to the blender, distribution in smaller quantities, etc. If $8 is too much to spend to support a company trying to break in, then that's totally you're call, obviously. But even though speech is free, it still can damage the community. And it damages the livelihood of the company - why mess with that bro? Sometimes it is best to just keep your negativity to yourself.
  • Options
    ^ I already replied in that thread. Saying that just because I posted what I think of 262 is somehow attacking cigars as a whole is a straw man argument; I can say I hate Apple but still enjoy my ipod. Same with 262 - I don't like their company, their policies, or their pricing scheme - but I still enjoy cigars as a whole. And yeah, $8 for an unknown blender IS asking too much; the attitude that it's somehow justified makes it all the more annoying

Lest you forget, this is the "Things I hate" thread - I can post what makes me angry and what annoys me here. Go carry water for 262 somewhere else.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Damn, now I hate that I don't have a hot babysitter to screw...
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I hate that grown men on this site have been acting like 13 year old girls this week. I've had nothing but good dealings with each of them, but man something must be in the water.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    mississippi rifleman:
    dowjr1:

Ross, if you don't mind. I'd like to have the beer and stogie with you minus all the other stuff too....
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    rossdavey2:
    mississippi rifleman:
    dowjr1:

Ross, if you don't mind. I'd like to have the beer and stogie with you minus all the other stuff too....
    If it's for a beer and a stogie, I'll disagree with everything you posted. We all know how much I like to argue ;)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers today. I am passionate about the cigars I love and 262 Cigars. I really enjoy supporting boutique brands who are trying to make it in this market. The guys behind 262 Cigars have become good friends & are practically family to me. This wasn't the first time xmacro posted about his dislike for 262 on the forums & I felt his opinion was without merit & decided to say something. Probably should have been a PM. I respect everyone's opinion even if I don't agree. With that said I see no logic in an opinion on something someone has never tried or is seriouly misinformed about - cigar wise. The point is I consider you all friends & want to keep it that way. I am drinking filtered water now. Xmacro check your pm so we can make this right.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    jsnake:
    I am sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers today. I am passionate about the cigars I love and 262 Cigars. I really enjoy supporting boutique brands who are trying to make it in this market. The guys behind 262 Cigars have become good friends & are practically family to me. This wasn't the first time xmacro posted about his dislike for 262 on the forums & I felt his opinion was without merit & decided to say something. Probably should have been a PM. I respect everyone's opinion even if I don't agree. With that said I see no logic in an opinion on something someone has never tried or is seriouly misinformed about - cigar wise. The point is I consider you all friends & want to keep it that way. I am drinking filtered water now. Xmacro check your pm so we can make this right.
    Send the guy some sticks, let him schmoke.....Being as you truly believe in the brand and I believe you are a rep? I would make it my mission to ensure I provided him full opportunity to try the brand and make him a believer...Just a thought...
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    For the record on the 262's I would like to try them myself but the pricing is a bit rich for me. If I like the stogies and know what they are about then I am more apt to pay a higher price. Yes I do know it all goes towards our friends in the leaf business. I also know they may not have the pricing power of the larger cigar producers. But business is business and a buck is a buck so perhaps an attractively priced sampler might just hit the spot for us who want to try them out. Just a thought.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dell... omg they make some **** business computers.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Canada Post. They can't leave a damn package at the door. Noooo. Now since I slept in, I have to go all the way to the other side of town to pick it up at the pharmacy.

Yes...Canukistan's post offices are in pharmacies.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    wwhwang:
    Canada Post. They can't leave a damn package at the door. Noooo. Now since I slept in, I have to go all the way to the other side of town to pick it up at the pharmacy.

Well maybe some of them are. They are also in "Super Boxes" (be thankful you don't use those), some get home delivery, and some like myself actually have a Post Office. If you have to sign for the package then NO they won't leave it at the door.
    Maybe it's just me, but I would rather any of these methods then lining up in a huge Post Office that services hundreds of thousands of people and wait and wait for crappy service from someone who would rather be doing anything else.
    Oh and Wayne... some of us just may get offended by having our country refferred to as Canukistan. I do realize you were joking but it is no less disrespectful for you to call Canada names then it would be for me to do it with the USA, and I am sure that would offend more then a couple of the BOTL here and rightfully so.
    One thing about Canukistan... it's a free country... nobody holds a gun to your head to stay.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    wwhwang:

Well maybe some of them are. They are also in "Super Boxes" (be thankful you don't use those), some get home delivery, and some like myself actually have a Post Office. If you have to sign for the package then NO they won't leave it at the door.
    Maybe it's just me, but I would rather any of these methods then lining up in a huge Post Office that services hundreds of thousands of people and wait and wait for crappy service from someone who would rather be doing anything else.
    Oh and Wayne... some of us just may get offended by having our country refferred to as Canukistan. I do realize you were joking but it is no less disrespectful for you to call Canada names then it would be for me to do it with the USA, and I am sure that would offend more then a couple of the BOTL here and rightfully so.
    One thing about Canukistan... it's a free country... nobody holds a gun to your head to stay.
    Ahh ok. I'll keep that in mind, Laker. Thanks for the heads up. I was joking as far as the term "Canukistan". We still good?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    wwhwang:
    laker1963:
    wwhwang:

Ahh ok. I'll keep that in mind, Laker. Thanks for the heads up. I was joking as far as the term "Canukistan". We still good?
    OH yeah, no problem here. I am just one of those patriotic Canadians that you don't here very much about. I knew you were just venting and am not offended. I was going to razz you for sleeping in, but I slept a little past me time this morning too, so I was reading this just as I was about to enjoy my first coffee of the day. I am a little testy until I have at least two in me LOL.
    BTW, all that was missing from your story was all about how you had to snowshoe for 3 miles, uphill, both ways in two feet of snow just to make it to the Pharmacy, errr, ooops, I mean Post Office.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That Diamond Dog didn't post a Daily Hottie Yet !!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Figuring out how to support 6 on half of a soldiers pay because some jack @ss politicians wanted to wait till the last minute to fix their budget (I don't give a *** who's fault it is, quit pointing fingers and fix it!!!)
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed a little spat about the 262's. Not trying to siir up again, and not saying anything about Snake....but I too do not like the 262. The cigars are overpriced for the flavor and the whoile thing seems gimmicky. I love boutique brands, but when its Twitter, contests, and it feels like an easter egg hunt for cigar smokers....just gimme a Fuente.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I also HATE Mel Kiper------you football fans know who this d*uchebag is.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    I also HATE Mel Kiper------you football fans know who this d*uchebag is
    But Vulch... THATS WHAT MEL KIPER IS FOR! :-)

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    Just noticed a little spat about the 262's. Not trying to siir up again, and not saying anything about Snake....but I too do not like the 262. The cigars are overpriced for the flavor and the whoile thing seems gimmicky. I love boutique brands, but when its Twitter, contests, and it feels like an easter egg hunt for cigar smokers....just gimme a Fuente.
    +1. Not only am I over this brand, Im sick of hearing about it on the forums. I dont know why people who normally wouldnt even say the name of any of CCom's online competitors are always jumping up and down going "262! 262! Look at us! 262!" and figuring thats OK???

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that I haven't had a cigar in two weeks and don't have a good excuse as to why
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    I hate that I haven't had a cigar in two weeks and don't have a good excuse as to why
    this is unacceptable! Repent!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    bandyt09:
    this is unacceptable! Repent!
    I must find the stength and energy to remedy this situation SOON!!!!!! Now, what to remedy it with?