Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    badge54fd:
    Night shifts

I absolutely love night shift. I'll be on it til they fire me or I retire!

But I do hate NHL officiating!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Being sick at work.
    I can't focus for $#!t

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    This hor$e$hit Bonds perjury trial. Let me say, I think he did roids, I think a ton of them did. I think most dont deserve to be in the HOF because of it----although I do think Bonds still deserves it.......ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT, what I hate is the millions of dollars and time that has gone into this and Clemens trial just to prove a point and to show kids cheating isnt the way to success.

Let baseball writers handle the HOF issue the way they want, let people decide for themselves about the roids, and let parents explain why cheating is bad-----of course remember that quite often its the cheaters who win out over the hard worker...but maybe dont make the kids that jaded just yet.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    This hor$e$hit Bonds perjury trial. Let me say, I think he did roids, I think a ton of them did. I think most dont deserve to be in the HOF because of it----although I do think Bonds still deserves it.......ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT, what I hate is the millions of dollars and time that has gone into this and Clemens trial just to prove a point and to show kids cheating isnt the way to success.

Let baseball writers handle the HOF issue the way they want, let people decide for themselves about the roids, and let parents explain why cheating is bad-----of course remember that quite often its the cheaters who win out over the hard worker...but maybe dont make the kids that jaded just yet.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEST POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Vulchor:

this post reminds me of one of my favorite Metallica songs... Sad But True
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Waiting 1.5 months for my new laptop
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vulchor:
    ----of course remember that quite often its the cheaters who win out over the hard worker....
    Yeah? Go tell Bernie Madoff that. :-D

• Options
    Going to an interview and being told at the end, "If we like you, we'll call you - if you didn't get the job, you won't hear from us".

Is it too much to send a damn email?!

• Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    That's bush....you don't want to work there.
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    That's bush....you don't want to work there.
    Thing is, with the economy the way it is, they can afford to act like this, and I'd really like to work there

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate Duke being blown out by Arizona last night...I also hate flat tires on a Friday morning!!! Hope my weekend is better than the past 2 days!!
  • Options

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    My grandmother. It's like a curse that she's still alive.

That's kinda cold man, on the notes of crap that I hat it would be my neighbor's yappin ass mutts bawlin when they leave and just pure annoyance.
  • Options
    Cheap people - they drive me up a wall. Better to buy something quality, buy it once and take care of it, than to keep having to buy the same damn thing over and over again when it breaks.

• Options
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    My grandmother. It's like a curse that she's still alive.

That's kinda cold man, on the notes of crap that I hat it would be my neighbor's yappin ass mutts bawlin when they leave and just pure annoyance.
    Perhaps I am being a bit harsh. Really rough birthday party. Need to smoke.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lies told by anyone for their own advancement, and people who are too endoctrinated to know when the **** is getting thick. What exactly would it take for this silly, silly accusation to go away?

(CNN) - Donald Trump should quit questioning President Obama's birthplace, says Tim Pawlenty, a potential future opponent of Trump's for the Republican presidential nomination.

Appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Pawlenty said he doesn't doubt Obama was, in fact, born in Hawaii and says members of his party should stop pushing the issue.

"I, for one, do not believe we should be raising that issue," the ex-Minnesota governor said. "I think President Obama was born in the United States."

As for his thoughts on a seemingly improbable Trump presidential candidacy, Pawlently said, "I think he's talented. I think he's funny. I think he's interesting."

The comments come a day after Trump pushed the issue farther down the road, telling Fox News he is "really concerned" the president was not born in the United States.

"All of the sudden a lot of facts are emerging, and I am starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country," he said.

Trump followed those comments up by releasing what he said was his own birth certificate to the conservative website Newsmax.com. The certificate Trump released however is not an official one, according to Politico.

It should be noted that CNN and other news organizations have thoroughly debunked the rumors about the president's birthplace. Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate - officially called a "certificate of live birth" - and the hospital where he was born took out ads in two Hawaiian newspapers in 1961 announcing the birth.
  • Options
    Hey laker, aren't you Canadian?

• Options
    Yes I am. Why?
    My statement about people who lie for their own advancement is a general statement. The fact that it is happening outside of Canada has no bearing whatsoever.

If you tell me you are an American, show me a birth certificate, as well as other evidence to prove your birthplace, should that not be enough?

This constant questioning of something which has already been proven, just to cause a cloud of doubt, is about as low as you can go. IMO
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Makes you happy in a way not to be a U.S. citizen I bet Doug.....I know its shameful to me...this issue I mean, not being a citizen as a whole.
  • Options
    I am a proud Canadian, no doubt about that. We are presently having an election campaign and so the retorhic is flying around all over the place here.
    I should note to those who don't know that our politics is not as ruthless as it is in the US. Our freedom of speech laws do have some limits built in that tends to keep things at least a little bit more civil then in a US campaign. That said our right wing party here is pushing those limits even in the months leading up to the campaign. Attack ads on political party leaders and and such are fair game for them.
    Back to the topic at hand though. Says more about Trumps character then it does Obama's.
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that having a muzzle on political speech is ever a good thing; the US Supreme Court just upheld the West Boro Baptist church's lunatic rantings as free speech - they're evil people, but they're entitled to free speech, regardless of how offensive it may be. Anyway, Laker, you might like this site; guy's a Canadian who draws political cartoons on US and Canadian issues. He leans right or left, depending on the issue: http://www.filibustercartoons.com

Back on-topic: I do hate Trump going after Obama's birth certificate - so many other issues he could talk about, and all he's doing is playing to the most rabidly partisan part of the base.

Part 2: I HATE Newt Gingrich's double talk - on one hanad he says he wants to cut spending, but when the SOB is in Iowa talking to farmers, suddenly he's all in favor of subsidizing ethanol and increasing the mandated mixing from 10% to 15%, even though current US corn farmers can't keep up with current demand. The @ss is saying whatever it takes to get elected, and he's lost any chance he had for my vote. Haley Barbour is also getting on my nerves saying he wouldn't have gone into Libya - all he's doing is playing to the isolationists at best, or he'd be willing to sit and watch a massacre at worst.

• Options
    That is a kewl site. It is a little dated and needs to be updated but it's a good read. Thanks xmacro
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misbehaved children on the plane sitting RIGHT BEHIND ME...flight last night from ATL back home to Richmond was killer!!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    I find it hard to believe that having a muzzle on political speech is ever a good thing; the US Supreme Court just upheld the West Boro Baptist church's lunatic rantings as free speech - they're evil people, but they're entitled to free speech, regardless of how offensive it may be. Anyway, Laker, you might like this site; guy's a Canadian who draws political cartoons on US and Canadian issues. He leans right or left, depending on the issue: http://www.filibustercartoons.com

Back on-topic: I do hate Trump going after Obama's birth certificate - so many other issues he could talk about, and all he's doing is playing to the most rabidly partisan part of the base.

Part 2: I HATE Newt Gingrich's double talk - on one hanad he says he wants to cut spending, but when the SOB is in Iowa talking to farmers, suddenly he's all in favor of subsidizing ethanol and increasing the mandated mixing from 10% to 15%, even though current US corn farmers can't keep up with current demand. The @ss is saying whatever it takes to get elected, and he's lost any chance he had for my vote. Haley Barbour is also getting on my nerves saying he wouldn't have gone into Libya - all he's doing is playing to the isolationists at best, or he'd be willing to sit and watch a massacre at worst.

+1 Xmacro, you never cease to amaze me, I cannot believe how often we agree, and how far apart we are when we disagree. Anyhow, you're right on the money on these, except, while I would defend Westboro's rights to free speech, not at the expense of the freedom of grieving families to bury their dead.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Getting asked to work the weekend again... checking the schedule and realizing not only is it a weekend but it's from 7am-11pm

F**K THIS JOB

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    DirecTV. A good stiff breeze and it's out for hours! They can come get their *** off my roof. I'm going back to cable.
  • Options
    262 cigars. Everything about them just seems to p1ss me off, from their forums to their twitter contests, to their street team. The entire campaign just reminds me of high school and the thespian club who wore freakish outfits around to let everyone know "I'm special, I'm in the thespian club". The only reason their forums have any members is because they need to buy them off with the hope of free ****.

Now I'd like to get a hold of one of their cigars to try out, but unless you go to promo events, there's no way you can get enough points; the twitter contests are random crap about who plays what instrument ($20 says the owners just blow on each others trumpets), and other crap. Could they ask something that a BOTL might know? Like the primings on a tobacco plant? No. Could they ask something about rolling a cigar? No. Could they ask something about caring for cigars, like RH? No. I half expect next time they'll ask how many times one of the partners banged a tranny last week.

On the rare occasion I can find a B&M that carries them, the price is so damn high for an unknown cigar brand that's unproven - I can buy Arturo Fuentes cheaper than what these SOB's are asking for. So f.ck 262. I can't stand them and have a strong burning desire to take a baseball bat to the nu.tsack of the genius who dreamed up the 'street team'.

• Options
    xmacro:
    262 cigars. Everything about them just seems to p1ss me off, from their forums to their twitter contests, to their street team. The entire campaign just reminds me of high school and the thespian club who wore freakish outfits around to let everyone know "I'm special, I'm in the thespian club". The only reason their forums have any members is because they need to buy them off with the hope of free ****.

Now I'd like to get a hold of one of their cigars to try out, but unless you go to promo events, there's no way you can get enough points; the twitter contests are random crap about who plays what instrument ($20 says the owners just blow on each others trumpets), and other crap. On the rare occasion I can find a B&M that carries them, the price is so damn high for an unknown cigar brand that's unproven - I can buy Arturo Fuentes cheaper than what these SOB's are asking for. So f.ck 262. I can't stand them and have a strong burning desire to take a baseball bat to the nu.tsack of the genius who dreamed up the 'street team'.

Just happened to be on twitter and answered the freaking contest thing. I was blatantly ignored, soooo uh yeah I'm right there with you about the fan club and twitter, and garbage.
    And it seems it's quickly becoming another price fixed brand kinda like Tat, soon it won't even be on my radar.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    xmacro:

Now I'd like to get a hold of one of their cigars to try out, but unless you go to promo events, there's no way you can get enough points; the twitter contests are random crap about who plays what instrument ($20 says the owners just blow on each others trumpets), and other crap. Could they ask something that a BOTL might know? Like the primings on a tobacco plant? No. Could they ask something about rolling a cigar? No. Could they ask something about caring for cigars, like RH? No. I half expect next time they'll ask how many times one of the partners banged a tranny last week.

On the rare occasion I can find a B&M that carries them, the price is so damn high for an unknown cigar brand that's unproven - I can buy Arturo Fuentes cheaper than what these SOB's are asking for. So f.ck 262. I can't stand them and have a strong burning desire to take a baseball bat to the nu.tsack of the genius who dreamed up the 'street team'.

Thank you. I don't buy into all the Twitter BS, but I have tried the cigars and was not impressed at all. Stephen mentioned price fixing and Tatuaje, but at least with Tatuaje they have cigars I like.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And I hate my **** allergies. I've been a groggy, itchy, sneezing mess for a week now and it will only get worse...it's like having a cold that never goes away.