Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    ltherronltherron Posts: 60
    Change for the sake of change. The idea that if you're put in charge of something that works and you keep it working and producing results without changing it than you did an ok job. But if you can change it and still have it do the same thing with the exact same results than you did a great job. " the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy"
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    That every freaking person on the sales staff here keeps including the service I provide for free!!!
    Damn it this is killing my commission!!!!

I'm making no money and doing the same work... freaking pisses me off.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ltherron:
    Change for the sake of change. The idea that if you're put in charge of something that works and you keep it working and producing results without changing it than you did an ok job. But if you can change it and still have it do the same thing with the exact same results than you did a great job. " the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy"
    Ah, how I miss the military.... NOT!

As to your quote, see also "Department of Redundancy Department". LOL

• Options
    today my wife
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkha Man!:
    today my wife
    And how long have you been married?
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    smoke em if you got em:
    Gurkha Man!:
    today my wife
    And how long have you been married?
    Not long if its just today for him. LOL

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Russians who eat with their mouth open
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Russians who eat with their mouth open
    Then ask you questions that make absolutely no sense while spitting food at you. (SH87 and I work with the same idiot Russian.)
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    How hair starts growing out of every place you don't want it as you get older instead of on the top of your head.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves. Look up Tennessee doctor back from Afghanistan on a news provider, That's my boy!

update: the VA is going to get him another set of prostheses, good news for a change.
    Still hate theives.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm sitting at the club last night smoking a Diesel Unlimited. A fellow sitting next to me asks what it was and I politely told him. The guy on the other side of him goes off on this tirade about how Cuban cigars are the best cigars ever made and the only thing he'll smoke. I very politely asked him what else he's had to make the comparison.

I **** you not, he answers "I've smoked three cigars in my life and all were Cubans. There isn't anything better than them." I got up and walked away.

I'm no expert by any means, but I do feel I know a little more about this hobby than this joker. It just really jerked me off that he'd sit there and try to lecture me about something he's tried three times in his life (he's in his mid-30s.) It really gets irritating when people won't mind their own **** business...or at least add something intelligent to the conversation.
  • Options
    Classic rock stations that play Greenday.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Customers who want to act like S.O.B.'s for no reason whatsoever . Just because they think you can't say anything back . I have actually turned my back on a customer before and told them I will get someone more suited to help you because I refuse to be cussed , abused , and yelled at ! Don't have to listen to it and not gonna listen to it .
  • Options
    skweekz:
    I'm sitting at the club last night smoking a Diesel Unlimited. A fellow sitting next to me asks what it was and I politely told him. The guy on the other side of him goes off on this tirade about how Cuban cigars are the best cigars ever made and the only thing he'll smoke. I very politely asked him what else he's had to make the comparison.

I **** you not, he answers "I've smoked three cigars in my life and all were Cubans. There isn't anything better than them." I got up and walked away.

I'm no expert by any means, but I do feel I know a little more about this hobby than this joker. It just really jerked me off that he'd sit there and try to lecture me about something he's tried three times in his life (he's in his mid-30s.) It really gets irritating when people won't mind their own **** business...or at least add something intelligent to the conversation.

Don't you hate to run up on these experts ?!?!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Amos Umwhat:
    Thieves. Look up Tennessee doctor back from Afghanistan on a news provider, That's my boy!

update: the VA is going to get him another set of prostheses, good news for a change.
    Still hate theives.
    Wait your son is in Johnson City?! I grew up there! I'd love to meet him next time I'm back home! That's crappy what happened at least the VA is helping him out on it though
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Amos Umwhat:

Still hate theives.
    Man that pisses me off. I HATE thieves.

Sorry to sound so uneducated in this area Amos, but I didn't really ever think about people having :spare: protheses. Are there particular ones for certain tasks or do they need maintenance or repair frequently? Please excuse my question if it is in poor taste.

I remember when you told us about your son... he is a very admirable young man.
  • Options
    Thiefs suck !!!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Amos Umwhat:

Still hate theives.
    Man that pisses me off. I HATE thieves.

Sorry to sound so uneducated in this area Amos, but I didn't really ever think about people having :spare: protheses. Are there particular ones for certain tasks or do they need maintenance or repair frequently? Please excuse my question if it is in poor taste.

I remember when you told us about your son... he is a very admirable young man.
    the simple ones, string and steel hooks, are pretty reliable, the electronics are high maintenance.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    When there is no new Daily Deal...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    gripnrip:
    When there is no new Daily Deal...
    +1
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    Fixing a car in the rain

Today I got a call from my dad He was haveing problems with his car. He was on the road, not far from me, about to make a 45 min. trip into the city (Philadelphia). I told him not to go and to bring the car to me so I could check it out. I found that his altenator was bad. Easy replacement. Called the parts place in stock cool. picked it up got set up went to work but stupid me knew it was gonna rain didnt pull it inside so I got wet half way through the job

I would have done it in a snow storm though Anything for dear old Dad He didnt get into the city today so we just hung out. So I guess in life you take the good with the bad.
  • Options
    I hate people who use our forum to advertise their crap!

• Options
    Flash318:
    Fixing a car in the rain

Today I got a call from my dad He was haveing problems with his car. He was on the road, not far from me, about to make a 45 min. trip into the city (Philadelphia). I told him not to go and to bring the car to me so I could check it out. I found that his altenator was bad. Easy replacement. Called the parts place in stock cool. picked it up got set up went to work but stupid me knew it was gonna rain didnt pull it inside so I got wet half way through the job

I would have done it in a snow storm though Anything for dear old Dad He didnt get into the city today so we just hung out. So I guess in life you take the good with the bad.
    I do that kind of stuff all the time, slap your forehead and ask "what was I thinking? Oh, I wasn't" At least you've got a good attitude about it.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that August isn't even over and I'm already seeing Halloween stuff out. Guess well be hearing jingle bells before thanksgiving gets here.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    I hate that August isn't even over and I'm already seeing Halloween stuff out. Guess well be hearing jingle bells before thanksgiving gets here.

Better check again. Christmas stuff is out already
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    Amos Umwhat:
    Flash318:
    Fixing a car in the rain

I do that kind of stuff all the time, slap your forehead and ask "what was I thinking? Oh, I wasn't" At least you've got a good attitude about it.
    Yeah, I hate that should have planned ahead feelin
  • Options
    80 plus hour work weeks with very little cigar time!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Having a severe ear infection on your only off day during a 65hr week. Aaaggggghhhhh!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Having a severe ear infection on your only off day during a 65hr week. Aaaggggghhhhh!
    Who gets ear infections besides babies and Michael Phelps????
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    BigT06:
    Who gets ear infections besides babies and Michael Phelps????

A couple of months ago I had bi-lateral ear infections. It was miserable.