Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    That I can't make or receive calls on my phone.
    *** At&t

When did you start having that problem ? My wife and I have At&t and we started having this problem like 2 - 3 weeks ago also. Damn phone works everywhere except when I get home. I've called them like 4 times. First they tried to tell me it was my phone. I told them why the hell would my wifes phone have the excact same problem and she has a brand new phone. Now they're telling me it's a problem with one tower and they don't know when it'll be fixed. I told those f*ckers if they don't have this **** fixed by then end of next week I'm switching companies.
    It was only today. I called the lady and she told me they're upgrading the 4g network today.
    I couldn't make calls all morning it started working earlier this evening so I'm back to normal.

Thought maybe you were having the same issue as me. Just tried to make a call and it still doesn't work. This is going on 3 weeks for me. I'm starting to get really pissed off.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    *** At&t

When did you start having that problem ? My wife and I have At&t and we started having this problem like 2 - 3 weeks ago also. Damn phone works everywhere except when I get home. I've called them like 4 times. First they tried to tell me it was my phone. I told them why the hell would my wifes phone have the excact same problem and she has a brand new phone. Now they're telling me it's a problem with one tower and they don't know when it'll be fixed. I told those f*ckers if they don't have this **** fixed by then end of next week I'm switching companies.
    It was only today. I called the lady and she told me they're upgrading the 4g network today.
    I couldn't make calls all morning it started working earlier this evening so I'm back to normal.

Thought maybe you were having the same issue as me. Just tried to make a call and it still doesn't work. This is going on 3 weeks for me. I'm starting to get really pissed off.
    Like it says now calling and connects but you can't hear anything on the other line?

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    *** At&t

Like it says now calling and connects but you can't hear anything on the other line?

No, when I try to make a call it just says "dialing" for like 5 seconds then "call ended" and it doesn't even ring. Then when I try and call it from my home phone it rings on my home phone but my cell doesn't ring and goes to voicemail. It seems to only do it when I'm in this area and I've never had that problem before.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    *** At&t

No, when I try to make a call it just says "dialing" for like 5 seconds then "call ended" and it doesn't even ring. Then when I try and call it from my home phone it rings on my home phone but my cell doesn't ring and goes to voicemail. It seems to only do it when I'm in this area and I've never had that problem before.
    Thats weird. I'm sorry man. And it's not your phone... I found if you switch off the 3g option it begins to act normally. See if that at least allows you to place calls.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    amz1301:
    stephen_hannibal:
    *** At&t

Thats weird. I'm sorry man. And it's not your phone... I found if you switch off the 3g option it begins to act normally. See if that at least allows you to place calls.

Definitely strange. My wifes phone is brand new doing the same thing. It's weird if we power them off then back on it'll work for like 5 min. If you're on a call it wont drop it but then when you hang up it's back to not working again. They're telling me there's two towers and when it's on the one it's ok but when that one gets overloaded it goes to a secondary tower they're having trouble with. I was on the phone the other day for an 1 1/2 with tech support.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Political threads on the cigar forum
    I guess that's why there's a column called "Non-cigar related: Jokes, sports, politics & the like", to keep those things seperate.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    There I was driving to work in the middle of the whee hours of the morning and not a soul on the streets. So I thought. I'm approaching a intersection and the light is green and then BOOM, changes. Some a$$hat sitting there changes the light on me and then what does he/she do...turns right.
  • Options
    Work I haven't been able to even get on here lately!
  • Options
    Hit and run drivers. We were in Cookeville TN the other day on the Harley, chick pulling out of McD's looks at us coming, slows down, looks me right in the eye and pulls out in front of us. I always ride with a finger or two on the brakes & clutch, braked hard, "crash-bar" catches her fender and rips it off, we're down. Wife's laying on the pavement, and this chick starts to drive off! I jumped up, shouted out her license plate # and grabbed the camera out of my vest pocket and started clicking. She stopped.

Amazingly, just a slight scratch on the bat-wing fairing, which I'll be able to buff out, turned the spotlight sideways, wife has a scraped knee, NO other damage to us! The cars bumper is laying in pieces in the street. Also fortunate, someone who witnessed it stayed and gave a statement to the policeman, who, (maybe I'm just suspicious) really seemed to be trying to figure out a way that it was our fault.

So, as if this weren't enough, when we get home we find out our car was rear-ended in a parking lot! My nephew was house-sitting, had gone to the grocery store, went in, came out, some old man is standing there says "I saw the guy that hit you, he was in a red Jeep Wrangler. He came out of the store walking real fast, got in his jeep, squealed tires backwards and slammed your car, then squealed tires out of the parking lot, but I didn't get his license #."

I'm thankful no one's hurt, but DAM N! I'm still pissed off, we were just about to put the car up for sale, whole rear end is SMASHED!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Amos Umwhat:
    Hit and run drivers. We were in Cookeville TN the other day on the Harley, chick pulling out of McD's looks at us coming, slows down, looks me right in the eye and pulls out in front of us. I always ride with a finger or two on the brakes & clutch, braked hard, "crash-bar" catches her fender and rips it off, we're down. Wife's laying on the pavement, and this chick starts to drive off! I jumped up, shouted out her license plate # and grabbed the camera out of my vest pocket and started clicking. She stopped.

Amazingly, just a slight scratch on the bat-wing fairing, which I'll be able to buff out, turned the spotlight sideways, wife has a scraped knee, NO other damage to us! The cars bumper is laying in pieces in the street. Also fortunate, someone who witnessed it stayed and gave a statement to the policeman, who, (maybe I'm just suspicious) really seemed to be trying to figure out a way that it was our fault.

So, as if this weren't enough, when we get home we find out our car was rear-ended in a parking lot! My nephew was house-sitting, had gone to the grocery store, went in, came out, some old man is standing there says "I saw the guy that hit you, he was in a red Jeep Wrangler. He came out of the store walking real fast, got in his jeep, squealed tires backwards and slammed your car, then squealed tires out of the parking lot, but I didn't get his license #."

I'm thankful no one's hurt, but DAM N! I'm still pissed off, we were just about to put the car up for sale, whole rear end is SMASHED!
    Oh man that sucks brother! I hate that stuff too. It's happened to me twice. I'm really glad to hear that everyone is ok though! Cars and bikes can be replaced. People can't be
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:

Man praying for ya bro...

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Amos Umwhat:

WOW, Amos I am sure glad you and your wife are OK. What is with people? I can't believe she was going to drive off after seeing you two go down!! I am not a violent person, but I tell you, sometimes you just want to reach out and grab someone by the throat.

Did the cop have anything to say about her trying to drive off?

Sorry to hear about your car too bro', but also glad your nephew wasn't hurt. That's the only problem I see with driving a bike... all the idiots out there in cars who don't give a **** about people on bikes.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, y'know, it really does help to let off a little steam here! :)

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The fact that my wife calls me while I'm still at work this morning (as she's getting ready to leave for her job) and tells me that our Expedition got BROKEN IN TO!!! They stole the radio (which was pretty nice!), and some cords out of the console.

makes me wanna take a week off work and walk the neighborhood at night with an AR-15 to find these punks. Not to worry, I wouldn't shoot them... but they would wish I had when I got done with them! AARRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

on a positive note: I am very grateful that it was just a radio, and that my wife and kids were OK, and whoever did it didn't try to enter the house.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:

Sorry to hear all of this news brother. As a rider myself I understand that we are out there on the road with some real jacks if you know what I mean. Just glad you and the wife are ok, sorry to hear about the car as well...but thankfully everyone is ok...Those jacks will get whats coming for them..just a matter of time.
  • Options
    Retarded clients... seriously dude there is no way to fly screens over the stage with a 13' ceiling.
    The screen will only be 5 feet off the ground at best.

Unless the CEO of your d*mn company is a freaking smurf there is no way he will be able to walk on said stage.

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Caulking.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The first day back at work after vacation .
  • Options
    The Virginia Department of Transportation. They've been doing a ton of construction at night which is fine. When I'm working nights or coming home from afternoons I hit the construction but since it's at night no biggie. That's when it makes sense to do it. These morons for the last 2 days have had a lane on a major highway shut down.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Retarded clients... seriously dude there is no way to fly screens over the stage with a 13' ceiling.
    The screen will only be 5 feet off the ground at best.

Unless the CEO of your d*mn company is a freaking smurf there is no way he will be able to walk on said stage.

This made me chuckle.
  • Options
    impatient drivers. I ride a bicycle everywhere by choice. Sometimes, when a car has towait for, say 15 seconds, I get cussed at, told to ride on the sidewalk, get a car, etc. This wouldn't bother me so much, but when another car delays these idiots for 15 seconds or so, they wait patiently. wtf?
  • Options
    Negative nancy... debbie the downer..... You're alive! Put a smile on your face, and stop trying to bring me down and spread your negativity elsewhere! oh... and people who don't use their blinker.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Sorry if this is supposed to be non cigar related. I hate when I finish a cigar want another but cant taste anything on the 2nd.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Sorry if this is supposed to be non cigar related. I hate when I finish a cigar want another but cant taste anything on the 2nd.
    You're good, cigar related is always fine, (at least IMO) and I hate that too.

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Going in to work and HR says....'Ohh we've decided to change your schedule permanently. You can take off tomorrow, but you have to come back Sunday.'
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Was in Walmart yesterday, picking up some paper plates, ziplok baggies and deodorant (Old Spice). This particular Walmart is remodeling so pallettes of items are dividing most of the aisles. I see some of those instant soup bowls for 50 cents, and being on a cigar budget I decide to get some . but they are across the aisle, I can get through, but my cart cant. So I park my cart, I cross the pallette meridian and start grabbing some soups. I select about 5, turn around and my cart is gone.. Now I could understand if my cart was empty, that happens all the time, but it had items in it. I also only had the thing out of site for maybe a minute. I look everywhere, its Gone. Now there are walmart employees all over as they were working on the pallettes, They were using carts themselves to hold the pallette wrapping material. So I suspect that one of the walmart employees nabbed it for there task at hand. I asked them and no-ones seen it or copping too it. SO I go and steal one from....no just kidding.... But I felt like throwing the soups all over the place in a rampage, But I calmly go and get another cart, funny cause as I'm getting my replacement cart, I see a couple aim n flames that I keep forgetting. So something good did come out of it. But Cmon Man
  • Options
    The Kid:
    I felt like throwing the soups all over the place in a rampage
    lmao!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    That with every thing going on I havn't got up the mtn to one of my favorite B & M 's in about a year . A FREAKIN YEAR !!!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    The Bureaucracy that has kept in me in Ft. Bliss for three months and is looking to keep me here longer! I've been home once since I made it out her and it cost me almost a grand!! Goodbye cigar budget!!!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Jose Reyes-------realllllllly? Pull yourself out of the game after a bunt hit to win the batting title? Realllllllllly? Ted Williams would beat the $hit out of you right now you f'in bum.