Better than spending it in a trauma WARD, yes? LOL

LoL I almost typed this exact thing.
    Haha very true! It was pretty brutal though
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hangovers...

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youtube buffering/loading times lagging ..... maybe it's just me, but whenever I try to watch a video it takes about 2x or 3x as long to load as it did a few weeks ago.

I'm having this "lag" problem with different devices on different networks.....gettin mad at youtube...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Vimeo is worse for me. Even after the load it's like watching Mel Tillis talk.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    When the military mail system runs soooooo sloooooow. Ordered my stuff and it was shipped on the 30th, still not here yet. No smokes=unhappy Marine
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Union votes
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Looking for tires, and the only ones you can find are crappy koreans. I've looked all over for some P245/45R16 94W's - nothing but Nexen and Toyo's in street tire, and of those I've heard they're cheap and wear out quickly, so I'm looking overseas to the UK, hoping someone there is willing to export a pair of Dunlops or Pirelli's, something to last me awhile
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    xmacro:
    Looking for tires, and the only ones you can find are crappy koreans. I've looked all over for some P245/45R16 94W's - nothing but Nexen and Toyo's in street tire, and of those I've heard they're cheap and wear out quickly, so I'm looking overseas to the UK, hoping someone there is willing to export a pair of Dunlops or Pirelli's, something to last me awhile
    Its a sad friggin day when you have to IMPORT decent tires...

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    xmacro:
    Its a sad friggin day when you have to IMPORT decent tires...

And on top of that, try finding decent tires for a travel trailer or 5th wheel trailer. Even good ol' American manufacturers are having them made overseas - mostly in China - and they're not worth diddly-squat.
  • Options
    Militant f*cking atheists. *** 'em all.

I don't care if you're an atheist - it's your belief, it's cool. But stop getting in my face with your bullshit arguments that religious = slavery, or calling me a f*cking racist for being a Christian. **** little chicken **** think everyone needs to agree with them, that it'd "be better for all of humanity if religion was outlawed".

Dammit I'm **** pissed at these ****; gonna go smoke a cigar with a bottle of wine and calm down now
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:

I don't care if you're an atheist - it's your belief, it's cool. But stop getting in my face with your bullshit arguments that religious = slavery, or calling me a f*cking racist for being a Christian. **** little chicken **** think everyone needs to agree with them, that it'd "be better for all of humanity if religion was outlawed".

Dammit I'm **** pissed at these ****; gonna go smoke a cigar with a bottle of wine and calm down now

Without the profanity, I agree totally.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    xmacro:

Without the profanity, I agree totally.
    Sorry about the profanity; that was just a huge venting. Feeling' much better now after that rant, along with a bottle of Clos du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon and a San Lotano Maduro
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    xmacro:

I have a hard time with people of any belief who are adamant that their way is the only way. That kind of talk has only led to trouble in the past...you'd think that as intelligent beings (supposedly) humans would figure this stuff out and learn from it.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    xmacro:

I have a hard time with people of any belief who are adamant that their way is the only way. That kind of talk has only led to trouble in the past...you'd think that as intelligent beings (supposedly) humans would figure this stuff out and learn from it.
    True. I've had conversations with atheists before and it was a delight; I LOVE debating people over any topic, from religion or politics to phone OS' or investing, but that debate needs to be had with someone who respects the others opinion; we can have a heated debate, but the debate turns into a ****-fest when you start calling the other person names and insulting them.

I've got no beef with atheists - it's their belief, it's their business, and bully for them. But damn, do I hate it when someone takes a my-way-or-the-highway approach to anything, whether its politics or religion or tastes, and militant atheists just really get under my skin with their insistence to push all religion completely out of public life and the insistence that the human race is worse off for having religion
  • Options
    xmacro:

Agreed ... and how about militant "any religion" folks.

In my opinion, to each their own....I may not agree with someone else's beliefs, but if that person and I can't sit down and have a civil conversation about our faiths/beliefs/etc then they need to STFU and GTFO.

It amazes me that some people can get so upset about what others believe in....I don't understand it. The way I see it, believe what you want/follow whatever faith you want - it doesn't matter as long as your religion doesn't hurt/harm anyone else.

• Options
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again - NOBODY LIKES A ZEALOT.

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again - NOBODY LIKES A ZEALOT.

How true.
  • Options
    No one like shallots? I'll have you know I love them!
  • Options
    Direwolf:

I hate those onion wanna Be's! :-)
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Direwolf:

I hate those onion wanna Be's! :-)
    It's an onion of distinction!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Self explanatory:

Ugh.
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Steve2010:
    Self explanatory:

Ugh.
    GAH!
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    Self explanatory:

Ugh.
    . . . da f*ck?! NUKE IT FROM ORBIT!!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Yea. It's the time of year when the Camel Spiders and Scorpions come out to play.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Steve2010:
    Self explanatory:

Ugh.
    . . . da f*ck?! NUKE IT FROM ORBIT!!
    ... it's the only way to be sure. RIPLEYYYYYYYYYY!!! LOL

• Options
    Steve2010:
    Self explanatory:

Ugh.
    Ah yes my brothers... BEHOLD! The terrifying camel spider. Cute story to hijack the Things I Hate thread...

On one of my deployments, our team arrived in the AOR heavy on personnel. We ALMOST didnt have enough bunks available, which led to yours truly (who was a little bitty Staff Sergeant (E-5) at the time) bunking in the COMMAND TENT with all our brass (Senior NCO's and officers all the way up to Lt. Colonel.

One nightabout 7 months into our tour, Im coming home around bed time from a long shift. About five paces from our tent door, I hear a blood curdling scream from inside - followed by said door flying open, nearly being ripped off its its hinges, by one of our Senior Master Sergeants (E-8) in a t-shirt, ENFIDEL-level short shorts and flip flops.

Once out the door, the Senior doesnt stop, or even slow down. He continues running down the lane in his flip flops at top speed, screaming "F*CK THIS PLACE!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs.

As I open the door, there is a camel spider about three feet away, just sitting there looking at the door like "Was it something I said?" VERY LOL!

Turns out, the MFer was waiting for the Senior in his bunk when he turned back the sheets to call it a night. Very UN-LOL. :-D

Our battle-hardened Senior was known as Senior Sally for the remainder of the deployment. :-D

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    before i rant i do like cats, one of the strays in particular (there were about 6 strays here, yes they are actually strays, i am surrounded by family and friends several houses in each direction, none have cats) was bottle raised by me before he ran off, got wild, and came back. My cat, Fluffy, is an OLD outdoor cat who adopted us about 7 years ago and has always been pretty small.

I hate strays...especially the ones who have just about killed my cat in the last several nights, he now never lets anyone touch him, is missing many hunks of fur, and never leaves the porch. We are now having to consider putting him down because you can tell that he is nearly at the end.... I just had to run off a huge black cat that was beating the crap out of him.

i also hate plumbing, came back in from that and as i was washing my hands i heard water dripping, looked below the sink and the drain had halfway fallen apart...
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    j0z3r:
    xmacro:

True. I've had conversations with atheists before and it was a delight; I LOVE debating people over any topic, from religion or politics to phone OS' or investing, but that debate needs to be had with someone who respects the others opinion; we can have a heated debate, but the debate turns into a ****-fest when you start calling the other person names and insulting them.

I've got no beef with atheists - it's their belief, it's their business, and bully for them. But damn, do I hate it when someone takes a my-way-or-the-highway approach to anything, whether its politics or religion or tastes, and militant atheists just really get under my skin with their insistence to push all religion completely out of public life and the insistence that the human race is worse off for having religion
    +1. How the eff did I miss this? Had a huge argument with a friend of a friend after that little *** decided to say that all Christians are racists, wife abusers, and mass murderers. He also claimed that Christians were the reason why the Dark Ages came about. Explained to him that Dark Ages came about after the fall of the Roman Empire to pagan barbarians (Visigoths, Ostrogoths, and Vandals) and that what little education and scientific knowledge that was saved was preserved by monasteries. He then decided that all of history is false.

I really have nothing against atheists, but there comes a point when their (militant atheists) absolute belief in their line of reasoning is so zealous that their line of logic (no matter how faulty) becomes their God.
  • Options
    When someone asks me (in person) if I've read the e-mail they sent me........if I haven't replied to you yet, then you should assume that no, I probably have not read it, I will respond to you when I have time.
    If you needed an answer that badly you should have come to me in person or called me.

And if you only CC'ed me on an e-mail and aren't asking for my response, then does it really make a difference if I read it or not?????