Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I Love, or at least have a strong prediliction to:

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    roland_7707:
    Being told that I was/am a "very cordial young man" just for saying yes sir and no sir. Growing up if I didn't say yes sir/maam, daddy whopped me. Now I do it out of habit and also respect. He was older than me and also a vetreran so, yeah, he deserves to be called sir. Noone has ever said thanks for that. It was cool. I'v also noticed that other people my age and younger not saying it and that kinda aggrivates me.
    I say "yes ma'am ,yes sir , no ma'am no sir" to the the kids that run the register at the grocery store. Usually I get a "have a nice day dude " back
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I got one chance as a kid, then the back hand if I didn't say sir or ma'am! My two yearold says yes ma'am to everyone. We'll work on sir later.

The fact that my two yearold is potty trained and no body around here apparently understands you can teach almost anything at any age with the right mentality and attitude.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I love my wife, breathing, laughing with good friends, my dogs, Mark Twain and Ken Kesey books, being completely un-connected (no internet, no cell phone, no tv, using the sun for a clock ) for as long as I can and as often as I can, shooting stuff, and Partagas D's.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Getting vacation booked for the beach!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Direwolf:
    roland_7707:
    Being told that I was/am a "very cordial young man" just for saying yes sir and no sir. Growing up if I didn't say yes sir/maam, daddy whopped me. Now I do it out of habit and also respect. He was older than me and also a vetreran so, yeah, he deserves to be called sir. Noone has ever said thanks for that. It was cool. I'v also noticed that other people my age and younger not saying it and that kinda aggrivates me.
    I say "yes ma'am ,yes sir , no ma'am no sir" to the the kids that run the register at the grocery store. Usually I get a "have a nice day dude " back
    I was raised that "Sir" and "Maam" is a show of respect, and I feel that every person out there deserves my respect until they demonstrate that they do not.

• Options
    JDH:
    I love my wife, breathing, laughing with good friends, my dogs, Mark Twain and Ken Kesey books, being completely un-connected (no internet, no cell phone, no tv, using the sun for a clock ) for as long as I can and as often as I can, shooting stuff, and Partagas D's.
    I love the fact that in your list, your wife came first. Good to see dudes out there who GET IT. :-)

• Options
    The Sniper:
    JDH:
    I love the fact that in your list, your wife came first. Good to see dudes out there who GET IT. :-)

Wll if ya married ya should get it
  • Options
    skweekz:
    WAHOO!!! Nothing in the world beats beach time IMHO! What beach are you going to? A word of warning - dont know how recent the pic in your avatar is, but I hope you have better luck with yours at the beach than I had with mine - the waves scared my almost-two-year-old daughter TO DEATH!!!

Side note silver lining - when we visited that same beach ten years later, I couldnt get either of my daughters OUT of the ocean. :-)

• Options
    Direwolf:
    The Sniper:
    JDH:

Well said my brother, but all too many dont seem to. Really bothers me when I hear guys talking to their wives, gf's, on the phone and ending their part of the conversation with "alright, bye" or something similar. You could hang up that phone, take one step and drop dead of a heart attack - should the last words you say to the person you love be "alright, bye" or something a little more meaningful, ya know?

SNIPER RANT COMPLETE :-)

• Options
    (delivered in best Homer Simpson impression...)

I love you Camacho Triple Maduro. Sometimes I think you are the only one who truly understands me. You are ALWAYS the right answer. :-)

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Direwolf:
    The Sniper:
    JDH:

Well said my brother, but all too many dont seem to. Really bothers me when I hear guys talking to their wives, gf's, on the phone and ending their part of the conversation with "alright, bye" or something similar. You could hang up that phone, take one step and drop dead of a heart attack - should the last words you say to the person you love be "alright, bye" or something a little more meaningful, ya know?

lol I was talking about shaggin. but I do agree with what ya said.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    The Sniper:
    Direwolf:
    The Sniper:
    JDH:

lol I was talking about shaggin. but I do agree with what ya said.
    Didnt work for me. In an interesting side note, Georgetown researchers recently isolated a chemical compound that reduces the female sex drive by 96.3%... WEDDING CAKE! LOL

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that I'm not dead yet.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:
    WAHOO!!! Nothing in the world beats beach time IMHO! What beach are you going to? A word of warning - dont know how recent the pic in your avatar is, but I hope you have better luck with yours at the beach than I had with mine - the waves scared my almost-two-year-old daughter TO DEATH!!!

Side note silver lining - when we visited that same beach ten years later, I couldnt get either of my daughters OUT of the ocean. :-)

We'll be going to Virginia Beach in the end of July. We had her at Myrtle this past August. She didn't really seem too crazy about the ocean then so we'll see how it goes this time. She's running all over the place now I'm sure it'll be a different story this time!
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    I love the fact that I'm not dead yet.
    +1
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The old farm homeplace where I grew up in the foothills on North Carolina . Lots of memories .
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've said it before. I love Godfathers, best drink of all time.

• Options
    The fact that we are community in the greatest sense of the word. Many of us have not and will never meet, however people feel comfortable enough to post about their most sensitive and vulnerable moments on this forum. There is no fear of reproach or indignity. It's hard to find a place like this ANYWHERE and I'm proud to be a part of it!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    The fact that we are community in the greatest sense of the word. Many of us have not and will never meet, however people feel comfortable enough to post about their most sensitive and vulnerable moments on this forum. There is no fear of reproach or indignity. It's hard to find a place like this ANYWHERE and I'm proud to be a part of it!
    Well said, as I am sure we all share the same sentiment.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Having a cigar by a fire.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    A nice cold beer in a frosty pint glass.
  • Options
    Teddy Grahams. Bought a box for my daughter and I've eaten most of them.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Not so much about the Teddy Grahams, but I will put a STRAIGHT UP HURTIN on some Animal Crackers! LOL

• Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:
    Not so much about the Teddy Grahams, but I will put a STRAIGHT UP HURTIN on some Animal Crackers! LOL

nilla wafers for me
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:

Thats what I'm talking bout Sniper. Aint nothing better than some animal crackers...but I will only eat the Barnum joints..lol straight up!
  • Options
    Nutterbutters.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Keeping with the snack theme...Peanut M&M's
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Made for television science fiction shows, like Stargate SG-1, SG Atlantis, Farscape, and new Battlestar Gallactica. Edit - regarding snacks, Reese's peanutbutter cups for the win.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    stephen_hannibal:
    I've said it before. I love Godfathers, best drink of all time.

I'll bite stephen, whats in a godfather?
  • Options
    slickric:
    The Sniper:
    skweekz:

nilla wafers for me
    Nila Wafers in banana pudding with a light slathering of ship cream on top... what???

GAME OVER!!! Thats what! :-)