Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUGUST 21 2017 THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER WILL PASS BETWEEN THE EARTH AND THE SUN CAUSING A TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crotch Charms 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

Gun nuts
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The Cheeto Messiah with probably one of the most bizarre and worst pressers ever a few hours ago. It's the Alt - Left and Fake News to blame for the violence in Charlotte. Unreal.

He had to get all the facts before he stated what he did today. Are u kidding me? The same Admin that brought you Alternative facts.

This President is an utter disgrace plain and simple. Every time he opens his mouth or tweets he does more damage than good. It will get worse before it gets better.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cheeto Messiah with probably one of the most bizarre and worst pressers ever a few hours ago. It's the Alt - Left and Fake News to blame for the violence in Charlotte. Unreal.

He had to get all the facts before he stated what he did today. Are u kidding me? The same Admin that brought you Alternative facts.

This President is an utter disgrace plain and simple. Every time he opens his mouth or tweets he does more damage than good. It will get worse before it gets better.
    Still better than Hillary.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'm big censored. Commented over an hour ago and it's still not posted.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:

I would rather our President be @Puff_Dougie than either of them. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Posts awaiting moderation go into a black hole. Try again, quoting can be problematic. 
  • Options
    Maybe God is just trying to tell me to stay out of it :p

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    How about them liberals getting a free pass today in NC. Must be nice. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Wylaff said:

I would rather our President be @Puff_Dougie than either of them. 
    I agree, they were the worst possible candidates on either side. But if I'm forced to pick the lesser of two evils, no matter what that lesser does, I will still be thankful they won over the greater.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I thought all of it happened because the people in charge told the police to stand down. 
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Gee, I thought all of it happened because the people in charge told the police to stand down. 
    I don't think it really matters why it happened. The correct response is to condemn the actions of a domestic terrorist. 
  • Options
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    webmost said:

They were not actually built by slaves. I realize the highly regarded fact checkers at Patriot Humor get things wrong every once in a while so here is an article from National Geographic:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2001/11/01/html/ft_20011101.5.fulltext.html

And arguably, I cannot think of another instance where a country has erected monuments to the losing side of an insurrection. I understand that individuals associate the flag and statues as symbols of southern pride, and may even have had family fight and die for the Confederacy. This does not excuse the fact that  these symbols are synonymous with racial bigotry and ideology. 

Government is suppose to be inclusive. If an individual chooses to fly the Confederate flag then by all means they should be allowed to, but the government should remain neutral. 
    Post edited by ExpendableYouth on
  • Options
    The local newspaper had an article the other day about the Annual Regatta apologizing because someone had a confederate flag decal on a vehicle in the parade.
    We have become so "sensitive" to all this crap, that we are stepping on toes to prevent being offended.

Because, it might have connotations of slavery or offend someone.
    It is ok to fly any nation's flag and hundreds of rainbow flags in a parade, but god help the person who has a confederate flag decal.

As a person who's ancestors were literally slaughtered and forced into becoming servants/guides/trappers, I am very aware of the atrocities.
    But, as a realist and a believer in constitutional rights, I do not get offended by Robert E Lee statues, the confederate flag or any of those things.

Those things happened at a time that I wasn't present for and the people who committed those things are long since passed. 
    Plus, for that time period, it was accepted by everyone as a way of life. Was it wrong, yes. But if you were a child in that time, born to a plantation owner, you would follow suit, as it was the acceptable thing.
    Was it right? No. Is removing statues, flags and religious things going to make any difference? No.

Racism should be the thing to remove. Not the history.
    People are crying about oppression, but have little experience with oppression. Go to third world country and experience it first hand and then complain about oppression in tha US.

Just my opinion.
    Government is suppose to be inclusive. If an individual chooses to fly the Confederate flag then by all means they should be allowed to, but the government should remain neutral. 

Very well put.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Violence is never good regardless of which side you choose or who is too blame. However for the President to say what he said yesterday about the events that took place on Friday night is so far off it is not even comprehensible regardless of your political views.

I watched the presser for one reason, I wanted to hear about his plan for infrastructure. Instead will got a clown circus as usual.

I know one thing though expect a rally soon. Par for the course. The Cheeto Messiah will need his ego stroked. It happens every time he sticks his foot in his mouth or he fat thumbs his twitter account. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    A few facts:

General Lee was against Slavery. 

As a corporal, Robert Lee helped lead the US Army to victory in the Spanish American War. Which ultimately led to Mexico turning over California, Utah and Nevada to the US.

The Civil War was not founded on Slavery.

Abraham Lincoln said the south is to be forgiven and it's soldiers are to be treated as United States veterans.

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were slave owners. 

Should we also tear down Rushmore? Should the Constitutionnow be condemned? Why arent these members of the far left destroying their currency?

• Options
    Markwell said:
    A few facts:

General Lee was against Slavery. 

As a corporal, Robert Lee helped lead the US Army to victory in the Spanish American War. Which ultimately led to Mexico turning over California, Utah and Nevada to the US.

The Civil War was not founded on Slavery.

Abraham Lincoln said the south is to be forgiven and it's soldiers are to be treated as United States veterans.

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were slave owners. 

Should we also tear down Rushmore? Should the Constitutionnow be condemned? Why arent these members of the far left destroying their currency?

I'm glad you posted that because so many of our educated neighbors do not realize the civil war was over states rights and money. I get so tired of people saying we fought a war over slavery. Slavery did not become an issue until Lincoln's Gettysburg address.
    How screwed up was my family during that time?
    I am a direct descendant of Jefferson Davis on my paternal grandmothers side.
    When they tore down the 7 chimney house she lived in they found a bunker that was used to help escaping slaves (underground railway) get to the north. That was under the back porch(?) which was huge.
    They also found a distillery under the barn. Since my grandfather was a teetotaler it kind of had people a bit confused.

• Options
    I don't think anyone said that the Civil War was entirely predicated on slavery. Economically and politically the south felt that they were marginalized, and the feeling only deepened when Lincoln won the election without winning a single slave state. 

It would be a misnomer to say that the Civil War was entirely about slavery, but it would be disingenuous to say that slavery played no part in it either. The South's main exports were labor intensive crops that were predominately supported by institutionalized slavery. Prior to the Civil War the North and South fought to have new states classified as either free or slave states; often with violent resolutions. 

You're right that many of the founding fathers were slave owners, and they have monuments and currency printed of them. What they do not have in common with Lee or Davis is the succession from the United States. Once again, if an individual wants to raise the confederate flag or erect a monument to a confederate leader they should be allowed to. It is speech and should be protected as such.

The question is if the government should use tax payer money to create and maintain these monuments. Generally, when the government funds a project it signifies a tacit approval. While some people may agree with the governments message we must be mindful of everyone. As citizens we must respect each other and our opinions, and expect our government to treat us equally. 
  • Options
    Considering that the boys who fought for the south were Americans, I see no problem with these monuments being funded by taxpayer dollars. The Lee Monument was erected over 100 years ago. The "Boys in Gray" monument which was illegally torn down in Durham, NC this week was erected in the 1920's. Funny that the news hasn't really reported on that whole illegal protest. 

My family came over from England in the 1600's as indentured servants. They worked their butts off and paid their debts. They had tobacco plantations all over the south, the largest (Brickland) is still standing in Blackwell's Neck, VA. We had slaves, but they were treated as human beings. All of our slaves, when given the option after the war, elected to stay on the plantation and continue to work because they were treated fairly. While I do not support my family's decision to have slaves, something must be said for their demeanor in the way they treated these people. 

Further, my family fought for The Cause. They were doing what they felt was best for their families and neighbors. That being said, I sure as heck don't mind my tax dollars going towards the funding of my family's legacy and heritage. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Things I have learned on the news and social media this week:

1.) Nazis should not have rights or legal protections.
    2.) People who do not denounce Nazis are just as bad as Nazis and deserve to share in their fate.
    3.) Saying "I denounce Nazis" is not adequate denunciation. Adequate denunciation requires pledging unequivocal support for "anti-****" groups.

Thus support for self-designated "anti-Nazis" is a prerequisite for having rights and legal protections.

There should be no tolerance for people who are not members of the Anti-**** Party (ANP), no respect, and no mercy. All who will not raise their fist in a pledge of allegiance to ANP should be destroyed.

I think we may have hit peak irony here. The meter does not go higher.
    ---Josh Hugo

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Just take me out now then...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I have been watching the news and have not seen any of the networks saying they should not have rights. I have not watched it 24/7 but I have not seen this. All citizens regardless of their beliefs are entitled to rights in this country. However the platform they have been given lately should not be accepted. 

Everyone in this country should be striking down what they stand for. I guess the smoldering of over a million jews is acceptable to some. What good do these people even stand for?? This stuff isn't even legal in Germany. Talk about Irony.

Now you have one of the KKK leaders crying like a baby because he is afraid he will be arrested or shot. This is the same guy that was on tv claiming that more should die and more violence is needed. You reap what you sow.

The news coverage is what it is. You can say left and you can say right. CNN, MSNBC and others will continue to call out and bash the Cheeto Messiah, FOX news will continue to tea bag and tell everyone that Trump is the greatest. This will never change. Everyone can form their own opinion.

I will say though that when the KKK and David Duke are praising the President for his comments it says a lot about how this has all played out. When you have Military Generals aligning to rebuke in unison says a lot also about what they think of this White House as well. 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    The same David Duke that he has been disavowing for 20+ years. Just because someone praises Trump doesn't mean that he endorses their behavior man. 

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheeto Messiah, is that original Rodney?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    dirtdude said:
    Cheeto Messiah, is that original Rodney?

Only when he has his Orange makeup on
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: