Home Non Cigar Related

FOOTBALL Season is allmost here!!!!!!!!

so guys, football season is right around the corner!!!! Good smokes, good beer , and good times! So who is your team and what team is going to the bowl? I love da Bears and 2nd the Broncos, I'm Callin it now Da Bears are going to DA BOWL!!!!!! I did not see another football thread so I hope I ain't repeatin history

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Carolina Panthers here... 9-win season. Haven't done enough thinking to figure out who's going to the Super Bowl, but I'll give 100-to-1 the Giants don't repeat.
    Also, I went to Miami University, so I tend to be a fan of the RedThings, and all MAC teams in out-of-conference matchups. For major schools, I'm a Buckeye fan, like most of my family. My alma mater will not win the national championship :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Long-time Dolphins fan, here. If we win 5 this year, I'll consider it a successful season.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    DA BEARS!!!!!
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Big Colts fan....Looking forward to the opening night game on Sunday against the Bears in the new stadium. Should be a great time.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Big Cowboys fan here. I'm looking forward to the first pre-season game this upcoming weekend. I'm curious to see how a couple of these rookies are going to do. And after last year's success, I'm very excited for the season. Plus, it's football, and I love football season regardless.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Celtic Rider:
    so guys, football season is right around the corner!!!! Good smokes, good beer , and good times! So who is your team and what team is going to the bowl? I love da Bears and 2nd the Broncos, I'm Callin it now Da Bears are going to DA BOWL!!!!!! I did not see another football thread so I hope I ain't repeatin history
    Wow, a Denver man thats a Bears fan.. Who da thunk it. I've loved the Bears since forever. I keep hoping they can take another superbowl. We shall see.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The Bears would really have a shot I think, if they could figure out that little QB snafu they have going on up there.
    The Bears may be on the same frustrating plan the Dolphins were on for a long time: great defense, no QB. (Before Marino retired, we had the opposite: great QB, no defense.) That kind of thing puts years on a fan.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Not much of a sports fan. But my favorite team is whoever's beating the Redskins... their fans are (for the most part) just too obnoxious for words.
  • la-henryla-henry Posts: 74
    For pro football, i'm a bears fan. Not real big but a fan none the less. I'm a college guy and a Die hard Husker fan!!!! Won't have the best season out there but i think that they'll do good.
    la-henry:
    For pro football, i'm a bears fan. Not real big but a fan none the less. I'm a college guy and a Die hard Husker fan!!!! Won't have the best season out there but i think that they'll do good.
    If the Bears could win on the popularity right here They have the superbowl wrapped up. We will have plenty to talk about this fall and winter gents..
    Let me think . . . what do the Bears and Dolphins have in common . . . hmmmm . . . my mind wanders to . . . 1985. :)
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm kinda partial to the five-time Super Bowl champs Pittsburgh Steelers.
    urbino:
    Let me think . . . what do the Bears and Dolphins have in common . . . hmmmm . . . my mind wanders to . . . 1985. :)
    What !! a Super Bowl victory.. The greatest Defense in NFL history, The most one sided victory, My favotite S.B game ever.. A touchdown by a 350 pound defensive lineman. the oddest quarterback to play the game. well thats the Bears
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    you might hate me after i say the colts =)
    DiasFlak:
    you might hate me after i say the colts =)
    Hey Dias, I really enjoyed watching the Colts last year even after the way they handed the Bears their ass the year before. Colts are going to be there too.
    Yeah, it's hard to root against the Colts. Even for an old AFC East rival. As big an *** as P. Manning was at the U. of Tennessee, he seems to be a class act in the NFL.
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    What !! a Super Bowl victory.. The greatest Defense in NFL history, The most one sided victory, My favotite S.B game ever.. A touchdown by a 350 pound defensive lineman. the oddest quarterback to play the game. well thats the Bears
    And only one loss. It's so sad.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    the colts played well i wonder how they will do this year...
    With all these Bears fans, and the timing of their meeting the Panthers, I'm tempted to wager a few sticks against each of you to take care of my fall re-stock
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hail to the Redskins, Hail to Victory! Hey zoom I'm proud to be one of those obnoxious fans, go to philly sometime you'll see truly obnoxious up there. The Redskins installed a cigar bar in the stadium this year, HOW ABOUT THAT! Unforunately its sponsered by Macanudo and I think you have to smoke what they have there, all Macanudo's I'm sure, but hey its a cigar bar!
    madurofan:
    Hail to the Redskins, Hail to Victory! Hey zoom I'm proud to be one of those obnoxious fans, go to philly sometime you'll see truly obnoxious up there. The Redskins installed a cigar bar in the stadium this year, HOW ABOUT THAT! Unforunately its sponsered by Macanudo and I think you have to smoke what they have there, all Macanudo's I'm sure, but hey its a cigar bar!
    Fight for old D.C.!!!

I hate that song... They play it all the time down here.. lots of Redskins fans because they were the local team before Charlotte and Atlanta got their teams. I don't mind Redskins fans, though... they're amusing in their little "think we're gonna win someday" world ;)
    dutyje:
    With all these Bears fans, and the timing of their meeting the Panthers, I'm tempted to wager a few sticks against each of you to take care of my fall re-stock
    Would that be the need to restock after you are left empty handed once all your cigar bets/debts have been paid out to victorious Bears fans ?
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Fight for old D.C.!!!

I hate that song... They play it all the time down here.. lots of Redskins fans because they were the local team before Charlotte and Atlanta got their teams. I don't mind Redskins fans, though... they're amusing in their little "think we're gonna win someday" world ;)
    HAHA! Think we're gonna win someday eh? How did the panthers do in the playoffs last year? Oh thats right ....
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Would that be the need to restock after you are left empty handed once all your cigar bets/debts have been paid out to victorious Bears fans ?
    I'll be surprised if Da Bears break .500 next year.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Dallas fan and Texas longhorn fan hookem horns....
    They still have a team in Dallas? I thought we poached the whole franchise to Miami.
    urbino:
    They still have a team in Dallas? I thought we poached the whole franchise to Miami.
    Yeah, judging by recent performance I'd have to guess that was actually sabotage.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    Luko:
    I'm kinda partial to the five-time Super Bowl champs Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Boooooo! Lets go Browns. I hope the brownies make the playoffs this year.