Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    Just spent 2 hours rotating stock in coolers and recharging Boveda spares. 

Only 2 hours? B)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Started up my truck this AM and the truck told me my right rear tire was low. It was 2 degrees out. Went into my studio and cranked up my compressor to fill my air tank. Got the tank to 100 lbs and went outside to attend the tire. It was so cold I lost feeling in my fingers and had to get plyers to get the valve cover off the tire. The tire went up and the light went off. It's really cold in these NC mountains.

Yeah, I get that all the time this time of year. I drive a Ford, so...it's common with the tire sensor I've heard when it gets cold. Could also be my bead on the tires. Either way, I have a little compressor that plugs into the cigar- er, I mean "utility port" and it works well enough. Waiting until tomorrow to do mine, tires looked fine and I don't care about the stupid warning light. We're at -3 here and it should get back to the 20's or so tomorrow.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    NorCalR1 said:
    Just spent 2 hours rotating stock in coolers and recharging Boveda spares. 

Only 2 hours? B)
    Was trying to finish before the wife woke up  Lol

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not go out and remove snow from car. Two days not doing it.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plowed snow for 21 years and never once did I plow my own driveway.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    i haven't gone out to remove snow from the car in 11 years.
    Dang near 51 years here....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Rigged a vent pipe for my new roaster. Hope I don't melt the fan.  Time to roast.

Gonna start calling you "Chart Man."
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well played, Calvin. Hope you got it in writing. ..

I'm going to take the day off. (Wednesday)

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Yakster said:
    Rigged a vent pipe for my new roaster. Hope I don't melt the fan.  Time to roast.

Gonna start calling you "Chart Man."
    The knot display looks interesting.....
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned my room cause we are going to be re evaluated by DCS.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the new Color Project release fly off the shelf. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    I'm searching for one of my vials of gold leaf so I can apply it to this 5 Vegas maduro and turn it into a true baller stick. Nobody, not even a person smoking a Dunbarton Unicorn is gonna be this cool.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    I'm searching for one of my vials of gold leaf so I can apply it to this 5 Vegas maduro and turn it into a true baller stick. Nobody, not even a person smoking a Dunbarton Unicorn is gonna be this cool.
    Please excuse my ignorance but — define ‘baller stick’ to me, would’ja?  Thanks...... 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heating repair in the pottery shop, $145/hour, lol, and they can't come until Friday. At least there are no water pipes in there to freeze.
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    BKDog said:
    Please excuse my ignorance but — define ‘baller stick’ to me, would’ja?  Thanks...... 

Think rap music and everything you would see on Mtv if you made the mistake of watching it. Now, think Mike Tyson before he started to bite ears off, beat women, and do hard drugs. Next, add a dash of P. Diddy, then just a smidge of Thor (the movie version), and you've got yourself a BALLER.

B)
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. Whoopee......  

But thanks....
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power outage. Glad I'm done roasting.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Fixed the mess the handyman made of our bathroom sink p-trap (had to start from scratch) and fixed a leaky hot water cartridge.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put up railings on each side of my others steps to her pottery studio. Went into the woods and found two standing dead 4 inch diameter locust trees. Cut the trees and hauled them to my studio. A hour on the shaving horse with a drawknife and the rails were ready. Another hour and the rails were lag bolted in place. A springtime honeydo and it is not spring yet..
  • Options
    They make sunflower seeds without the shells.

I feel like I just found a cheat code to life.
  • Options
    I know some people who eat sunflower seeds with the shells, and even people who don't peel or devein shrimp.

Not me, I load up my cheek with about 10 seeds, move one to my front teeth with my tongue, split the shell, spit the husks and eat the seed.  I don't like the seeds without the shells because I enjoy the process and it gives me something to do.  Without the shells, I'd eat too many seeds too quickly.

I found that you could re-purpose an empty gum container with a sandwich bag that allowed you to pour out the seeds from the side (which were under the bag) and spit the shells into the top. I didn't stick with it and just use spit cups.

You ever see someone with two beer bottles, one they're drinking out of and the other they're spitting into (seeds or tobacco) get drunk and confused and take a swig from the wrong bottle? I went to a popular ag school (also popular for Engineering) and witnessed this many times.
  • Options
    Now I really want some sunflower seeds.  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Yakster Wait. You spit the shells OUT?

:open_mouth:

I used to eat them whole, especially the flavored ones. I just found the seeds without shells to be easier to swallow.

:D