Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

65% of the deaths in this state are of people in managed care facilities, so I guess it is because people in democratic states live long enough to end up there.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken, thanks, that's the first laugh I've had in days.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Virus rips through school after mask usage is suspended
    More than 150 students at an Israeli secondary school were infected by the coronavirus after students were allowed to remove their masks during a heatwave. Roughly 10 days after Israeli schools fully reopened on 17 May, two students at a secondary school in Jerusalem were diagnosed with COVID-19. The resulting outbreak infected 153 students and 25 members of staff. By mid-June, a further 87 cases had occurred among the close contacts of people infected through the school outbreak.
    Reference: Eurosurveillance paper
    https://www.eurosurveillance.org/content/10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2020.25.29.2001352?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=011af2b711-briefing-dy-20200728&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-011af2b711-43298189#html_fulltext

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful going to church, but if you want to avoid the virus, just go protest somewhere and you will be safe.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I laughed the other day at work, common sense is dead. I'm currently working in a building under construction, the site managers made mask wearing mandatory in common areas and when around others. This building is basically divided into three large sections. I was working by myself fabricating some curved panels in section three not wearing a mask (it sucks running a saw and such with a mask, I would rather protect my eyes). I was the only person in section three when an employee of the people running the site walked over 200 feet to ask me to put on a mask. I told him I was the only person for almost 500 feet until he walked 200 feet to me. He apologized and walked away. I picked up my finished panel, put my mask on and installed it in a common area keeping the mask on.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pharmaceutical companies can't rake in the cash on old drugs. Cheap and reliable drugs only benefit the end user, not large drug companies, hospitals and certainly not the politicians they pay off.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

edited August 2020
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a friend who lives in Sweden and we have been comparing the government reactions. They have never locked things down, never required a mask and they appear to be much better off than we are with the restrictions. Their economy didn't take a hit either since businesses weren't shutdown.

Yesterday the Governor in North Carolina announced they were keeping us in Phase 2 through at least 11-Sept. The state HHS Secretary indicated that date was selected in part to allow them to see how school openings impacted the #s. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she is talking about universities, but she was quoted as saying "schools". According to a local NBC News Station, most if not all counties on their K-12 list are going to start school online. Not sure how that will show much change :). I am definitely not sure how watching schools reopen is going to impact opening gyms, bars, bowling alleys, etc.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/here-is-how-each-triangle-school-district-private-school-plans-to-reopen/19186440/

BTW, in NC, restaurants, distilleries, wineries, breweries can all open, but bars that do not qualify as a restaurant cannot.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really do not know what to believe.
    Masks can't hurt, and may do some good. How much energy does it take?
    We have a friend that was diagnosed with the virus. Turns out he had pneumonia. They did not look for anything but the virus.
    I can't go anywhere, do not drive. But I think I will where a mask if I do. Then I will only have to worry about the Karens and thugs.

When all they are looking for is covid, that is all they will find

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I talked to a coworker today whose friend had it over a month ago. She’s miserable because she still can’t smell or taste anything and can’t shake the fatigue

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is sad that a Henry Ford Clinic gave it great reviews, but the media (ny times) said it did nothing for patients.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like he was homesick, wanted to get back to his life inside.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

'AeroNabs' promise powerful, inhalable protection against COVID-19
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200811234951.htm

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^Trump should've said it was bogus and HCQ would never work. That way the studies would've shown it does work and MSM would've promoted the **** out of it.

The scary thing is, that it is true.
    Had Trump denounced it, the media would immediately found that it was the end all cure.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.