Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello watson!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @RandyW, welcome aboard.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Shaner9erShaner9er Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

@RandyW said:
    Greetings everyone!!

Just wanted to take a chance to introduce myself. I live in Texas just north of Dallas in the little town of Aubrey. Years ago I used to have quite the affinity for a good cigar, but do to life circumstances I had to move away from them for a while. I have just recently started picking up a few here and there and realize just how much I enjoyed sitting back and having a good cigar.

My wife and I are currently working on starting a small farm homestead in southern Oklahoma. Im looking forward to the day I can sit on my own front porch and enjoy a good cigar. I think when that day comes it will be the best cigar of my life.

I look forward to getting to know some fine folks here and catching up on some of the latest trends in the cigar world!!

Welcome!

• Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that’s so awesome. I can’t stop watching Alaska shows like Alaska’s last frontier because I find self sufficient homesteads so awesome. Welcome @RandyW

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome all

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha a real connoisseur! I'd like to introduce you to my good friend @Scotch_n_Smoke who was also a two-bit lackey. Hopefully you end up like old Lawrence, a distant memory...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ToddAlanWoodcraft said:
    Hi, Kyle of Todd Alan Woodcraft... We (I) love Cigars and we (again I too) love Whiskey- so if you're on some whiskey forums around the net, you may see me there too.

Quick plug for the shop - we have a great Cigar and Whiskey (or rum, or whatever you love to drink) board on our site. Its roasted French Oak, and has a cut-out for a cigar and comes with 1 Glencairn 6oz whisky sniffer.

Hope to exchange thoughts, and Ideas with many of you soon!

Currently Smoking: ACID Cold Infusion Tea from Nicaragua.
    Smells like a tobacco store meets an East Indian spice shop- but its really smooth.

FYI, the locals don’t take kindly to non-Cigar.com affiliated sales. If you are interested in cigars , stick around ... if you are looking for approval for you own financial enterprise ... you are going to meet some resistance, but hey man, free country and this is a reasonably free forum

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:

@ToddAlanWoodcraft said:
    Hi, Kyle of Todd Alan Woodcraft... We (I) love Cigars and we (again I too) love Whiskey- so if you're on some whiskey forums around the net, you may see me there too.

Quick plug for the shop - we have a great Cigar and Whiskey (or rum, or whatever you love to drink) board on our site. Its roasted French Oak, and has a cut-out for a cigar and comes with 1 Glencairn 6oz whisky sniffer.

Hope to exchange thoughts, and Ideas with many of you soon!

Currently Smoking: ACID Cold Infusion Tea from Nicaragua.
    Smells like a tobacco store meets an East Indian spice shop- but its really smooth.

FYI, the locals don’t take kindly to non-Cigar.com affiliated sales. If you are interested in cigars , stick around ... if you are looking for approval for you own financial enterprise ... you are going to meet some resistance, but hey man, free country and this is a reasonably free forum

Reasonably free haha @cigarexplorer.

Welcome Kyle or Todd, I'm confused. Stick around for cigars and learn, don't peddle your craft, unless you want to get a bunch of flak.

Also welcome @RandyW. I grew up in Celina and family have moved a bit south over time.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @Circustown .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Hello bro, welcome.

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Circustown, there's a 2019 and 2018 top 20 cigars threads that are a good start, and check out the morning, afternoon, and evening what are you smoking threads.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
  • Options

Here's another good, more recent thread to check out.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900960/help-i-m-outdated#latest

• Options
    CircustownCircustown Posts: 3

@Yakster said:
    Welcome @Circustown, there's a 2019 and 2018 top 20 cigars threads that are a good start, and check out the morning, afternoon, and evening what are you smoking threads.

Thanks for the info!

• Options
    BlueMan0BlueMan0 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Hello all. For the past several years, I would only smoke a cigar once or twice a year (birthday, occasion, that sort of thing), so I haven’t developed a taste for anything in particular, I’m exploring a little. I have a small collection of 10 sticks. Just a guy that appreciates well made things... looking forward to learning from the community.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome

• Options

Welcome aboard @BlueMan0 .

• Options

Yeah, I had ten sticks when I got here, :D Welcome

• Options

Welcome @BlueMan0

• Options

Welcome @BlueMan0

• Options
    BlueMan0BlueMan0 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

@CommanderDuke1_ said:
    Welcome @BlueMan0

Thanks a lot

• Options

Welcome to the forum BOTL.

• Options

Welcome @logan_042, check out the vHerf if you are interested in getting online on Zoom with other cigar smokers.

• Options
    edited November 2020

Welcome aboard Logan.

• Options

Welcome @logan_042

• Options

Welcome @RobbyCruz