Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Managed to douse myself thoroughly in jet fuel. The geniuses at Lear decided to run 2 engine fuel supply lines under the left engine generator. Fuel lines have to come out to get the genny out and there’s no way to drain the line prior to disconnecting the couplings. Right engine doesn’t have this dilemma. 30 minutes out & back in on the right, 2 1/2 wet hrs for the left one. Maybe I’ll hold off having a cigar for a bit.....

Yeah, that's usually the moment when somebody walks up, lights a cigarette, and announces "I smell gas!"

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Managed to douse myself thoroughly in jet fuel. The geniuses at Lear decided to run 2 engine fuel supply lines under the left engine generator. Fuel lines have to come out to get the genny out and there’s no way to drain the line prior to disconnecting the couplings. Right engine doesn’t have this dilemma. 30 minutes out & back in on the right, 2 1/2 wet hrs for the left one. Maybe I’ll hold off having a cigar for a bit.....

What could possibly go wrong?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen this online before so imagine my surprise to be driving down the road and see it

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty evening last nite. Had a couple steaks prepped, a batch of Patrick potatoes wrapped & just got the coals started when I got called in. i am so ready to retire.....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got selected for freakin jury duty.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ can't believe you could bring a camera into the courthouse.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I get called for that every other year, you can damn near set your watch by it. We pull state jury duty for 30 days & federal for 90. Been on 8 or 9 trial juries...

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

…… I’m still up…….

• Options

I got called up once. Once they heard I was from a police family I was let go and have never been called up again. Been 30 something years since.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'm excited about being selected, your honor, I can spot a guilty face just like that!" Snaps fingers.

I've been told that will get you out.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I get called I bring a big Bible in one hand and the latest NRA magazine in the other, usually get released immediately.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    ^^^ can't believe you could bring a camera into the courthouse.

Yeah this was before they collected our phones.

• Options
    edited August 2021

This broke. Artificial horizon indicator....

It lives in the top center hole & comes out the back...

Through this mess.

The two instruments below it have to come out to get to the bad one. Out's not too bad. Putting it in? That's a serious clusterfvck. The holes are just small enough I can't get my hand through them.
    4 1/2 hrs...start to finish.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geeze, I don't think I have the manual dexterity to do something like that any more. If I tried, I'd need like 20 extra fasteners.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

^^^ Basically, ya just cuss & bleed a lot till the thing comes out.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    This broke. Artificial horizon indicator....

It lives in the top center hole & comes out the back...

Through this mess.

The two instruments below it have to come out to get to the bad one. Out's not too bad. Putting it in? That's a serious clusterfvck. The holes are just small enough I can't get my hand through them.
    4 1/2 hrs...start to finish.

I'll never complain about wiring again after seeing all those bundles of wires, good Lord!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

@Trykflyr_1

Stupid engineers/ designers. A/C are but together from the inside out with little consideration of how you replace things.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

^^^ That bottom pic is from underneath looking up behind the instrument panel. Forward is towards the bottom of the pic, the gages are mounted through the panel you can’t see at the top of the photo. That’s all crammed into about a cubic foot of space. The black rod through the center is the control yoke shaft that moves when the flight controls are moved during flight. It’s gotta have clear space to travel through that whole area...

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surprised you haven't pulled your hair out.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Surprised you haven't pulled your hair out.

It would take too long

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the main line for my irrigation cut in half today….. for the 4th time this month

• Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    ^^^ Basically, ya just cuss & bleed a lot till the thing comes out.

And hope like hell nothing else got broken during the process?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dragging ass today, phone and email blowing up, broadband going up and down this morning while trying to work and stay on a Zoom call by switching to a hotspot. Spotted an AT&T truck in front of my neighbor's house, I think I found the culprit. I came out to the garage with my laptops to work and smoke a pipe now that things have settled down and almost when ass over tea kettle when I slipped on the spilled laundry detergent on the garage floor.

https://youtu.be/T2Hmr8aJdZ4

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

I'll never complain about wiring again after seeing all those bundles of wires, good Lord!

I think the aircraft builders think it is funny to make all the wires white too. I makes it so easy to trace wires hand over hand.
    This is from one of the avionics compartments of the OH-58 helicopter I used to work on.

• Options

There’s always that section of wire that’s been spliced in but not numbered...or has different numbers....and that’s the ONLY stretch in the 50 wire thick bundle you can see, but not touch.

I love my job.