Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Actually Frank, if Trump had ordered it, I think a whole lot more people would be opposed. You are also mixing mandates with laws in some instances you bring up. Like I stated months ago, part of the resistance is the fact that it's a mandate, some people really don't think the government can tell them what to do with their own body, at least if it isn't a law. Also if you want to call the Emancipation Proclamation a mandate, it was made law by the 13th amendment.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    I guess my point is that every job....every part of our lives...have mandates, and I feel like we (antivaxxers) only have a problem with THIS mandate THIS time because THIS president gave it. Had Trump given it, which he 100 percent would have had he been reelected, all the sheep would have lined up with their arms out (my pure speculation).

My other point is that mandates exist everywhere. The very first unfunded federal mandate was the emancipation proclamation. I think we all agree that's a good one.

You are mandated to have car insurance. Stop at stop signs. Your job has mandates too. In mine for me. I'm not allowed to smoke weed. I have to get vaccinated to keep my job. I have to have good credit and swear allegiance to the United States. Those are my mandates.

You know what I say to the federal civil servants (34 of them) who work directly for me? I told them: "It's a requirement. If you don't do it, you can't work here. I hope you'll get the sho and I hope you stay, but if you don't, you will go."

It's not the end of the world. They all got the shot.

Isn't all those work mandates things you can't do or consume? A little different when someone tells you you have to consume something to keep your job. Especially when all those nurses worked covid patients for a year and a half without it.

Kids have to take vaccines to go to kindergarten.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ones that work. Not ones that just reduce symptoms but still allow you to spread the virus.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

@d_blades said:
    Actually Frank, if Trump had ordered it, I think a whole lot more people would be opposed.

I agree. The other side would have been opposed, maybe. More proof that this is a political argument not a fundamental one.

You are also mixing mandates with laws in some instances you bring up. Like I stated months ago, part of the resistance is the fact that it's a mandate, some people really don't think the government can tell them what to do with their own body, at least if it isn't a law. Also if you want to call the Emancipation Proclamation a mandate, it was made law by the 13th amendment.

Very fine and inconsequential lines, my friend. Our whole legal system is based on precedent, where a guy appointed by a guy decides via trial decision on something that every other ruling thereafter is based. Legal abortion is the perfect example. Miranda, separate but equal, citizen's united, and a million others are continuing examples. We didn't have 36 states ratify a woman's right to have an abortion. 3/5 of The Senate didn't pass a law saying they could. Nine judges got together and decided.

An EO is a binding policy, and so are the rules made by bureaucratic agencies like the FAA, FTC, and FDA, which may be the worst of all. All laws are mandates and by association, all federal mandates are, in effect, public law

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

An EO is only binding policy for the executive branch lets not forget. Congress shall not be mandated. And since congress is elected by the people, for the people, to represent the people, I am also exempt 🤷‍♂️

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

I forgot the president wasn't elected by the people lol.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know several families with school-aged kids who are not required to be vaccinated. I honestly do not know the requirements for the NC School system, but it doesn't matter if they are home-schooled.
    I also know several people who have chosen to not get vaccinated. Some have caught Covid and recovered. Some have remained perfectly healthy. My issue is that the "unvaccinated" are being blamed for making a choice. Those who are vaccinated can still catch and spread the virus, but they potentially won't have as severe a case if they do catch it.
    There are plenty of people who ignore government warning and medical advise. The reality is that the vaccine falls into the same category of making choices based on your own review of the information available.
    And no, I am not anti-vaccine...

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONFoKqxCbA

Covers the Muslim stance from some Muslim leaders.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

That guy is a bigger piece of **** than me, and that’s a very difficult achievement. The network has a hard enough time trying to get people to watch him, let alone you.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

I feel the same way about Joe Rogan and people seem to love him.

Not surprised ^^^

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Oh stop Nick. I absentee voted in 4 elections and the world didn't end. You're upset with the result more than the process. In 20 years, people will be voting over the internet. Buck up, buttercup, the world is a changin', even if you don't like it...don't be a voteflake

Ahh, it was a joke Francis. Settle down.

-- Winston Churchill

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    some people really don't think the government can tell them what to do with their own body, at least if it isn't a law.

Lots of middle aged men telling women what they can and can’t do with their body tho no?

@Vision said:

@d_blades said:
    some people really don't think the government can tell them what to do with their own body, at least if it isn't a law.

Lots of middle aged men telling women what they can and can’t do with their body tho no?

I tell my wife every day what she can and can't do, what of it 😏

-- Winston Churchill

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@d_blades said:

If it was their body, then they'd be the one who ends up dead, not the unborn child.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited October 2021

@peter4jc said:

@Vision said:

@d_blades said:

If it was their body, then they'd be the one who ends up dead, not the unborn child.

So you support full term even if the baby can’t survive, rape and incest?

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@peter4jc said:

@Vision said:

@d_blades said:

I do. You can never be 100% sure if the baby will not survive and it’s not the fault of the baby if rape or incest was involved.

@genareddog said:

@Vision said:

@peter4jc said:

@Vision said:

@d_blades said:

I do. You can never be 100% sure if the baby will not survive and it’s not the fault of the baby if rape or incest was involved.

A man of conviction. My like.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Stay on target...." this is the 'rona thread.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Free Tibet!

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

save the whales!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

nuke the whales!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

. Hospitals are run by doctors. > ...

I wish this was still true, but, in the 80's and 90's some fools convinced Congress that having doctors run hospitals was a "conflict of interest", and screeched that many of the doctors who were running hospitals were raping their communities by giving themselves salaries as high as one or two hundred thousand dollars a year.

So, to remedy this horrible situation, laws were passed. And then, business majors began running hospitals, and giving themselves salaries in the tens of millions of dollars, and bonuses to match. Which they were able to pay for by robbing hospital workers of their pensions, and firing the majority of the people who actually did anything for the patient.

And, here we are.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with Frank, but only because he's right.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Media and Government ^^^

-- Winston Churchill

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see why the media profits from shaking the jar but isn't it counterproductive for the gov't to do so? Divide and conquer? Well, we are politically pretty divided now and I don't see a lot of happiness about it.