Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:
    83% effective against hospitalization, $530/course ofn treatment.

he F.D.A. cleared Pfizer’s Covid pill, the first of its kind, for high-risk patients 12 and over. It was found to defend against severe illness.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2021 12:30 PM EST

The drug, developed by Pfizer and known as Paxlovid, is authorized for Covid patients age 12 and over who are vulnerable to becoming severely ill because they are older or have medical conditions such as obesity or diabetes.

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2R11T5

"Dr Walter explained that PF-07321332 is a “direct acting antiviral drug”, while ivermectin “has multiple mechanisms of action on animal and human cells as well as some serendipitous antiviral activity”.

This means ivermectin likely has a range of “off-target effects on animal/human proteins,” Dr Walter said, adding: “We know it has multiple mechanisms of action and some of these actions could have unwanted, even dangerous side effects.

“What Pfizer have done is create a drug with a single job - stop the SARS-CoV-2 protease."

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

he F.D.A. cleared Pfizer’s Covid pill, the first of its kind, for high-risk patients 12 and over. It was found to defend against severe illness.

The drug, developed by Pfizer and known as Paxlovid, is authorized for Covid patients age 12 and over who are vulnerable to becoming severely ill because they are older or have medical conditions such as obesity or diabetes.

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

"Dr Walter explained that PF-07321332 is a “direct acting antiviral drug”, while ivermectin “has multiple mechanisms of action on animal and human cells as well as some serendipitous antiviral activity”.

This means ivermectin likely has a range of “off-target effects on animal/human proteins,” Dr Walter said, adding: “We know it has multiple mechanisms of action and some of these actions could have unwanted, even dangerous side effects.

“What Pfizer have done is create a drug with a single job - stop the SARS-CoV-2 protease."

You need to stop all this factual jargon….. 🙃

@Vision said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

You need to stop all this factual jargon….. 🙃

I mean, if C23 H32 F3 N5 O4 is the same as C48 H74 O14, then they're the same.of course, I'm sure that Merck wouldn't mind if Pfizer stole their intellectual property and got it approved by the FDA to make billions....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

What Pfizer have done is create a drug with a single job - stop the SARS-CoV-2 protease."

Based off Ivermectin

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

What Pfizer have done is create a drug with a single job - stop the SARS-CoV-2 protease."

Based off Ivermectin

You see the chemical compositions I posted above? Not even close. If you look at the 3D models of each, they are even more different than their compositions.

Of course, they're also from 2 different companies, so there's that.

But if you mean that one was a pill and the other company said, "we should make a pill for this" then I guess you got me.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this pill is basically Ivermectin or not, but what I do know is that somebody, somewhere, really wants to make a profit producing it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

Based off Ivermectin

So, we separated one pellet from the buckshot, the one that kills only the target?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

AKA.. Ivermectin

Except it's not

Probably no more effective than their "vaccine".

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I take Vit. D3, K2, and occasionally zinc for immune system support.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I take Vit. D3, K2, and occasionally zinc for immune system support.

And Quercitin and NAC.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@skydiverD said:
    Almost completely back to normal now. Just a small cough left. Sense of taste and smell are back. Wife and daughter doing well also. My older son got it about 4 days ago. Guess him coming to see us for Xmas was a bad idea. But he’s dealing with it well. Prettty soon this will all be gone. Here’s to starting out 2022 with natural immunity!

How long were you without senses?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@skydiverD said:
    Almost completely back to normal now. Just a small cough left. Sense of taste and smell are back. Wife and daughter doing well also. My older son got it about 4 days ago. Guess him coming to see us for Xmas was a bad idea. But he’s dealing with it well. Prettty soon this will all be gone. Here’s to starting out 2022 with natural immunity!

How long were you without senses?

This I think has been the worst symptom.

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Well, my youngest son is developing symptoms today. He was the last soldier to fall. 5 people in this house with varying stages of covid. We should have the house fumigated after this. :D Glad they all got it here at home instead of at college where we couldn't be around if needed. Of course they all got it from me traveling to a trade show in Nashville ... DOH! :#

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems there is some good news!
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/risk-of-icu-admission-or-death-from-omicron-83-lower-than-delta-study

However, in light of what this article has to say, I find it peculiar that the Mayo Clinic Health System is ready to lay-off 700 employees and Allina Clinic has laid-off 53 of their employees already. Odd thing to do when they are already understaffed...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all about the money. They will lay off a bunch and then cry to the government that they need more money to hire back their employees. Due to covid, of course.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    It's all about the money. They will lay off a bunch and then cry to the government that they need more money to hire back their employees. Due to covid, of course.

As our own @webmost says, eggs ackley.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/military-documents-about-gain-of-function-contradict-fauci-testimony-under/

The goal was to reduce spillover by delivering these vaccines aerosolized into bat caves. To accomplish this, they would manipulate viruses collected in the Wuhan lab to make them infectious to humans and then weaken them to inoculate bats. DARPA had concerns about the safety of this research and denied the application. Eventually, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s division of the NIH funded the team’s work.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

what make me wonder about this is why didn't China come out and report this since it was being attacked for causing the epidemic? I would think they would have presented this information.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    what make me wonder about this is why didn't China come out and report this since it was being attacked for causing the epidemic? I would think they would have presented this information.

Speculating about motive proves what?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Project Veritas

U.S. Marine Corp Major Joseph Murphy's Report to Inspector General of DoD

https://assets.ctfassets.net/syq3snmxclc9/2mVob3c1aDd8CNvVnyei6n/95af7dbfd2958d4c2b8494048b4889b5/JAG_Docs_pt1_Og_WATERMARK_OVER_Redacted.pdf

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

My kids understand that every human makes mistakes, and that the only thing they are ever actively punished for is lying. Every single one of these documents screams good intentions. but as we all know, good intentions can easily backfire. I hope they throw the book at everyone responsible. I have they hold them personally responsible, and that every death gets a seperate manslaughter charge.

As I said over a year back. If they had said "We screwed up, here's how to fix it." they would have my full support and good will. Intentionally pushing prevention and treatment options that they know will not work just so they don't look like they know to much should absolutely be held as a crime against humanity.

Also might I add, it is absolutely appaling how little they were paying these bio-engineer teams. Their requested total personell budget was damn near my personal salary, and I'm an uneducated schlubb.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

If China admitted this leaked from their lab it would bankrupt the country from the millions of lawsuits. Each death is a wrongful death lawsuit.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it incompetence or population control?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

If China admitted this leaked from their lab it would bankrupt the country from the millions of lawsuits. Each death is a wrongful death lawsuit.

Wait.... like Americans going to China to sue their government?