Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/frustrated-pharmacists-are-opting-insurance-system-saving-customers-hu-rcna36706

“At first I thought, ‘How do they do this?” Kitchen said. “But it turns out, if I go through my insurance, it’s going to be a higher cost for me.”

Freedom Pharmacy is one of a small but growing number of “cash” or “self-pay” pharmacies, sometimes able to save customers hundreds of dollars on a single medication. As patients struggle with rising prescription drug prices and insurance deductibles, everyone from members of Congress to entrepreneurs like Mark Cuban and small-business owners like Hux are trying to lower drug costs. By opting out of the insurance system altogether, Hux and other cash pharmacy owners are able to avoid many of the fees and rules that inflate medication prices. Consumers say they are reaping the benefits.

@Rdp77 said:
    I have ran into this before. I had to get a medication for my son, the price to me was going to be $147 and change. I asked them if they ran my insurance and they told me yes. So I jokingly asked, “well damn, how much is it without insurance?”. They told me $23 but couldn’t explain why. I told them I no longer have insurance and paid $23.

I am part of a medical study to authorize use of what's called the Watchman implant. Study protocol requires daily aspirin, 52mg. CVS pharmacist advised me to buy it off the counter. I forget the money diff. So, yeah, it happens.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    ^^7 more of those and you'll have something to eat ^^

10 or 12

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Needs a fridge and a toilet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should charge their parents

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

They must have been watching footage of riots from the last few years. Probably figured they'd
    just do what the adults were doing.

I'm being a bit facetious, I know.

Truth be told I've worked with kids that would do similar things. They typically came from some pretty rough home lives.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been there myself. I was unsupervised and basically raised myself since age 9. But if I ended up with something like an antique bike you can bet somebody was asking questions. But you’re probably right. In the age of people letting the internet do their babysitting they probably learned the lack of respect from watching that sort of thing instead of being taught respect.

Nothing a little juvenile detention won't help.

On a lighter note, my youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow. He is very excited about it and has been counting down the last 150 days until he could start school. He's a smart boy with lots of spirit and an up-front way about him. I worry that with the mamby-pamby way his teacher speaks to him, he might not listen as well. He is used to being spoken to in a direct, matter-of-fact way. Anyway, best to not borrow trouble from tomorrow.

8-11 years old, mindless holy terrors age, lots of life ahead of them.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great news. California wants to make Kindergarten mandatory again. It seems to be a good predictor for later life success.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Onr of the towns in my area is trying to reestablish corporal punishment.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Just sent my youngest off to school for the first time. A bitter sweet moment, as it is rewarding to see him grow, but also sad that our days alone together are largely gone. I can't help but feel I took too many of them for granted.

Yet California is still pushing electric cars on its subjects.