Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m actually surprised to not see Fuente on that list.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

2nd from the top, look again

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited September 2022

@ShawnOL said:
    Just got an email from ccom offering 10% off site-wide. The fine print said exclusions apply. This is the list of brands that are excluded.

That's a hefty list. Wouldn't it have been easier to just list the few brands NOT excluded?

and THAT ^^^ is why I don't pay any attention to those 10% off "offers" anymore. What good is 10% off, if nothing that it applies to is anything I want?

I do see that Gurkha's will still be available for discount. :D:D:D

I guess we should tell @peter4jc , I'm sure he's always in the market for a Gurkha discount.

Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 10% discount isn't even worth looking at. They have to try harder than that to get my $$$.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Oh, not enough? Well, better luck next time.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rdp77 said:

2nd from the top, look again

I always forget the Arturo part 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tats and olivas!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do I have more bad luck on a Thursday the 13th than a Friday the 13th?

And an even more compelling question; what's the difference between this thread and the Thought Pool thread?

And yet one more... can you imagine yourself involved in such inane inquiries in your golden years?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's funny that @Yakster still has @Bob_Luken as his profile picture

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it beheaded and not deheaded?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Who was the first to say, in the slag context, “Does the carpet match the drapes?”

• Options

Lavender scented sardines! That's the ticket. We'll make MILLIONS!!

maybe

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read this "Efeithal" - eff it all.

Thought that was pretty clever, then just realized that I can't read

• Options

I wonder how they judge a tie in a horse race when two horses cross the finish line nose and nose. Do they then look at the position of the horse's front feet?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

It becomes a dead heat and is judged to be a tie.

An extremely rare photo finish triple dead heat, recorded in a 1953 harness race at New Jersey's Freehold Raceway

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Do they split the prize money, Chris? Do they gather an asterisk * in their record book?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

The prize money is split by the number of horses tied in the dead heat, according to Google results. I don't know about the record book entries.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Interesting, thanks, Chris.

• Options

When we make pizza, wouldn't putting the cheese directly on the crust keep it from sliding off, burning your chin?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

@ShawnOL said:
    When we make pizza, wouldn't putting the cheese directly on the crust keep it from sliding off, burning your chin?

So put the cheese, then sauce, then pepperoni?

@VegasFrank Frank, you still add your pineapple last. 🤣🤣

Post edited by 0patience on
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@ShawnOL said:

So put the cheese, then sauce, then pepperoni?

@VegasFrank Frank, you still add your pineapple last. 🤣🤣

Pineapple + pizza ≠ food

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's salt, fresh garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes, Jalapeño chili, with sausage followed by mushrooms, oil cured olives, onion, then parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. In that order. Sometimes anchovies.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    It's salt, fresh garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes, Jalapeño chili, with sausage followed by mushrooms, oil cured olives, onion, then parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. In that order. Sometimes anchovies.

You had me until the anchovies.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only sometimes.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:

I’ve always wanted to try it with anchovies but haven’t been brave enough