Home General Discussion
Options

U Suck Postal Slobs

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Hope it works out for you, Shawn. I've starting shipping 1st class mail using PirateShip because it seems to be delivered just as fast and sometimes faster than Priority Mail seems to be delivered these days.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked tracking on my package that had the processing exception and it's now in my town and still on schedule for Friday delivery. Apparently nothing to worry about.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Postal translation - shipping exception = you haven’t received it yet.:. 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Placed an order with CCOM on 4/30, also one with Smokingpipes. If you follow the pipe threads you've seen what I ordered from Smokingpipes, however the CCOM order which reads as "shipped" since 5/2 still seems to be unfound by the USPS. "Label created, not yet in system", according to tracking. CCOM says it's left them.

Frustrating. If they ever do find it I suppose it will require a sabbatical in Memphis, although, the SP order had to go through Memphis, too. WTF happens to these things? Is Rod Serling playing with my cigars in some void somewhere in the Twilight Zone? Is some Pennsylvania Postal Worker sitting on my box of cigars so he can see over the dashboard?

The mind boggles.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

That neck of the woods is notoriously slow to clear.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m guessing ccom still has it. They create their own labels so when they do it will show label created. The USPS scans it as soon as they bring it in to put it in their system. I’ve called out several companies for doing this. They create a label so they can claim it is shipped;however, they don’t actually ship it for several days.

• Options

Showed up in Memphis, no track history between label created and arrival in Memphis. Hopefully won't linger there too long, as they are so often wont to do.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends who you're voting for. If you vote dem, it'll show up three times.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Shipped may 31, made it to within 80 miles from me and then nothing for a week, just filed a search request, I have had good luck until now:
    Status
    Missing Mail Search Request Initiated, Missing Mail Search Request ID MRC 22 1461 3758
    June 17, 2022 at 5:48 am

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears I once again have a shipment lost somewhere between UPS and USPS. in the Kansas City area. Last time it was stuck for over two weeks.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I hope it shakes loose soon, David. Seems KC, The Heart of America, needs a bypass.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

UPS is no better. I ordered cigars and stupidly had it shipped to my home address. When using the ups tracking number I select "change shipment" to send to a different address and get put in a never ending loop to sign up for ups blah blah blah. It never allows me to log in and change the address. It's very frustrating that national companies, as well as government agencies, have malfunctioning websites and never fix them so they work as advertised.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

On top of that, even if you got the site to cooperate, they'll charge you to change the shipment.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@IndustMech said:
    Got coffee today that @peter4jc roasted 48 hours ago

If you're happy, I'm happy.

• Options

Good to see that Dejoy is reining in costs and making USPS more efficient.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, and the price of a small flat rate raised again to $10.40.

• Options

Pirate Ship is still $8.10.

• Options

Not a cigar story, but, I ordered a part for my RV last Wednesday morning and was happy to learn that it shipped that same day from London KY. It arrived in Memphis TN at 0434 Thursday morning, scheduled to arrive at my house Friday afternoon. Perhaps we'd be able to go somewhere this very weekend!

Of course, Memphis postal workers had other ideas.

My part is now vacationing in Baton Rouge Louisiana. That's five hours travel in the polar opposite direction from the direction it should have been headed in.

You have to admit, they're consistent.

Never expect a package to make it through Memphis unmolested.

• Options

Mine's back in Memphis, the magic 8 ball of distribution centers.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Mine's back in Memphis, the magic 8 ball of distribution centers.

Wait till it gets to KC...

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Finally arrived about 5 this evening. Hard to make plans like that, but, they've done worse in the past.

• Options
    edited October 2022

• Options

Just to be fair, UPS is no better. According to their tracking my package is on the truck and being delivered to my house today. I was mowing leaves about 4:50 p.m. when I saw the UPS truck come flying down the road. I stopped the mower and raised my hand, started to get off the mower, watched as the truck sailed on down the road, never even slowed down.

Sigh.

:(