12:00 P.M. Shipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations
    Columbia, MO, United States
    11/05/2022
    4:50 A.M. Package received for processing
    Kansas City, MO, United States
    11/05/2022
    12:00 A.M. Shipment tendered to UPS Mail Innovations
    Columbia, MO, United States

Another great example of UPS/USPS processing, I only live about a little over 100 miles from Columbia. Either that or they are showing a mix of shipments under one shipping number.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Memphis has cousins. Looks like a tennis match. Surely they'll send it to Baton Rouge soon, that's on the way to Arkansas, isn't it?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've got some tobacco that took a quick trip out to Rhode Island for the weekend before returning back to MA before they even start to think about sending it West.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

OK, credit where credit is due: My recent CCOM purchase was not due to arrive until tomorrow, so naturally I figured I had about 10 days to wait, and it got here TODAY!

Wonders never cease.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

BTW, any newcomers reading this thread might want to post their hopes on Fed Ex.

Don't.

Not really any different. I ordered a pair of boots coming out of WI. Fed Ex believes Tennessee to be somewhere south of Mississippi, so they always send my stuff to MS 1st. From there it's sent to Memphis, where they wonder why something from WI is going north, so they automatically send it back to Mississippi. How many times this will happen is anybody's guess.

So, my boots which were scheduled to arrive yesterday, re-scheduled to today, now re-scheduled to next Monday.

SSDD

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mailman left my boxes at the very edge of my front porch, placed in the snow with snow still falling. All he had to do to place them on no snow and out of falling snow was to walk up three steps and then travel a few more steps in a straight line. Instead, now I have wet boxes.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little something at Christmas goes a long way.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ With the turnover rate my post office has, I doubt it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to UPS, I've had a package 30 miles away, waiting for USPS pick up for 5 days.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ups drops sure post packages off at our local p.o. rather than waiting for USPS to pick them up. This time of year all shipping is jammed up and USPS probably has put surepost on the low priority list.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS….you’re drunk again 🙄

No one's posted here for awhile, USPS must be getting it right.

NOT!!

Placed an order here on Feb 28, supposedly shipped March 1st, USPS tracking shows that they haven't found it yet, (today's the 7th), CCOM says it's gone from there.

Often, when the tracking continues to say "label created", in a day or two someone somewhere in the mighty USPS will scan the package and I'll have some notion of where my money has gone.

A week out and the USPS's answer is still "Package? What package?"

:(

Usually if it says label created…they made a shipping label and haven’t taken it to the post office yet. When they take it into the post office it’s immediately scanned before they do anything else. Sounds to me like ccom is yankin your chain

@silvermouse said:
    ccom shares some of the blame...none or little padding, cheapest shipping, no humidification pkts, orders take about a week from Pennsylvania SB is at the other end of the spectrum, wraps stuff well, always includes a boveda, and ships priority mail, their orders arrive in 2 days in great shape from California. Just saying ccom has room for improvement.

Hmm. Just did some adding, seems I've spent $6,803.60 in the last years time at ccom.

You'd think they'd want to keep me as a customer. If I don't hear something pretty soon, I guess SB would like that money just as well.

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:
    ccom shares some of the blame...none or little padding, cheapest shipping, no humidification pkts, orders take about a week from Pennsylvania SB is at the other end of the spectrum, wraps stuff well, always includes a boveda, and ships priority mail, their orders arrive in 2 days in great shape from California. Just saying ccom has room for improvement.

Hmm. Just did some adding, seems I've spent $6,803.60 in the last years time at ccom.

You'd think they'd want to keep me as a customer. If I don't hear something pretty soon, I guess SB would like that money just as well.

I had done business with them off and on for years. When they changed things and started this elite bullshít customer service went to pot. The account managers I’ve dealt with had no desire to retain any business through service or to even do their job as far as my experience.

@Rdp77 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:

I had done business with them off and on for years. When they changed things and started this elite bullshít customer service went to pot. The account managers I’ve dealt with had no desire to retain any business through service or to even do their job as far as my experience.

Yeah, once upon a time Timb was my mgr. I called and told him that a Gurkha Centurion I'd bought tunneled so bad as to be unsmokeable, that I'd return the 3/4 of it that was left. He just said "Nah", and sent me another one, then the next month he sent me a new cigar to try out, the then new Oliva V. He later turned me over to AndyD, I called Andy and said I was looking for a box of a particular size of Partagas that wasn't listed, he just said "no problem, I'll get you a box, x dollars", 4 days later I had my box.

I tend to be a very loyal kind of person. I don't cheat on my woman, if we're friends and the schit goes down for you we're going down together. Things like that. I try to be patient, Faye says I have no talent for it, but I do try. So, by tomorrow it'll be 8 days since time of purchase, and I really think that it's the Post Office that's the problem, but the shipper has to be the one complaining. 9 days should be enough to start an inquiry if there's nothing on the tracking by tomorrow.

You should hop in your car, drive up there, and pound your fist on their shipping dept. desk until they give you satisfaction. That'd learn 'em. Show 'em how an old fart gets results, dadgummit!

In today's news, USPS tracking system is down.

I saw that too, Steve, and instantly blamed you. There's a cover-up going on - they lost your package and they're afraid to admit it so they shut down the whole tracking system. Who says old farts don't have clout?

@peter4jc said:
    I saw that too, Steve, and instantly blamed you. There's a cover-up going on - they lost your package and they're afraid to admit it so they shut down the whole tracking system. Who says old farts don't have clout?

Must be all my posts in support of the 2nd amendment.

Lol

I have to say, this is different. Usually it's 2 - 5 days from PA to Memphis before the fun begins. 12 hours to 12 days in Memphis and then it's anybody's guess where they'll send it. Baton Rouge is a popular destination in the wrong direction, St. Louis its a possibility, or somewhere in Arkansas before wherever it went returns it to Memphis. Once returned to Memphis they'll meditate on it for awhile and eventually send it to my town.

But, during all those excursions, I at least know for sure that it left the warehouse and is just wandering through the postal system in their own delightful version of the shell game. This time, nobody knows. For sure I don't have it, the Post Office says they don't have it, CCOM says they don't have it. I'm expecting a PM from Rod Serling any time now.

Call Ccom and tell them you want an immediate refund. I’m guessing it will show up.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a package, lost at the UPS to USPS hand-off in KC for 12 days. Eventually the post office located it, good luck.

Just spoke with a nice young woman at CCOM, (yes, I'm a biologist) who will be sending out a replacement today. Now we'll see if UPS can get it here.