Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the deal with the number of guests on tonite? Earlier there were 4 members and >340 guests. Now 8 members and >170 guests. Bots?

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I was talking to a coworker and was describing someone else, and I said "They're not the brightest tool in the shed." I will never recover, I think I need to get a new job now, and I probably need to move to a different part of the country.

No big deal, play that **** off like you meant to say it that way. Think I may even use that one.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I got called on it in the moment and owned up to messing it up, so it's too late to play it off. Seppuku time.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no tolls from the herf, Illinois really has their shīt figured out

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wiped out after only an hour of not too strenuous yard work, so looking forward to getting off the meds.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Wiped out after only an hour of not too strenuous yard work, so looking forward to getting off the meds.

I hope you can get off of them sooner rather than later, Edward.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Sitting outside finishing my cigar on a perfectly comfortable (not raining) evening watching the swallows and fireflies. Next up a bowl of ice cream topped with fresh strawberries. Feeling grateful. It's the little things that are so huge.

Enjoy, Edward.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

I thought I was losing it when i looked over and saw a dragonfly hovering without moving its wings.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    I thought I was losing it when i looked over and saw a dragonfly hovering without moving its wings.

Looks like something's lunch.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are dragonflies the most effective predator?

While hunting prey, dragonflies have a catch rate of 95%, higher than any other animal observed.

This one looks like prey.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

The meaning of life in a dragonfly lesson. What goes around, comes around.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this for Patrick

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Why would someone need gps to run?? This world has gone to shít.

To track mileage. I use an app when I ride my bike and it's also effective to make me realize it's been a while and I need to get out again.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@Rdp77 said:

To track mileage. I use an app when I ride my bike and it's also effective to make me realize it's been a while and I need to get out again.

@CharlieHeis said:

@Rdp77 said:

I guess that makes sense. I was thinking a simple pedometer or looking at a map would tell you distance. My mind immediately went to people going for a walk and getting lost without a gps 😂

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

👆Very true!

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get my first infusion today

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

Get my first infusion today

Of what?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?