Comments

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

@Usaf06 said:
    These 2 potatoes should be spoon fed applesauce in a nursing home, not running a country.

Another one for your geriatric collection, Nick.

BREAKING NEWS

Nancy Pelosi announced that she would seek re-election in the House, ending months of speculation about her future.
    Friday, September 8, 2023 12:37 PM ET

Since stepping down as speaker of the House last year, Ms. Pelosi, 83, has relished her lower profile as a rank-and-file member, offering advice on an as-needed basis to her party’s new leadership.

she's made 198k a year for over 30 years but is worth 290 million. I wouldn't quit either.

And how did she "earn" all that money?

Ask Martha Stewart.

I think her husband sells hammers or something like that.

She sells a hammer and sickle

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Biden is giving Iran, 6 BILLION, plus releasing 5 probable terrorist in a prisoner release. He says it good for security. :/

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^My WTF, because WTF?^^

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I have to wonder, how many qualified teachers could be hired for 6 billion $?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is Iranian money the US impounded as part of a sanctions package.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Money they'll spend developing nukes.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Money they'll spend developing nukes.

Allegedly it's to be held in a bank in Qatar and only used for things like food and medical. But..... but then they can just spend 6 billion of their money on terrorism and shift the 6 billion we returned around.

• Options
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pros... too long to list
    Cons... none

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Con: not really knowing what you're getting with a new guy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

^^ :D:D:D ^^

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

At first glance, I gave that an awesome. Then I realized the elephant's sign doesn't accurately represent the Republican stance on firearms.

But there is some truth in it, in that both sides agree on the caption.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited September 2023

@peter4jc said:
    At first glance, I gave that an awesome. Then I realized the elephant's sign doesn't accurately represent the Republican stance on firearms.

But there is some truth in it, in that both sides agree on the caption.

True. I gave it an awesome because of how hard I laughed, wasn't expecting accurate representation on complex issues.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daycare bill just jumped from 36 to 45 per day...atleast there's only 1 left in daycare

• Options

@silvermouse said:

quoting, because I can't hit insightful AND awesome, which it is.

• Options

Scanned the news this morning, looking for information on the "debate", which I didn't watch. As I expected, only the insiders are reported on, and the focus remains on revolving around The Donald.

Seems bizarre to me that the media, the 4th estate, is doing its dead level best to completely ignore the only potential candidate on that stage presenting fresh and innovative ideas for moving the country forward instead of orbiting the Orange Star. I'm talking about Doug Burgum, of course.

Why?

I suppose that @silvermouse 's post above explains it all.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Expand it to, "To hold the rich and powerful and intelligence agencies accountable." and I'll like it even more.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Do you see anyone out there with the potential to be that unifying figure?

Arnold Schwarzenegger:
    No. Someone has to come forward and talk about rebuilding the country in a great way and about the things that are really important rather than, “Should we have a bathroom for trans people?” All the little battles just hold us up.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/10/01/magazine/arnold-schwarzenegger-interview.html

• Options

Don't shoot the messenger.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@silvermouse said:
    Don't shoot the messenger.

My all time favorite

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.