Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm liking what little I've seen from Doug Burgum, North Dakota governor. The media has already toxified DeSantis, some of the others are the kind of people we need in government, but maybe not as President.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@dirtdude said:
    Do you think we can get Lindsay, formerly known as @TheCigarChick to eliminate this thread before I say things that offend my friends. My own Mother is on the verge of disowning me, can we just stick to cigars? Thank you.

So, just to be clear, you're asking for oversight and censorship by authority because you're offended? Randy, you're the last person I expected to become a proponent of Democrat-style tyranny.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    That division is exactly what our government wants. There is a reason these things were not to be discussed in the past.

So true. I had no idea if my government teacher (or any teacher) was a conservative, liberal, or in the middle. Same thing with my dad. My grandpa cursed every politician.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Much of the media presentations are opinions masquerading as unbiased fact. As is much history. Here's a discussion about the origin of the quote “History is written by the victors.”, often attributed to Churchill

https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/history-is-written-by-the-victors-quote-origin.html

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@dirtdude said:
    Do you think we can get Lindsay, formerly known as @TheCigarChick to eliminate this thread before I say things that offend my friends. My own Mother is on the verge of disowning me, can we just stick to cigars? Thank you.

So, just to be clear, you're asking for oversight and censorship by authority because you're offended? Randy, you're the last person I expected to become a proponent of Democrat-style tyranny.

Dammit Steve, it's not because I'm offended but because I will offend others, an unfiltered Randy is not something the world should be subjected to.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Limits on age and terms.

X100000000000

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

We aren't complaining in Arizona, we have a desert full of coyotes that will clean up the problem.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited September 2023

@First_Warrior said:
    I'm more concerned with the spies, sleeper agents and saboteurs that our true enemies, North Korea, China, Russia, Iran, and Isis are sending across our borders.

You are absolutely right Rodger, the media paints it as these poor economic migrants bs but the reality is we have no idea who these folks are that are rolling across our border.
    Edit: here's dumbass unfiltered Randy going off. I worked on that border wall, I've seen the makeshift ladders these folks build to climb up the wall and monitor the cameras so they know when they can send people across.Our border patrol have their hands tied while the cartels are flooding our country with fentanyl that is the leading cause of death of the under 40 age group. I lost my son to that a few years ago which makes it a little bit personal to me but our government needs to wake the fvck up and start taking care of business.
    Unfiltered Randy out.
    Those 80,000 new IRS agents will be knocking on my door by morning but I don't give a Rusty rats ass.

Post edited by dirtdude on
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited September 2023

I can't help but think that a few well placed Browning M-2 50 caliber machine guns would be an effective deterrent, but, the lawyers man, the lawyers.

WAIT!! What if we shoot the lawyers FIRST?

Well, we'll see.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I can't help but think that a few well placed Browning M-2 50 caliber machine guns would be an effective deterrent, but, the lawyers man, the lawyers.

WAIT!! What if we shoot the lawyers FIRST?

Well, we'll see.

What the hell are we going to do with you Steve, absolute renegade. Reminds me of a joke, what do you call 50,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.....a good start.

I apologize to our lawyer friends out there, except those 88000 IRS dudes.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

I don't think we have enough applesauce to go around.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

@Usaf06 said:
    These 2 potatoes should be spoon fed applesauce in a nursing home, not running a country.

Another one for your geriatric collection, Nick.

BREAKING NEWS

Nancy Pelosi announced that she would seek re-election in the House, ending months of speculation about her future.
    Friday, September 8, 2023 12:37 PM ET

Since stepping down as speaker of the House last year, Ms. Pelosi, 83, has relished her lower profile as a rank-and-file member, offering advice on an as-needed basis to her party’s new leadership.

she's made 198k a year for over 30 years but is worth 290 million. I wouldn't quit either.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    "No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute,"- New Mexico Governor

Its mental sickness. These people think we serve them. The sooner we stop dividing ourselves the sooner we get this sickness eradicated.

Amen!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Mexicos gov must be a (D)bag.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

@Usaf06 said:
    These 2 potatoes should be spoon fed applesauce in a nursing home, not running a country.

Another one for your geriatric collection, Nick.

BREAKING NEWS

Nancy Pelosi announced that she would seek re-election in the House, ending months of speculation about her future.
    Friday, September 8, 2023 12:37 PM ET

Since stepping down as speaker of the House last year, Ms. Pelosi, 83, has relished her lower profile as a rank-and-file member, offering advice on an as-needed basis to her party’s new leadership.

she's made 198k a year for over 30 years but is worth 290 million. I wouldn't quit either.

And how did she "earn" all that money?

Ask Martha Stewart.