Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here and I have to admit, I've miss you guys! Been kind of crazy lately with work, and looking for a second job due to everyone at the dept. I work for taking a pay cut... But things are going well and my family is doing great. I'll do my best to be back on here more and try to catch up on things a bit! Will probably dig something out of the humidor today so I'll be posting again in a little bit!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Cask Strength....
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Has a Sosa Family Cigar. My wife picked me up a few for Fathers Day while she was in Downtown Disney. They rolled three for her. She took some picks of it. She bought me the connie wrapper which is my least favorite but I do enjoy them here and there. I went to cut it and the cigar was very soft, it sqeezed the head vs cutting it. I know that these need some time but she kept asking if I have had one because she thought it was a cool gift, which it was. I enjoyed this and it had great smooth flavors but I won't be touching the other two until next fall. I also had a 5 Vegas A and haven't decided what I want tonight, probably a Man O War or Padilla 1968 Golden Bear. We shall see.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Just finished a Liga Privada no 9
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    just enjoyed a La Gloria Cubana robusto on a walk, such a beautiful night should not be wasted
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    El Triunfador #4
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Oliva serie O Habano
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cholmes8310:
    What did you think of it? I have only had one, aquired recently in a trade and I was disapointed. I think I may have had too high of expectations for this stick.
  • Options
    Had a 5 Vegas 2k8 ltd this evening...
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Enjoyed another cigar tonight, a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No. 4, probably my favorite vitola in this line.. I'll be getting a box of these as soon as I've got room and funds
  • Options
    Going out for my last stick tonight...I am having a Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios to put me to bed...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished a Padilla 1968 Golden Bear. Nothing like a 6 x 60 to finish the night.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    cholmes8310:
    What did you think of it? I have only had one, aquired recently in a trade and I was disapointed. I think I may have had too high of expectations for this stick.
    it was good, but nothing spectacular. Got spice, espresso, and what I'm calling a burnt caramel flavor. Pretty much same flavors throughout. Prelight was sweet, like maple syrup. I enjoyed it, but it got a little bitter and went out in the final third. Like I said, it was good, but not quite worth the $10 pricetag. This was the first and only one I've smoked as well though. I would smoke another to see how it compares.
  • Options
    CAO Brazilia earlier today after work
  • Options
    Started the day off with a MOW...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Thursday night I had three smokes. I started with an Opus X #2. This thing of course was strong as hell and I have 5 more to age. They hurt me like no other cigar! Next was a a Relic from the cotm club six months ago. It had a nice flavor and burned pretty well. My final cigar for that night was a Gurkha Royal Brigade. It was tasty but got pretty strong near the end. The flavor profile completely changed.
  • Options
    Had a good breakfast then my first Oliva V Series, excellent cigar. good burn, lots of smoke, I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    I'm going to try my first CAO America tonight
  • Options
    Had a Padilla Dominus...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Had my first cain today and the straight ligero straight kicked my ass. Only the second time i've had a cigar really just mess me up like that. Of course, like an idiot, i was baking in the sun in the pool dehydrated and drinking nothing but beer and on an empty stomach...recipe for disaster. Liked it though, at least until the end.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    La aurora cameroon must say this cigar is not bad at under 40 dollars a box
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Perdomo lot 23. Started out pretty harsh, then mellowed out. After the second third, I had to relight and got harsh again. Tasted really grassy throughout not very good for me. Won't buy another one.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Don Pepin Cuban Classic .... Not a Bad Smoke!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Luko:
    Had my first cain today and the straight ligero straight kicked my ass. Only the second time i've had a cigar really just mess me up like that. Of course, like an idiot, i was baking in the sun in the pool dehydrated and drinking nothing but beer and on an empty stomach...recipe for disaster. Liked it though, at least until the end.

ROTFLMAO!
  • Options
    Just had a Padilla Dominus after reading a review of it. Good smoke
  • Options
    Started with a Cugine, one of my favorite mild smokes that is still packed with flavor. Next I dug around until I came up with an Anejo which was fantastic as always, then capped the night off with a Cain Maduro! Great night of smoking! Saturday night all I had was a La Riqueza petite corona, and it was also a great smoke.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i started the day off with an Alec Bradley harvest 97 robusto this morning... fantastic value... perhaps after lunch i shall smoke my last Illusione ~2~
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Tried some new sticks (new to me).

• Frank's Way Belicoso – Great mild smoke!
    • Camancho Pre-Embargo – Did not live up to the hype.
    • Daimond Crown Maximuis – Tastiest wrapper ever! Loved it.

• Options
    Luko:
    Hey Luko, good to see ya around! And you're right, the Cain is a great smoke, but they will kick you in the junk if you aren't ready! I had a maduro last night to follow up an Anejo... Thank god I had a big dinner first!
  • Options
    Had a RPD this morning...