Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    5 year old Camacho Diploma, it was really awesome!
    those age very well in both the natural and maduro
    im jealous

last tow days:
    La Harencia Cubana
    it was ok.

RP TAA signature series
    better than most patels but not something im too excited about

CAO America
    nice little ball of chocolate.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Gurkha Evil and it was darn tasty.. not as potent as I would have thought but still damn good
    It's a step back from the Assassin, same everything except filler. It wasn't until my 3rd or 4th one that I really realized how great of a smoke it is.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Fourtotheflush:
    camgfs:
    The maduro is awsome, if you like maddys. It's one of my top ten cigars.

The Maduro of what?
    I was answering a post and forgot to quote, lol. The Maduro of the Perdomo Habano. Nice cigar.

Last night I had a LFD Legero. My second, and won't be my last.

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Partagas Serie D. No. 4

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Spent the weekend at a family reunion up in the blue ridge mountains. Smoked a Lot 23 the Friday night, and OpusX PL Saturday afternoon, and tonight when I got home I fired up a Kristoff Ligero courtesy of my brother j0z3r.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    an old favorite, DPG cuban classic.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Montecristo Media Noche with over a year on it courtesy of Stan, fantastic smoke and makes me want to age the others I have for that long.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    GoF Don Carlos robuusto 2006. very nice
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Rp1990 for the night. Decent smoke
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel on the way in this morning...
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Patel Bros. Torpedo yesterday at the local shop. I just want to thank everyone that's posted something about this being fantastic on the forums. It sounded too good to resist, and lived up to the hype. Definitely going to have to pick up some more of these.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Nub connie. I think I'm getting to where mild sticks don't do much for me anymore. All I got was a very light creamy wood (insert sex joke here)
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    wwhwang:
    Nub connie. I think I'm getting to where mild sticks don't do much for me anymore. All I got was a very light creamy wood (insert sex joke here)
    ... naw its too easy lol... I just got hired on as a temp rush worker at the SIUC University Bookstore so tonight, after dinner and once it cools down a bit, I think I'll smoke something to celebrate. Not sure what yet, but it'll be something satisfying
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    wwhwang:
    ... naw its too easy lol... I just got hired on as a temp rush worker at the SIUC University Bookstore so tonight, after dinner and once it cools down a bit, I think I'll smoke something to celebrate. Not sure what yet, but it'll be something satisfying
    Nice! Congrats on the temp job, man. I used to work in the Ole Miss university bookstore. Not a bad job. Kinda laid back.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    ok...was the wood creamy before or after you put it in your mouth? Big Smile [:D]

I think it is more palate development than mild cigars not doing it for you....at least it was that way with me. Early on any old cigar would do the trick, but as I came to appreciate the nuances and subtleties of a well balanced cigar, I also found that those cigars that were great once just didn't cut it for me anymore. There are a lot of great mild cigars, as is true with cigars of any strength level, the trick is sifting through the polished turds to find a gem.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    illinoisgolf99:
    wwhwang:
    Nice! Congrats on the temp job, man. I used to work in the Ole Miss university bookstore. Not a bad job. Kinda laid back.
    Thanks man! Yea it was my first day today and I really enjoyed it, laid back people, and its nice to have some money in my pocket..
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Perla Habana Black Pearl. Not bad for a budget smoke. Medium-full body with lots of flavor.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    RP signature with my coffee this morning. Haven't had a connecticut in a while and I was feeling like one. Great little smoke.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    wwhwang:
    ok...was the wood creamy before or after you put it in your mouth? Big Smile [:D]

I think it is more palate development than mild cigars not doing it for you....at least it was that way with me. Early on any old cigar would do the trick, but as I came to appreciate the nuances and subtleties of a well balanced cigar, I also found that those cigars that were great once just didn't cut it for me anymore. There are a lot of great mild cigars, as is true with cigars of any strength level, the trick is sifting through the polished turds to find a gem.

Totally agree here, I loved Nub a couple years ago.
    I still really like them as they hit a spot.
    But now they are a 1 trick pony. Not a bad pony with a pretty good trick IMO.
    But not super duper complex.

As your palate develops youll enjoy a whole new realm of cigars. The milder cigars can also be great as they get more complex.

I think some Ashtons are rather mild, but super complex and therefor I love them!

• Options
    Had a 5 Vegas 2k8 ltd tonight...
  • Options
    psdn4
  • Options
    just thoroughly enjoyed my first tatuaje havana VI novelles, burned my fingers on this guy.. lasted 1:50, amazing smoke
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    just thoroughly enjoyed my first tatuaje havana VI novelles, burned my fingers on this guy.. lasted 1:50, amazing smoke
    Great cigar.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #4. Had 3 A. Fernandez Sig robustos today too, plus a mini cohiba red dot.
  • Options
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength on the way in...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Partagas 150 last night. It was pretty sweet, almost too sweet. Not bad for 33 year old cameroon. The burn and draw were fantastic. THis is one of those cigars that I will only smoke once a year.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Had my first MOW Virtue that I got in a nice trade with joeyjoe21. It was great. Having a RP '92 and a New Castle now.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Beauty..... If you'll excuse me I need to go find that "pure goats ass" thread.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Had several smokes over my 5 day weekend and will probably have at least one more tonight. Some of the highlights were an Oliva O maduro which I've had for over a year and it was a great smoke, an ITC 10th Robusto, and a Tat White label which was great as always too. I lit up the Tat White Friday morning on my way out to the lake and enjoyed it made the 2 hour drive a breeze! I included a couple pics just to share the experience.

Photobucket
    Tat White
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds like a nice break Jason. Those Tatuaje Whites are pretty dang good for a mixed filler cigar.

Smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo el martillo right now, I just love these cigars.