Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I tried my first Gurkha Cuban Legacy and have to say for the price it was impressive. The construction was great and burned nicely. The flavor was good for a medium body, it wasn't anything wow, but it wasn't bad. I would say it was an above average smoke for the price. I have 19 more I will let some rest and of course enjoy others and pass on a few.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Just lit up a Tat La Verite this morning in celebration of my return! Awesome smoke!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cain F this morning...
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Just lit up a Tat La Verite this morning in celebration of my return! Awesome smoke!
    Welcome back, bro! Where you layin your hat?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    j667fire:
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold. Did not enjoy it at all. Got two more in the humi. Gonna let them sit for a little bit. Just got them in and was excited about trying out some vegas. Never had any before. Hopefully this is not a trend for the whole lineup. Got the Works Sampler. We will see.
    dont let the gold ruin 5 vegas for you. 5 vegas is my favorite line of cigars but i dont care for the gold because it is too mild for me. Try the classic or limitada 2010 great sticks
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Just fired up a Diesel Shortie. Love these sticks
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I'm about to head to the B&M and smoke a Camacho Triple Maduro.
  • Options
    smbrink:
    I've had this on my must try list for awhile.. How are they?
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    xIcedGuardianx:
    smbrink:
    I felt it was kind of one dementional but it was good, I did a review of it @ www.wbfiller.com if you want to give it a look see. edit: dug oit up as I think it was one of the first reviews I did http://wbfiller.com/camacho-triple-maduro-cigar-review-by-spencer-i/
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just finished a Padilla Dominus robusto. Tried it out for the first time because the DD made me curious. Not a bad stick at all. Med-full. Good flavors, spice, pepper, and little sweetness. Nice aroma too. Honestly though, in the price range this thing is in, I can think of several other smokes that blow it away. Even at a DD reduced price of 4-5 bucks a stick there's many other sticks I'd rather have. Wouldn't turn one down but it's not a stick I'm going to go hunting around for.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    xIcedGuardianx:
    smbrink:
    This is definitely one of my favorite smokes! If you like full body and tons of smooth chocolatey/coffee flavors this things is phenomenal. It gives off so much smoke that I can't smoke it in the house or the car! If you can find a deal on them (which is close to impossible) buy as many as you can. If you don't like them, I will gladly take them off your hands!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Russ55:
    Just finished a Padilla Dominus robusto. Tried it out for the first time because the DD made me curious. Not a bad stick at all. Med-full. Good flavors, spice, pepper, and little sweetness. Nice aroma too. Honestly though, in the price range this thing is in, I can think of several other smokes that blow it away. Even at a DD reduced price of 4-5 bucks a stick there's many other sticks I'd rather have. Wouldn't turn one down but it's not a stick I'm going to go hunting around for.
    You know, I am not a huge fan of Padilla. I liked the 1948 and the Miami and the Obsidian is good with some serious age. I just had a 1932 Robusto with 6 months of age and it was just ok however I can say (I'm almost ashamed of saying this) that I had about 2 inches left in my ash try and I smoked it today and it was much better. SO, I didn't like it when it was fresh out of the humidor but I liked it after it sat in the truck since Saturday night.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    smbrink:
    This is definitely one of my favorite smokes! If you like full body and tons of smooth chocolatey/coffee flavors this things is phenomenal. It gives off so much smoke that I can't smoke it in the house or the car! If you can find a deal on them (which is close to impossible) buy as many as you can. If you don't like them, I will gladly take them off your hands!
    That's it! I'm going to grab one from the B&M when I go in tonight. And Hayblet, thanks for the info. Muc appreciated.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    smbrink:
    I'm with you on this Evan, this is one of my top 10 smokes and when I see a deal on them I try to grab as many as possible. Problem is that I never seem to get enough.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Russ55:
    You know, I am not a huge fan of Padilla. I liked the 1948 and the Miami and the Obsidian is good with some serious age. I just had a 1932 Robusto with 6 months of age and it was just ok however I can say (I'm almost ashamed of saying this) that I had about 2 inches left in my ash try and I smoked it today and it was much better. SO, I didn't like it when it was fresh out of the humidor but I liked it after it sat in the truck since Saturday night.
    Hah, well whatever works. I have an uncle that does that all the time. It's doesn't bother him one bit. As far as Padilla though I've had '32s that knocked my socks off they were so good, and then other times I've had them and wasn't even sure it was the same stick. It's not a brand I've explored fully though, so my mind's not really made up one way or the other. I do tend to be a bit prejudicial against sticks that are made by other people for other people though. The last months Cotm was a Padilla sampler that I'm looking forward to getting into soon.
  • Options
    just had a 5 vegas gold with a sierra nevada torpedo... the stick had a couple months rest on it. Not a huge connie fan but I did dig this cigar, burn was great and smooth toast and butter flavors.
  • Options
    Tat Noella
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Had a Padron 3000 Natural courtesy of Docbp87. Great stick. Still prefer the maduro, though.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a nice mcrib dinner lol smoking a Nub maduro.
  • Options
    i had my first nub tonight. It was the camaroon. I really liked it but the large ring gauge got annoying after a while. I will definately smoke one again though.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    5 vages 08 last night, its ok not as good as the 09 though :p
  • Options
    Had a Camacho Corojo Ltd tonight...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    that cigar aged well... especially the maduro.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Diamondog:
    I like it, my only beef with it is, I don't like how it's rolled, really good draw and everything but it always seems under packed...
  • Options
    Had my first Camacho Triple Maduro. Fantastic!
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Had my first Camacho Triple Maduro. Fantastic!
    Great stick, what vitola?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Haven't updated this in awhile.
    Yesterday I had a Ccom blue label house blend. Really good connie shade.
    Last night was an ITSFMPB I haven't been liking this stick as much lately.
    This morning was a Perdomo Reserve 10th Champagne with over a year on it. I honestly liked the Ccom blue label better.

• Options
    Had a Cain F this morning...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    kuzi16:
    Diamondog:
    I like it, my only beef with it is, I don't like how it's rolled, really good draw and everything but it always seems under packed...
    camacho has been doing this a lot as of late. its most obvious in the 1962. that torpedo only lasts me an hour or so. any other brand that vitola would be an hour-forty or more.
    i hope this isnt going to be brand wide. im ok with it on the 1962 as long as i know im in for a short smoke. but if i light up a diploma and i dont get that hour and a half of ass kicking flavor, ill be very disappointed.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Diamondog:
    kuzi16:
    Diamondog:
    camacho has been doing this a lot as of late. its most obvious in the 1962. that torpedo only lasts me an hour or so. any other brand that vitola would be an hour-forty or more.
    i hope this isnt going to be brand wide. im ok with it on the 1962 as long as i know im in for a short smoke. but if i light up a diploma and i dont get that hour and a half of ass kicking flavor, ill be very disappointed.
    Didn't know this, thanks for the heads-up! Will keep this in mind next time I smoke one!