Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• j0z3r:
    I would imagine that in the absence of a water pillow, it would be possible to use a damp paper towel as long as the cigars were in cellophane. Correct me if I'm mistaken though. It would serve the same purpose as the water pillow, and even a small piece of a sponge, dampened, would work too.
    Its a good idea, but if you take a ziplock bag and put a damp paper towel in it with a hygrometer, I would venture a guess at around 80% humidity or more. If I didn't have a water pillow (3rd item down), I would say leave out the humidity, and let whomever you are sending them to rest in their humidor for a while, which is exactly what they will do if they recieve a package and notice there is no humidifier in there. I save all the water pillows i get from cigar.com packages in a ziplock bag for up to 2 months, after that I toss them, but that's what I use for PIF's and such.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Just recieved my PIF from cusccrstud21 and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Three of them I have never tried and have been wanting to. Excellent PIF.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Hey ashmaster thanks for the great pif!! 6 sticks and 4 of them I have never tried. Must say I am really looking forward to lighting up the Serie V as well. You made my day.
  • CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    I just received a great package from chrishollandband today. Chris's a stand up guy that went way over the top. Thanks a lot brother & let us all know when your cigar shop is opening!!!!!!! :)
  • I just got an awesome looking assortment of smokes from Crimthann....a RP Sun Grown....a Gurkha Beauty.....a Sol Cubano Sumatra......and an AF Hemingway to round out this solid package from a Fun and Games win....thanks again Crimthann, looking forward to trying that Beauty and the Hemingway!!
  • i also got a great package today from chevy from a contest a little while ago....(3) 5 vegas shorty's.......La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994.....RP Vintage 1990....CAO Italia......Cusano 18 Double Connecticut....thanks for the great package Chevy!!
    are you sure that is from me? I dont remember sending those cigars in the package I sent you. Did you also get the freebie sampler?
  • it didn't have a return address on it...so it was a guess....if that wasn't yours then i'm sure i'll be getting yours today or sometime this week...will you shoot me a PM and let me know what you sent and i'll see if i got them mixed up? i have gotten 4 packages this week so far.....sorry for the mess up
  • Hey Chevy, sorry for the mix-up...they were both post-marked from Cali...i got yours today tho!! Mighty fine package!! AF Hemingway Short Story, 5 Vegas 'A' Archetype, MAXX The Culture, RP Edge Toro, Tampa Sweethearts No. 280.....a great package!!! haven't tried any yet!!! thanks again chevy!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    cusccrstud21 +1

Received my prize for the Fun and Games thread today, sweet package containing a Camacho Corojo Ltd. Diploma, Sol Cubano Sumatra Toro, Cusano 18 Double Conn. Robusto and a 5 Vegas Shorty to replace one that I recently gifted out :).

Thanks a lot man, three sticks I have yet to try and they smell wonderful.

Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bass8844 got your package in the mail today. After a 16 HOUR day at work i have to tell you, this made my day. you do fit in the catagory of a good trader and a stand up folk.

pm sent
    Received my package from j0z3r yesterday and it was totally awesome, 5 sticks I haven't had the pleasure of smoking before. Two thumbs way up.....Thanks
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Kuzi16, thanks....I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I look forward to some more wheels and deals in the future!
    I'm happy to read that ashmaster.... I was a bit worried that my package would be too "newbie-ish" or something along those lines. Do let me know when you sample the sticks what your impression of them is.

Joe
    kuzi16...received your package today. Not bad...played golf and came home to your package. Nice! Excellent trader...thanks for making my first trade a good one!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Just got back from the outpost I was at today. I was extended there for a week and then got hit by a bomb when I got back. LOL.

There was a package of smokes in the mail from matt.hickey. He definitely goes in the Stand up Folks category. Thanks Matt.

Oh and for Railed, I'll get your package out to you in the next few days as soon as I can unpack and put it together. I'll PM you with the postal info.
    What about my package... It should have already made it out to you.
    Chevy:
    What about my package... It should have already made it out to you.
    Still haven't seen it. What day did you send it out?
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    Pilot711: stand up character! Got my sticks this afternoon AS PROMISED! Great selection, too!
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    kavenius:
    Pilot711: stand up character! Got my sticks this afternoon AS PROMISED! Great selection, too!
    Thanks, man. Hope you enjoy them.
    Matt...check your inbox.
    Got my PIF from Railed today. Good looking selection with a few sticks I have yet to try.

Thanks man.

Joe
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I was out of towm for several days. Got in last night and had a package waiting for me from Ashmaster. Nice way to walk in the door. Great selection and a couple I have never tried but had my eye on. Can't wait to get at them. Great trader and stand up guy. Thanks a lot! C
    pilot711:
    I was out of towm for several days. Got in last night and had a package waiting for me from Ashmaster. Nice way to walk in the door. Great selection and a couple I have never tried but had my eye on. Can't wait to get at them. Great trader and stand up guy. Thanks a lot! C
    Thanks "Pilot", I do hope you enjoy the sticks.
    I got my package from bass8844 today from the trade we agreed to. First, thanks a lot for a good trade, I'm loving the extra sampler you added in, you nailed a couple sticks I've been wanting to try. Second, guys you'd be hard-pressed to find someone better to trade with, and I'm more than happy with the trade.

Joe.
    I just got my package from j0z3r and I'm happy to say that you too are an awesome trader. We arranged a trade and it went flawlessly, everyone, Joe is a class act.
    Got my PIF today from pilot711, and let me tell you guys Charles is one of them stand-up folks this thread is all about :). He sent me a nice looking selection and I'm quite pleased, great trader all the way.

Thanks again Charles.

Joe
    Received my PIF from j0z3r, my first impression was (after picking up my jaw off the floor)..... WOW, totally awesome!!!! Joe, tremendous PIF, two thumbs up to a wonderful BOTL!!!!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Not that this even needs to be said but ash is great. Got a great PIF from him the other day.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    got my PIF from maduro fan. not only have i not tried any of these, i have only HEARD of one of them. thats hard to do.