Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Today is my sons' 23rd birthday. I have a couple of Opus X #4's that have been sitting for about 3 months. I figure it will be a great time to break them out. I have never tried an Opus X before so...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Laker, A great reason to celebrate, Enjoy the fine smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    laker1963:
    Today is my sons' 23rd birthday. I have a couple of Opus X #4's that have been sitting for about 3 months. I figure it will be a great time to break them out. I have never tried an Opus X before so...
    Good luck! Personally I would leave them for 3 years not 3 months but that is me. I like a strong cigar but the Opus kicks my ass everytime. I really do hope you enjoy them!

I haven't had a cigar since Saturday night. My throat was bothering me and I wasn't sure if it was the weather, really dry room while sleeping, etc... It is much better today. I am going to the local JRs tomorrow to smoke with some friends. Not buying anything though. I filled the 250ct humidor that I just got and I still have a few cheap Montis in a bag that I can not fit! That Humidor is 99.9% Gurkha and I have another 100ct that it 85% Gurkha.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tonight was an El Cobre toro. I gotta say I enjoyed this one, good flavor and a pretty decent amount of body to it, the strength really ramped up in the latter half. Good stuff.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold...nice smoke. Very good mild cigar with a nice nutty flavor, maybe something like almond. I only got through half of it, but it was about 25 degrees. My lungs was crystalizing.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh.

Nothing for me tonight, as I'm taking a few days off. I might have one tomorrow night. If not, it'll be Thurs. or Fri. night before I have one.

Hope you guys have a great evening, Laker!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    laker1963:
    Good luck! Personally I would leave them for 3 years not 3 months but that is me. I like a strong cigar but the Opus kicks my ass everytime. I really do hope you enjoy them!

I haven't had a cigar since Saturday night. My throat was bothering me and I wasn't sure if it was the weather, really dry room while sleeping, etc... It is much better today. I am going to the local JRs tomorrow to smoke with some friends. Not buying anything though. I filled the 250ct humidor that I just got and I still have a few cheap Montis in a bag that I can not fit! That Humidor is 99.9% Gurkha and I have another 100ct that it 85% Gurkha.
    I can help you free up some space... =) I smoked a RP 1992 and it was rather good, though I couldn't finish it as my company was getting annoyed since I couldn't smoke it fast enough. If only I could smoke inside....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I can help you free up some space... =) I smoked a RP 1992 and it was rather good, though I couldn't finish it as my company was getting annoyed since I couldn't smoke it fast enough. If only I could smoke inside....
    Man that sucks! thats a great cigar to finish! At the moment I got some time to kill so i'm smoking a ccom brazilian churchill. It's the last one from the brazilian sampler, good smoke! Lots of sweet cedar flavor and a little cocoa and earth. Good burn, good draw, good ash, great value!...need to buy more.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a La Aurora Cameroon 1495/1994. This one was great.. A word of advice if you get these, let them rest a few months.. I had one right out of the box and it was a little overpowering. Today the stick was perfect in it's burn, and flavor.. A very relaxing hour plus from this corona.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had myself a Padilla Obsidian today. This was the first one I've had that I was able to finish, the others have been too tight and I didn't feel like fighting with them to get a decent amount of smoke. This time I made sure to cut higher up on the taper, and that seemed to do the trick as this one was a smoke bomb. And it's a good cigar, certainly not the best Padilla has to offer, but still an above average smoke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    fired up my first trilogy tonite (trilogy exotic maduro). prelight draw good. started a little strong but quickly moved to smooth flavors of pepper and spice and another flavor i just could not identify. solid ash ,burn was great-minor touch up one time. lasted about an hour and a half which shows just how much i enjoyed it as it's cold as hades here (low 30's). priced around 3.50 so i will proably add this to my everyday rotation as a change of pace. good relaxing smoke. now it's time for a mug of rum.cheers!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles tonight. For a 4.6" x 42 cigar, this little thing packed a small kick. Was overall a bit on the spicy side, but definitely complex. Was the first cigar of this line I have tried and have to say I really enjoyed it. I picked up a few more of these and bought one of the Verocu #2 after reading the love it has on this forum. I can't wait to try it!
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    It's been a while since my last smoke (again). Tonight I'm smoking the Casa Magna Colorado that Duty sent along in the Pass Deux.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    Smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles tonight. For a 4.6" x 42 cigar, this little thing packed a small kick. Was overall a bit on the spicy side, but definitely complex. Was the first cigar of this line I have tried and have to say I really enjoyed it. I picked up a few more of these and bought one of the Verocu #2 after reading the love it has on this forum. I can't wait to try it!
    I love the Tatuaje brand! They have some awesome smokes! I picked up the Lancero and a few of the Limitadas at the event I went to.
  • Options
    Smoked another Shaggy Connecticut. This cigar is freakin awesome. I swore to myself I was gonna let my last 4 age for a couple of months but before I knew it I was heading out of the house with one in my hand. I sooooooooooo want to buy more but I need to make a dent in my current inventory before I purchase anymore anything. The burn was as perfect as it can be.

I did a quick count of two humidors the other night. The 250ct has 146 and it is packed. Probably because all the cigars are large like the Warlord, Grand Age Perfecto and Churchill, Shaggy, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, etc...My 100ct has 96 and most are Gurkha. I have a few Beasts, 1 Beauty, Maybe 12 - 15 Centurions, 15 Titans, Titan II, Grand Reserve, Reserve Platinum, Royal Salute, Black Dragon, Legends, etc.... Plus all the other stuf like the RP Decade, Camacho Triple Maduro, about 18 La Arora 1495 1994, etc... I don't believe any of my other humidors have any more Gurkhas. I think I mostly have Fuente and Partagas, some cubans, Nubs, an Upmann and some Padrons. My mom asked me the other night if I was going into business. I just laughed
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The other night I smoked a Rocky Patel Reinasance. Wonderful cigar. Very well made, even burn. Medium bodied cigar with a medium finish. Very spicey with woody undertones. I enjoyed this cigar a great deal, will buy more! Since the cigar is so new, it is hard to find at the moment. If anyone else had tried this cigar or planning on smoking it soon, let me know what you think!.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwright:
    Smoked another Shaggy Connecticut. This cigar is freakin awesome. I swore to myself I was gonna let my last 4 age for a couple of months but before I knew it I was heading out of the house with one in my hand. I sooooooooooo want to buy more but I need to make a dent in my current inventory before I purchase anymore anything. The burn was as perfect as it can be.

I did a quick count of two humidors the other night. The 250ct has 146 and it is packed. Probably because all the cigars are large like the Warlord, Grand Age Perfecto and Churchill, Shaggy, Nepalese Warrior, Royal Brigade, etc...My 100ct has 96 and most are Gurkha. I have a few Beasts, 1 Beauty, Maybe 12 - 15 Centurions, 15 Titans, Titan II, Grand Reserve, Reserve Platinum, Royal Salute, Black Dragon, Legends, etc.... Plus all the other stuf like the RP Decade, Camacho Triple Maduro, about 18 La Arora 1495 1994, etc... I don't believe any of my other humidors have any more Gurkhas. I think I mostly have Fuente and Partagas, some cubans, Nubs, an Upmann and some Padrons. My mom asked me the other night if I was going into business. I just laughed
    sounds like I should take some of your reserve platinums and royal salutes... =)
  • Options
    Brother, if you lived close I would share. I always do!
  • Options
    lol, I'm sure you've been stocking those for some time, I was able to order a 5 pack of the royals and I only found them in stock at one place. hard as hell to find.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

corona java latte earlier- not decided on tonites smoke yet

• Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, I'm sure you've been stocking those for some time, I was able to order a 5 pack of the royals and I only found them in stock at one place. hard as hell to find.
    I wasn't impressed. I liked the Grand Reserve and the Platinum better. Maybe it was just the one I had. I have 4 more that I am waiting to smoke, so we'll see.
  • Options
    Do you have the churchills or the perfecto? I could only find the perfecto
  • Options
    today could be the rare 3 smoke day...had a day off somewhat and drove up to my bosses' house to work on her network, on the way up I had a Ashton Cabinet Belicoso. Nothing new here, just a solid mild smoke for the morning. On the way back I had a Butera La Penna EX, a tobacconist I met in a B&M out of town, suggested I try it out. It was a solid smoke. Had some nice coffee and Cocoa flavors to it. Who knows what is on the agenda tonight...but there is time for another one!
  • Options
    Well last night was one of the Gurkha Beasts I got from the 5-pack deal, (I hope that one goes a bit longer!)

Tonight will probably be one of the Cigar.com Brazilians.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Torpedo. That's all I could find.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That's what I meant. It's triple infused, I would think it would be better.. hmmm.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That's what I meant. It's triple infused, I would think it would be better.. hmmm.
    It got harsh and sour half way through. It may have just been that particular one but I got a few more to try so we'll see. Their not exactly the most economical cigar either. There is a new cigar out that I want to try but noone has then in stock. It's the new Don Arturo Gran Anniversario. They are like $60 a piece. That's tough to stomach.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Tonight I lit up a Padilla Obsidian that's been resting for a few months, for some reason it still has a pretty tight draw to it, but that just might be because it is a torpedo. My uncle had a Partagas Black that I took a few puffs of and though it was a good smoke, it had an extremely tight draw to it. Even Mr. Paperclip couldn't loosen it up.

Anyone else have that problem with the Partagas, because I really want to get a fiver of em, but not if they have that tight of a draw.
  • Options
    I don't normally have any problems with Partagas. They are one of my favorite.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    today could be the rare 3 smoke day...had a day off somewhat and drove up to my bosses' house to work on her network, on the way up I had a Ashton Cabinet Belicoso. Nothing new here, just a solid mild smoke for the morning. On the way back I had a Butera La Penna EX, a tobacconist I met in a B&M out of town, suggested I try it out. It was a solid smoke. Had some nice coffee and Cocoa flavors to it. Who knows what is on the agenda tonight...but there is time for another one!
    Finished the night off with a Padron 64 Exclusivo - even shared one with a friend - damn good as always. Burn was perfect and was an awesome way to cap off a nice day away from the office: dinner with a friend, followed by a 64.