Home Ratings & Reviews

Whats your favorite gurkha?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Thats the oiliest, most toothy candella wrapper i have ever seen! Is that the Barrel Select?
    A bit too moist and oily I must say, they don't smoke worth a damn.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Jetmech_63:
    Thats the oiliest, most toothy candella wrapper i have ever seen! Is that the Barrel Select?
    Heh.
  • stp900stp900 Posts: 5
    gmill880:
    A work associate I see a couple times a month is always ranting about the ghurka ancient warrior-claims he smokes only ghurka's now, reading the reviews they sound good but a good ad man could make you want the chits....to do or not to do.....
    I second the ancient warrior, in particular the El Duke size! i had my first ancient warrior about 3 years ago at a Gurkha tasting at my local B&M. i fell in love with it. medium bodied, but full on flavor (leather, vanilla and coffe are what come to mind). I make sure to always have a box in my humi of the Gurkha AW's. Hope that helps.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I've given up on Gurkhas. I've NEVER had one that didn't have a problem with the draw, or staying lit, or whatever. Too much work, unable to enjoy. I'll leave them to you guys that like them, plenty of other good ones out there for me. I think there are still a few Centurion perfectos in the bottom of the humi... maybe I'll try one in a year or two.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    that sucks zoom. sometimes a burn issue but I still think they're great. though there are a bunch of other cigars out there.. lol
  • Titan's ( I or II, but I like II when smoking at parties)  are fav's!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    deaDKennedys:
    Titan's ( I or II, but I like II when smoking at parties)  are fav's!
    I have a couple of the IIs resting. Only had one and wasn't overly impressed. Definately need to try a second one. I think I am going to smoke a Black Dragon Gran Especial tomorrow night. They have been resting since July. That cigar is a big **** 8.5 X 52. Takes up way to much room in my Humidor.
    rwheelwright:
    deaDKennedys:
    I have a couple of the IIs resting. Only had one and wasn't overly impressed. Definately need to try a second one. I think I am going to smoke a Black Dragon Gran Especial tomorrow night. They have been resting since July. That cigar is a big **** 8.5 X 52. Takes up way to much room in my Humidor.
    Geez that's a big sumbitch. See ya in a week when you finish it. :)
    rwheelwright:
    deaDKennedys:
    Wheelie, so was the titan 1 much better? I haven't had the 2's, but I do have 2 titans. Yeah those black dragon's are big, I have 2 on the bottom layer, I liked the one I had. Took a good 2 hours to smoke it, perhaps 2.5. A good smoke though, not sure if I'd buy any more but I smoked it after getting it so maybe some age will help it blend more.
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    deaDKennedys:
    Wheelie, so was the titan 1 much better? I haven't had the 2's, but I do have 2 titans. Yeah those black dragon's are big, I have 2 on the bottom layer, I liked the one I had. Took a good 2 hours to smoke it, perhaps 2.5. A good smoke though, not sure if I'd buy any more but I smoked it after getting it so maybe some age will help it blend more.
    You know, I don't remember. Tell you what, I'll try and grab one of each really soon and smoke them relatively back to back and I'll get back to you on it. Maybe one Saturday and one Sunday. Give time for the palate to reset itself.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    deaDKennedys:
    That's what she said.
    HA! Well played.
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    deaDKennedys:
    That's what she said.
    It's so big I am jealous! Wishfull thinking huh? :-)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well last night I had my first HMR from the box I bought a week ago. You guys should really pick these up I mean WOW. They may just be worth the price. LOL, I kid.
    I had two the other day... I'll take some of your extras though..
    Have you actually had one phobs?
    lol, no. I tried to get one when Ccom had them reduced as singles but the boss said no friggin' way.
    Though I would think that the royal salutes would be pretty close to what they'd taste like. I'd like to think that anyway.... Makes me feel better.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Though I would think that the royal salutes would be pretty close to what they'd taste like. I'd like to think that anyway.... Makes me feel better.
    LOL the only liquer infused cigar I've had is the Maker's Mark 10th. It tasted more like blueberries than bourbon. Someon sent me an Erin Go Brah though which after reading a little about it I'm looking forward to it.

How much are the Royal Salutes running?
    I can send you a link if you'd like maddy?
    Sure. I might have to try one.
    madurofan:
    Someon sent me an Erin Go Brah though which after reading a little about it I'm looking forward to it.
    Just from me to you, I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you...IMO, they taste pretty...what's that word? oh, Not Good At All!! Though they do leave a pleasant sweetness on the lips...that's about the only good thing I can say.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Someon sent me an Erin Go Brah though which after reading a little about it I'm looking forward to it.
    Just from me to you, I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you...IMO, they taste pretty...what's that word? oh, Not Good At All!! Though they do leave a pleasant sweetness on the lips...that's about the only good thing I can say.
    Damn. I was hoping.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Damn. I was hoping.
    Jozer's crazy, they are pretty dang good..
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Damn. I was hoping.
    Here's the thing phobic, I like good cigars... :)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Damn. I was hoping.
    I'm with Joe, not a big fan of the Erin go blah
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Damn. I was hoping.
    yeah and I like Good-er cigars.... =p
    back on topic... Kuzi, Wheelie, any of you have the Status yet? I just ordered 2 wondering if it was a waste of money or not...
  • I had a Legend this morning it it was delicious. My favorite so far. I'm certain the Beauty will take that honor when I smoke it after the Cardinals victory tomorrow. I'm going to need a serious cigar for when the Cardinals bring the title to AZ.
    I liked the beauty. I have one left and if that smokes well I might put them on the box list. I am looking forward to the legend, I ordered some and just got them in. I hear good things.