Home General Discussion

Black Band Project

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
Anyone ever heard of this before? I saw it on Kalaera's site, cigarobsession.com, looks interesting.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I signed up just to see what its about and get the freebies if there are any of them when this thing all shakes out.
    Not sure.
    I gave them a secondary email address and not my main email just in case it is a scammer.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    If it is legit it should be awesome. If not at least the video clips are entertaining.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I had a guy from work email me this today. I will probably sign up for it tomorrow. Can't hurt to give it a try......Will have to wait and see what happens.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    interesting to say the least....the first video has me wanting to smoke a cigar though!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Very interesting but I wonder if theres a catch to it somehow ???
    gmill880:
    Very interesting but I wonder if theres a catch to it somehow ???

There is always a catch, right? The first video was pretty interesting. I think that I will have to have a smoke tonight after I get off work. Maybe something rated highly in a cigar publication...
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    can someone post the web address for this? Thanks in advance!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    robert69165:
    can someone post the web address for this? Thanks in advance!
    blackbandproject.com
    Thanks!
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Mmmm, checked it out a couple of times and decided not to enter. On the plus side, might get some freebies. Down side, guy in the video comes off like a tool maybe looking to sell a new incarnation of alternatives or generics. If it turns out to be cool, you guys post your results and I'll kick myself then for not playing;)
    I'm gonna give it a skeptical whirl, one clue it might be bogus is the way he lights his cigar, he doesn't roll it.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    robert69165:
    one clue it might be bogus is the way he lights his cigar, he doesn't roll it.
    Neither does Rocky Patel. I've seen cigar makers, well respected distributors, etc just stick the foot directly into a huge flame and puff away.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I agree with scramz, some people cut the end, some bite the end, some give the cigar a complete inspection for construction, smell, cracks, blemishes, pinch the cigar to find tight spots, taste the cap, test the pre-light draw/ taste, toast the end rotate while lighting, It is a ritual that gives some people a better smoking experience. Others just light up and smoke. Each his own.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    robert69165:
    one clue it might be bogus is the way he lights his cigar, he doesn't roll it.
    Neither does Rocky Patel. I've seen cigar makers, well respected distributors, etc just stick the foot directly into a huge flame and puff away.
    i dont roll mine either.

heck... i dont even have it in my mouth when lighting.
    For the folks who signed up for this whats going on with it so far ???
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    For the folks who signed up for this whats going on with it so far ???
    That's odd .. I was just thinking the very same thing a few hours ago.. Did anything good ever come from this " project"
    Well, when you sign up you have to watch their 4 episodes where they "blow peoples' minds", or something, then supposedly you get some freebies. I'm on episode three, I'll get an email about ep 4 on Thursday I think....so we'll see where it goes from there.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Joe, i'm waiting on my 4th episode...well see. I'm optimistic
    At the very least, it has given me something to do at work for 15 minutes towards the end of the week.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    It is legit. Its a marketing scheme by Camacho Cigars.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I decided to sign up. I guess we'll see what happens.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    MAJORdorMo:
    Where'd you hear this? I would think it would be someone less well known; Drew Estates, or Oliva come to mind. Camacho already has multiple 90+ rated cigars; it wouldn't really benefit them to drag that down.
    Oliva has several 90+ rated cigars too. It makes sense for any maker of quality cigars to try and get people to smoke what they like, not what they're told to like.

A lot of people fall into the trappings of fancy packaging and high CA ratings and let those dictate what they smoke. I haven't had a cigar yet that was good simply because it came in a cool box, or because CA rated it highly, I like the cigars I like because, and this is going to sound redundant, I like them, plain and simple. But I'm a little more open minded than some...some people see flashy advertising, high prices and fancy packaging and figure the cigar must be good, thus keeping companies like Gurkha and Rocky Patel at the top of the food chain...And I'm not saying they make bad cigars, just that I don't think they make the best cigars.
    I guess so. Money-wise, though, wouldn't it make sense for more of the big-names (as you mentioned) to keep people hooked on flashy packaging etc? I'm not saying I agree with it, hell, I agree with all of what you said (and I was victimized by it a lot as a younger cigar smoker.)
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    betasynn:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Where'd you hear this? I would think it would be someone less well known; Drew Estates, or Oliva come to mind. Camacho already has multiple 90+ rated cigars; it wouldn't really benefit them to drag that down.

People on other forums have seen all 4 videos. On the last video they show that they are Camacho.

If you don't believe that, here is further proof: http://puffingcigars.com/cigar-news/black-band-project/1983/ (HINT: Add the red letters together)
    Wow, guess I was wrong. So what are the free sticks?
    OH MAN IF ITS cAMACHO i'M PI$$ED I didn't get in on it !!!
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    You can still sign up.
    Yeah, I just did last night, it will just take a bit longer. I'm pretty stokked now.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Yeah Im on episode 3 and I cant wait to get my free camachos!