Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    A hearty welcome to all the new Brethren I've missed! Welcome aboard!
    A few rules, if you please...
    1: Buy a cooler! Buy it now!
    2: Have fun, by all means. this includes making fun of Jiunn(like the month).
    3: Jump in on the "Newb trades", you'll be happy that you did.
    4: Beware of Brothers named Mike, Dustin, Daniel, Steve, Brett, Glenn and Greg. Trust me on this...
    5: Now that you've purchased a cooler, get a bigger one!
    That should cover the basics. As stated in Rule No. 2, enjoy yourselves! Hope to see you hanging around for a long time!
    (4.) How many brothers out there that have such a kickass name? Or were you referring to yourself in 3rd person?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Toombes:
    jliu:
    6. Bomb Daniel with a pink dress. He's a cross dresser (I kid you not).
    7. Make fun of me, and I will F you in the A.

6: Really horrible edit, apparently composed by Jiunn like the month...
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    7: Jiunn like the month don't joke around! That's him in the red BDSM gear...
    Photobucket
    OH my god, You are out of control! Holy *** that is funny!
  • Options
    jswaykosjswaykos Posts: 53
    Hello, all! Been trying to sign up on the forum here for a while but kept getting the run around from the log in screen... reply, log in... reply, log in...

Finally realized it's because I hadn't entered an actual user name. Sheesh on me. Been ordering from here (and affiliates) for years, and am fairly active on a sister site's banter under the same user name.

So... hello. I'll finally stop lurking these forums and contributing.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jswaykos PM at you. HE IS MINE LOLAHAHAHAAAA!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jswaykos:
    Hello, all! Been trying to sign up on the forum here for a while but kept getting the run around from the log in screen... reply, log in... reply, log in... Finally realized it's because I hadn't entered an actual user name. Sheesh on me. Been ordering from here (and affiliates) for years, and am fairly active on a sister site's banter under the same user name. So... hello. I'll finally stop lurking these forums and contributing.
    You do realize that you made a horrible mistake letting these guys know you are here?
    And you might as well PM MVW67 or dbeckom your mailing address now. They will eventually have it.
    And if you think you can fly under the radar here, good luck. It didn't work for me at all.

Oh, by the way to all the new guys. Welcome. These guys are crazy.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jswaykos:
    Hello, all! Been trying to sign up on the forum here for a while but kept getting the run around from the log in screen... reply, log in... reply, log in... Finally realized it's because I hadn't entered an actual user name. Sheesh on me. Been ordering from here (and affiliates) for years, and am fairly active on a sister site's banter under the same user name. So... hello. I'll finally stop lurking these forums and contributing.
    You do realize that you made a horrible mistake letting these guys know you are here?
    And you might as well PM MVW67 or dbeckom your mailing address now. They will eventually have it.
    And if you think you can fly under the radar here, good luck. It didn't work for me at all.

Oh, by the way to all the new guys. Welcome. These guys are crazy.
    yes pm sent :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    woodymanwoodyman Posts: 39
    Hey everyone, been hanging around the forms the past few weeks, been slow on posting, but It's been great reading all the threads and seeing all the images that are posted here.. I can tell this is a great community of members, and I look forward to my time here! If you have not seen already, I am a college student studying biochemistry with plans to go on to medical school, and in my spare time I develop for Android... Might think about going into iOS development too in the future, but not yet! Also as you can guess I defiantly enjoy a nice cigar every now and again. Started to really get into cigars back in September of 2011, and I've had some great smokes and not some not so great smokes, but regardless of how good it is or isn't I enjoy the experience offered by them all.. There's a very strong history and culture behind cigars and its one I defiantly look forward to learning about!!
  • Options
    woodyman:
    Hey everyone, been hanging around the forms the past few weeks, been slow on posting, but It's been great reading all the threads and seeing all the images that are posted here.. I can tell this is a great community of members, and I look forward to my time here! If you have not seen already, I am a college student studying biochemistry with plans to go on to medical school, and in my spare time I develop for Android... Might think about going into iOS development too in the future, but not yet! Also as you can guess I defiantly enjoy a nice cigar every now and again. Started to really get into cigars back in September of 2011, and I've had some great smokes and not some not so great smokes, but regardless of how good it is or isn't I enjoy the experience offered by them all.. There's a very strong history and culture behind cigars and its one I defiantly look forward to learning about!!
    welcome woody, lots of info found here! Pm sent!:-) :-)
  • Options
    IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    Welcome Woodyman,

The guys and girls on this forum are super friendly and knowledgable so you've picked the right place to learn a few things.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I've spent the last few weeks lurking and learning a great deal from all of you. Thanks for the huge amount of information and humor that I've come across while browsing these forums!

A little bit about myself. I'm a 34 year old gourmet coffee roaster in south Texas, I've been in the coffee biz 18 years now, and have always wondered how cupping coffee would translate to taking notes on premium cigars. My take so far is that my years of analyzing thousands of different cups of coffee has lent my palate a huge repository of adjectives to describe what I am tasting in my stick du jour! It's been very exiting to me to say the least.

I've been smoking cigars daily for the last few months, and received a 90 count humidor for fathers day, and I'm looking forward to my thrifty fifty to arrive to stuff it with. So far, my favorite sticks include CAO Brazilia (I love full bodied coffees like Sumatra Mandheling and Celebes Kalosi), and AVO (especially the Uvezian birthday sticks, remind me of a great creamy new crop Colombia Supremo).

My other passions include astronomy and gardening. I've been interested in astronomy since I was 10 years old, and currently use a 22" Dobsonian reflector to gaze upward. This is also my favorite time to enjoy a great cigar!

Thanks again for all the information and laughs I've gotten while visiting these boards!
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to forum Tony, we have something in common, you roast coffee and I drink the **** out of it. Have fun and I am sure someone will be along shortly to welcome you good, lol.
  • Options
    TonyChbeir:
    Hi guys, I've spent the last few weeks lurking and learning a great deal from all of you. Thanks for the huge amount of information and humor that I've come across while browsing these forums! A little bit about myself. I'm a 34 year old gourmet coffee roaster in south Texas, I've been in the coffee biz 18 years now, and have always wondered how cupping coffee would translate to taking notes on premium cigars. My take so far is that my years of analyzing thousands of different cups of coffee has lent my palate a huge repository of adjectives to describe what I am tasting in my stick du jour! It's been very exiting to me to say the least. I've been smoking cigars daily for the last few months, and received a 90 count humidor for fathers day, and I'm looking forward to my thrifty fifty to arrive to stuff it with. So far, my favorite sticks include CAO Brazilia (I love full bodied coffees like Sumatra Mandheling and Celebes Kalosi), and AVO (especially the Uvezian birthday sticks, remind me of a great creamy new crop Colombia Supremo). My other passions include astronomy and gardening. I've been interested in astronomy since I was 10 years old, and currently use a 22" Dobsonian reflector to gaze upward. This is also my favorite time to enjoy a great cigar! Thanks again for all the information and laughs I've gotten while visiting these boards!
    welcome aboard and thanks, pm sent
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Welcome guys!
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    marineatbn03:
    Welcome to forum Tony, we have something in common, you roast coffee and I drink the **** out of it. Have fun and I am sure someone will be along shortly to welcome you good, lol.

I am with you on that one! Welcome Tony! I think Keurig might have a new marketing campaign here! Buy the Keurig Elite and get a 20 count humidor with it! They definitely pair well together.
  • Options
    T.J. Armstrong:
    marineatbn03:

I am with you on that one! Welcome Tony! I think Keurig might have a new marketing campaign here! Buy the Keurig Elite and get a 20 count humidor with it! They definitely pair well together.
    Lord I love my Keurig
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Don't answer MVW67's pm lol. It only spells trouble. Trust me, I'm a recent recipient of his... generosity?
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Don't answer MVW67's pm lol. It only spells trouble. Trust me, I'm a recent recipient of his... generosity?
    Lol, he will smack you like you are in a secret CIA......errr like you have been very bad.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    pelirrojo:
    Lol, he will smack you like you are in a secret CIA......errr like you have been very bad.
    um he already did!:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    pelirrojo:
    Oh crap, should I be afraid?
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    TonyChbeir:
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    pelirrojo:
    Yep!
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    TonyChbeir:
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    pelirrojo:
    Yep!
    +1. Thanks for the like on Facebook, Tony. Very much appreciated!
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Hello Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting. Ive been enjoying cigars for about a year now. My tastes have been slowly changing and i find myself more and more choosing not to smoke infused even though i do occasionally enjoy one still. Im up to keeping about 80-90 sticks in the humidor.

Some of my current favorites are:
    Kristoff Maduro
    Alec Bradley Black Market and Prensado
    Acid Opulence 3
    La Aroma Di Cuba Mi Amor
    My uzi weighs a ton
    Liga Privada Undercrown and No. 9
    Drew Estate Natural Dirt
    Tatuaje el Trunfador

I look forward to learning from everyone and reading up. Im also up for any recommendations based on my short list above.

Thanks
  • Options
    Welcome, to the forum!! Pm sent:-)
  • Options
    Jesus, Mike already extended the claws. Welcome to the forum, nice meeting you. Get a Lowes credit card, your gonna need it.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Jesus, Mike already extended the claws. Welcome to the forum, nice meeting you. Get a Lowes credit card, your gonna need it.
    whatever do you mean!
  • Options
    How the .... Ive been waiting on a noobstar to come along.... Save some for us Mike
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    Hello Hello everyone, This is my first time posting. Ive been enjoying cigars for about a year now. My tastes have been slowly changing and i find myself more and more choosing not to smoke infused even though i do occasionally enjoy one still. Im up to keeping about 80-90 sticks in the humidor. Some of my current favorites are: Kristoff Maduro Alec Bradley Black Market and Prensado Acid Opulence 3 La Aroma Di Cuba Mi Amor My uzi weighs a ton Liga Privada Undercrown and No. 9 Drew Estate Natural Dirt Tatuaje el Trunfador I look forward to learning from everyone and reading up. Im also up for any recommendations based on my short list above. Thanks
    Welcome!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    Hello Hello everyone, This is my first time posting. Ive been enjoying cigars for about a year now. My tastes have been slowly changing and i find myself more and more choosing not to smoke infused even though i do occasionally enjoy one still. Im up to keeping about 80-90 sticks in the humidor. Some of my current favorites are: Kristoff Maduro Alec Bradley Black Market and Prensado Acid Opulence 3 La Aroma Di Cuba Mi Amor My uzi weighs a ton Liga Privada Undercrown and No. 9 Drew Estate Natural Dirt Tatuaje el Trunfador I look forward to learning from everyone and reading up. Im also up for any recommendations based on my short list above. Thanks
    Welcome Aboard
  • Options
    nickiam:

Ohh yea... Welcome my friend
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    That was a very nice first post Nick. I'm glad you're not a computer bot.