Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Hi. Names Rich. I'm from NYC (don't hold it against me). I've been smokin' for around 4 years now and don't know why I waited so long. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I'm hoping to be able to learn from and contribute to it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome bigj and smokin -nice to have new faces on board -enjoy yourselves
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the jungle boys!!!

And remember that when you have a bad day, smoke a cigar, when you have a month, get a hooker, and when you have a bad year, make a hooker smoke a cigar in front of you...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    welcome gents, especially you Steel City Fan...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to bump this one up.. Welcome all new members. I see a lot of new guys coming in the back door.
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    Dang didn't see this when I joined sorry for starting my own post. Hey!
  • Options
    MatkisrMatkisr Posts: 2
    I can hardly wait to soak up some of the good info here. I've smoked a few cigars here and there for a long time and just recently started to really get into it again. I'm not entirely sure what I like yet but I'm enjoying finding out. Thanks for all the info.
  • Options
    welcome matkisr
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728

May as well jump in on this, been reading the boards for a bit now.

Im from NY, but have been living in Madison Wisconsin for a while now.  Found a great little cigar bar a few blocks from my house!  Casual cigar smoker, but I like to learn everything about anything I do.  And that drags me in deeper  :)

Cant wait to get to know you guys better!

• Options
    kaspera79:
    Just wanted to bump this one up.. Welcome all new members. I see a lot of new guys coming in the back door.
    Not that kind of forum Kas...
  • Options
    Thanks Lassie.. I better get back in the habit of proof reading any posts..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Thanks Lassie.. I better get back in the habit of proof reading any posts..
    /giggles like a school girl
  • Options
    olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    Thanks kaspera79,been a lurker for a while just reading & learning.Love this new hobbie just got serious the last year. Working on filling my 2nd humi,lol.Just an ole Texas mechanic saying "Howdy". Rob
  • Options
    .. so Rob, what have you filled up those humidors with ?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    .. so Rob, what have you filled up those humidors with ?
    Cigars I hope. :) Welcome Rob, enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    Well, still learning my tastes & budget.lol,have some man-o wars different vitolas some gurkhas samplers some cao's,toranos,cu-avanos,a few rocky patels,la herincias different vitolas which i want to say is a pretty good cigar for the cheap price; at least i think so, a few cohiba red dots umm hell i need to smoke more and quit collecting lol.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    olerob_50+:
    la herincias different vitolas which i want to say is a pretty good cigar for the cheap price; at least i think so,
    I'd go you one further, I think it is a damn good cigar for an inexpensive ( I hate the word cheap, it implies shoddy manufacture to me) price. I really like Sol Cubano for that, the Cuban Cabinet is one of my favorite cigars and it is well priced too as is the SC Connecticut, if you're looking for some solid cigars that won't break the bank, give those a shot.
  • Options
    Yeah,i've smoked a few of the cuban cabinet & i have to agree.I'll give the connecticut a try,thanks for the tip.The La Herincia really is manufactured well.I have not had any problems with them at all.
  • Options
    welcome to olerob +50
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    olerob_50+:
    la herincias different vitolas which i want to say is a pretty good cigar for the cheap price; at least i think so,
    I'd go you one further, I think it is a damn good cigar for an inexpensive ( I hate the word cheap, it implies shoddy manufacture to me) price. I really like Sol Cubano for that, the Cuban Cabinet is one of my favorite cigars and it is well priced too as is the SC Connecticut, if you're looking for some solid cigars that won't break the bank, give those a shot.
    Welcome OleRob_50+.
    That there is some good advice. I might add that you also look into the Sol Cubano Series B sticks. They are also very tasty and won't break the bank ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome & the advice gang.I am still buying alot of samplers IF they have at least 2 of the same sticks.I have found that it's best to give a new stick a couple of chances if for some reason the first doesn't taste good to me.The first RP MM I smoked wasn't to sure about it.Lol but I really like any maduro now,it seems.
  • Options
    olerob_50+:
    Thanks for the warm welcome & the advice gang.I am still buying alot of samplers IF they have at least 2 of the same sticks.I have found that it's best to give a new stick a couple of chances if for some reason the first doesn't taste good to me.The first RP MM I smoked wasn't to sure about it.Lol but I really like any maduro now,it seems.
    I am the exact same way...

I have to buy cigars in at a pair if not three if I am able to justify it... don't really know why...
  • Options
    Bump for the newbies
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Hey guys, names Andrew and I'm 24 living in Memphis.  Just started smoking a couple months ago and have really developed a love for it and culture around it.  Thanks!
  • Options
    ...pleased to meet you ...hope you guessed my name ...
    ...cigar smoking is the nature of our game ...
    Yeah I found some old Rolling Stones stuff tonight ...but anyways welcome aboard Andrewh enjoy your stay ...
  • Options
    andrewh:
    Hey guys, names Andrew and I'm 24 living in Memphis.  Just started smoking a couple months ago and have really developed a love for it and culture around it.  Thanks!
    Welcome to the brotherhood!
  • Options
    Hey andrew, it's nice to have you with us. I like your reminder about the culture of our group.. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Glad to have you here, Andrew.
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    welcome
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Hello Everybody. New to the forum.Its great. I am 28 from Las Vegas.Been smoking on and off for a while. I have been looking for cigars and found this forum. Got a question though! How do you post in a thread without replying to a post or quoting it. Am i missing something? Thank You for your help. It looks like a nice crowd in here.