THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    Well not a new member persay but one that hasn't posted here in some time. Figured that since I've been gone for a significant amount of time and that there are a lot more new faces that I don't recognize than ones I do that I should introduce myself here.

My name is Brett and in a few days I will turn 25, I have been smoking for just shy of 10 years (yes that number is true) and am married to a cigar lover/smoker as well and less than two weeks ago just became a father for the first time with our baby boy. I am a seasoned smoker and heavy collector and truly look forward to getting to know all of y'all over the course of time! Great to be back and long ashes brothers ;)

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    Hey now...lay off the Welsh there pal! Good to see you back bro.
    Bwahahahah sorry D can't help it :P Good to be back, glad to see the place thriving and doing great! How is life and music treating you? Saw you have really gotten into the CC market pretty deep, haven't had the ability to explore that too much myself, when the time comes that I can (whenever that is lol) I will definitely be looking to you for some advice if that's cool? Hope all is well man, great to talk with you again ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:
    Well not a new member persay but one that hasn't posted here in some time. Figured that since I've been gone for a significant amount of time and that there are a lot more new faces that I don't recognize than ones I do that I should introduce myself here.

My name is Brett and in a few days I will turn 25, I have been smoking for just shy of 10 years (yes that number is true) and am married to a cigar lover/smoker as well and less than two weeks ago just became a father for the first time with our baby boy. I am a seasoned smoker and heavy collector and truly look forward to getting to know all of y'all over the course of time! Great to be back and long ashes brothers ;)

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    Bwahahahah sorry D can't help it :P Good to be back, glad to see the place thriving and doing great! How is life and music treating you? Saw you have really gotten into the CC market pretty deep, haven't had the ability to explore that too much myself, when the time comes that I can (whenever that is lol) I will definitely be looking to you for some advice if that's cool? Hope all is well man, great to talk with you again ;)
    Absolutely, feel free to hit me up anytime man. There is a ton out there, so I am slowly building my collection accordingly to what I like, but i am starting to get a feel for the different brands and what they offer flavor wise. Music and life are great, three bands, plenty fo time to jam, cannot complain my friend...no stress.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    90+ Irishman:

Pikey...
    Lmao Welshi-prik ;)
    Absolutely, feel free to hit me up anytime man. There is a ton out there, so I am slowly building my collection accordingly to what I like, but i am starting to get a feel for the different brands and what they offer flavor wise. Music and life are great, three bands, plenty fo time to jam, cannot complain my friend...no stress.
    Man I envy the whole no stress thing lol, but honestly can't complain too much myself. Cael (our son) is a terrific kiddo, doesn't fuss much at all sleeps for 4-5 hrs at a shot and almost never had a meltdown... Couldn't have been more blessed.

Awesome to hear about the bands that's sick, would live to hear some music that you play bro! As for the CC's much appreciated but I am fully tapped out on purchases for a while since Amanda let me pick up my bday presents a few days early so I just ordered a box of the Lat 46 SS' a shirt and hat from Tat and a box of the Quesada Heisenberg Project petit coronas so I can't afford anything for months hahaha. Awesome bday present from the Mrs. Irish especially since its just a couple days away... Love that woman :D
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    I love the LAT54, made my top 12 this year, so I am stoked to try the SS for sure. That wrapper is something else man...
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome back and welcome to the newbie.....I don't think i really qualify to call anyone a newbie yet, but oh well.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    I love the LAT54, made my top 12 this year, so I am stoked to try the SS for sure. That wrapper is something else man...
    Yeah funny thing is I haven't smoked a single Lat yet, Justin (Jhewey) picked up one of each size for me but we are putting a few things together so don't have them yet. But I highly doubt that I won't fall head or heels in love with them so not worried on that front. When I saw the smaller ring gauge which I am a slvt for and the higher Primings I couldn't resist an had to spring for the box. Love the name of the wrapper though lol and wing from the MF Esteli factory and Pete and DPG having their hands involved in this I figured it would be right up my alley all the same.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    welcome back and welcome to the newbie.....I don't think i really qualify to call anyone a newbie yet, but oh well.
    Thanks Brian and no worries trust me when I say that we are ALL NEWBIES in some way or another so don't ever worry bout tht my friend ;)
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Yeah funny thing is I haven't smoked a single Lat yet, Justin (Jhewey) picked up one of each size for me but we are putting a few things together so don't have them yet. But I highly doubt that I won't fall head or heels in love with them so not worried on that front. When I saw the smaller ring gauge which I am a slvt for and the higher Primings I couldn't resist an had to spring for the box. Love the name of the wrapper though lol and wing from the MF Esteli factory and Pete and DPG having their hands involved in this I figured it would be right up my alley all the same.
    The regular LAT is much different then a traditional DPG blend IMO. It is much more an ode to cuban blending IMO. Very floral, aromatic, strong tea notes, and a very clean long finish. It's a box buy easy IMO. The wrapper actually is a hybrid DPG gave to Oliva to grow in Ecuador an this is the first, and the SS the second, cigars that use it. I am very interested int he higher primming as well with the SS and am a huge fan of the size in general. Actually...I just talked myself into smoking one LOL... My guess is you will enjoy it.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    The regular LAT is much different then a traditional DPG blend IMO. It is much more an ode to cuban blending IMO. Very floral, aromatic, strong tea notes, and a very clean long finish. It's a box buy easy IMO. The wrapper actually is a hybrid DPG gave to Oliva to grow in Ecuador an this is the first, and the SS the second, cigars that use it. I am very interested int he higher primming as well with the SS and am a huge fan of the size in general. Actually...I just talked myself into smoking one LOL... My guess is you will enjoy it.

Yeah D I had heard that, supposedly blended to resemble quite closely the Behike lineup hence the 52, 54, and 56 as well as the appearance. Really looking outward to smoking each of them, just wish I could have grabbed either the sampler box of te Lats or one of the boxes in general but can't at the moment.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

Yeah D I had heard that, supposedly blended to resemble quite closely the Behike lineup hence the 52, 54, and 56 as well as the appearance. Really looking outward to smoking each of them, just wish I could have grabbed either the sampler box of te Lats or one of the boxes in general but can't at the moment.
    we can work something out in the near future. I'd gladly trade for Heisenburg's and SS, and I should have a 54 left and plenty of other goodies from...well...you no where lol
  • Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

So are you fellows saying the L’Atelier is cuban'esque? :-)
  • Options
    CharlieCordus:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

lol...yup! It actually reminds me of a cross between a bolivar and monte fresh. I'm sure the aging potential is no where near those two, but the profile and finish are there. Very good non cuban smoke IMO, and box worthy.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    CharlieCordus:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

lol...yup! It actually reminds me of a cross between a bolivar and monte fresh. I'm sure the aging potential is no where near those two, but the profile and finish are there. Very good non cuban smoke IMO, and box worthy.
    I LOOOOOVE the L'Atelier. ok, that is all.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

we can work something out in the near future. I'd gladly trade for Heisenburg's and SS, and I should have a 54 left and plenty of other goodies from...well...you no where lol
    Much appreciated D :) I am waiting for the SS and Heisenbergs to land, the SS' will be around two weeks since they aren't released until the 18th but PM me and we can start working something out ;)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

Much appreciated D :) I am waiting for the SS and Heisenbergs to land, the SS' will be around two weeks since they aren't released until the 18th but PM me and we can start working something out ;)
    You boys interested in a box split? I'm down if that's the case!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

Already preordered a box of te SS' and Heisenbergs are on their way since you got me hooked on them otherwise I would Jim!! Sorry bro :( Dustin might be up for it though but not sure and don't want to talk for him lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

What box are ya lookin at Shizz????

user="90+ Irishman"
    ^ I hear the little one has arrived. Congrats on the birth of your child Mr and Mrs Irishman.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Bigshizza:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:

What box are ya lookin at Shizz????

user="90+ Irishman"
    ^ I hear the little one has arrived. Congrats on the birth of your child Mr and Mrs Irishman.
    Rudy!!!! Bro it is awesome to see you! Was just wondering how you were the other day! Thank you for you r kind words bro and yeah he is 2 weeks old tomorrow, very happy :)
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    WElcome all you newcomers. Glad to have you. Hope your time here is life long. You wont find a better group of guys..
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    bumpity
  • Options
    MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
    Hello everyone! My name is Matt and I am friends with brianetz1. I am pretty new to cigars. I really only smoked cigars a few times a year at golf tournaments or fishing trips, that type of thing. My girlfriend got me a humidor for Valentine's day, and it was probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I could think of. I am also pretty new to message boards but heard everyone is great on here so I thought I would give it a shot to learn some things about cigars. Thanks!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Hi Matt. Welcome to the madness.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome, stick around, have some fun, and meet some great people
  • Options
    Welcome Matt and glad to have you aboard, enjoy yours,Ed and start participating its a great group ;)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Matt, welcome and have some fun!!
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt. Upgrade your mailbox
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Hello there Matt, nice name!!!! Welcome to the fray!!!!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MAWart:
    Hello everyone! My name is Matt and I am friends with brianetz1. I am pretty new to cigars. I really only smoked cigars a few times a year at golf tournaments or fishing trips, that type of thing. My girlfriend got me a humidor for Valentine's day, and it was probably one of the most thoughtful gifts I could think of. I am also pretty new to message boards but heard everyone is great on here so I thought I would give it a shot to learn some things about cigars. Thanks!
    I can't believe that nobody told you the rules, that you have to post your address when you introduce yourself. Welcome!
  • Options
    MAWartMAWart Posts: 137
    I was not told this. My buddy usually forgets details like this. Matt Stewart 5943 Royal Country Dr St. Louis MO 63129