Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Not only did the Vikings win but Farve is still on his feet!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well guys we are about to have kickoff for the first full day of regular season football! Let the trash talk begin, and good luck to everyone! Well, except all you damn Steeler fans! haha
    Ahem, don't be bitter because the Steelers took over the title of America's team.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Letsss Gooo Packers !
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Dallas did a great job of adjusting during halftime and it showed the second half. Although there were no returns, the special teams looked pretty damn good, and if they keep it up, that could turn into somewhat of an X-factor throughout the season. The run defense was horrible, and I expected a lot better job of pressuring the QB. Although I'm going by not watching the second half because of work, there seems to be more positive than negative though.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Well guys we are about to have kickoff for the first full day of regular season football! Let the trash talk begin, and good luck to everyone! Well, except all you damn Steeler fans! haha
    Ahem, don't be bitter because the Steelers took over the title of America's team.
    Haha Only in your mind my friend... Only in your mind. The Cowboys are STILL the most valuable team in the NFL.
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Miss the playoffs, and make that claim after the bandwagoners jump ship to the latest Super Bowl winner. Haha.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    bigbgballz:
    Letsss Gooo Packers !
    AND GO THEY DID!!!!! I think Cutler has a really good impersonation of Orton... :)
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Haha Only in your mind my friend... Only in your mind. The Cowboys are STILL the most valuable team in the NFL.
    Only in my mind, and Ross'.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ross_tucker/10/08/tucks.takes/

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Patriots game confused me a lot. They showed a poor defense, and an inability to finish drives, but really poured it on when it counted. Especially the kick return strip/"fumble"
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    All the news is saying how AWESOME the Pats are!..... Really if that guy takes a knee like he is supposed to in that situation, the bills win and there is no news!.......GREAT DAY TO BE A PATS FAN!!!!!!!!! GO PATS!
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Lasabar:
    bigbgballz:
    Letsss Gooo Packers !
    AND GO THEY DID!!!!! I think Cutler has a really good impersonation of Orton... :)
    LOL :)
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    WHAT HAPPENED!? The Bills were doing soooo well, then comes the dreaded 4th quarter :-(
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    WHAT HAPPENED!? The Bills were doing soooo well, then comes the dreaded 4th quarter :-(
    My second wish happened. My first was that the Cowboys would win now that TO is gone. My second was that TO and, unfortunately, the Bills would lose. Sorry the stench of TO is in Buffalo...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TO didnt really have much to do with it. It's been a curse since like 1990 that the Bills just can not play well in the 4th quarter. They have a great team, and an alright QB, but they fall apart every game :-(
    Ok, almost time for week 2 and football season is really getting underway now! There are going to be some tough matchups this weekend, and the big one for me of course... DALLAS VS. NY!!! First regular season game in the Taj Ma Jones, and the toughest division rival we have! The Cowboys defense HAS GOT TO control the running game! Brandon Jacobs is dangerous! If they can cut off ther run game and put some serious pressure on Manning, he will fold like a cheap lawn chair. Rattle his cage a couple times and he gets jumpy and forgets what color shirts his players are wearing... I know the Cowboys CAN do it... Now we just wait and see if they will.
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, almost time for week 2 and football season is really getting underway now! There are going to be some tough matchups this weekend, and the big one for me of course... DALLAS VS. NY!!! First regular season game in the Taj Ma Jones, and the toughest division rival we have! The Cowboys defense HAS GOT TO control the running game! Brandon Jacobs is dangerous! If they can cut off ther run game and put some serious pressure on Manning, he will fold like a cheap lawn chair. Rattle his cage a couple times and he gets jumpy and forgets what color shirts his players are wearing... I know the Cowboys CAN do it... Now we just wait and see if they will.
    I think they will. Jacobs will get his yards, but I don't think he's going to carve up the D like Tampa Bay did. An interesting stat; Romo is 4-0 against the Giants in the regular season.
    Should be a lot of good games this weekend. Carolina and Atlanta is one I'm looking forward to. I think the Panthers can pull it off and I think they need to. After such a bad loss last week they really need to step up and handle a good upper-mid level team in the league and show that they can bounce back. I have high hopes for them this year, but have a lot of doubts as well.

The other big game I'm looking forward to is New Orleans and Philly! This should be a DAMN good game between two of the best teams in the NFL right now. I think the Saints are my one of my top picks for this season to go all the way. Philly is tough, but I don't see them making it all the way. The loss of McNabb is a BIG hit to their offense and I think it will ruin the early part of the season which will make it harder for them to build any momentum to carry through the mid-late season when people are tired and hurting. I think the Saints can win this one!

Pittsburgh should handle Chitcago no problem... Da Bears blow... End of story.

And as far as monday night football goes, I am guessing the Colts will win this one, but Miami has suprised me before! Hopefully it will be a good hard fought game! I'm with G-Man on this one... GO COLTS! (They have always been a classy team in my mind.)
    I would love to see the Eagles go down. I'm so tired of hearing people talk about how great they are. Here's what bugs me about people picking them to win the Super Bowl, and everyone raving about them:

1- Sure, they made it to the NFC Championship game. But they caught some lucky breaks late, and they ended up losing to the Arizona Cardinals. Not to discredit what the Cards did, but they were a team that had won something like two playoff games in 50 years or something previously.

2-Westbrook can't stay healthy, and McNabb has had issues there as well. They finally have some WR's, but it might be too little too late as McNabb is getting old.

3- Yeah, the killed the Panthers. However, when a QB gives you five or six turnovers, you're expected to win that big. I doubt we see that with the Saints. The Saints are a better team

What really bugs me is that after the Giants made that miraculous run to the Super Bowl, and beating the first undefeated team since Miami, they still didn't get a fair shake the next season. They still had that dominate defense, they still had one of the WR's in the league, and they made a huge statement. I just don't understand how the Eagles can have less success in the previous year and come in with everyone riding on their bandwagon. I'm not saying the Eagles aren't a good team, but I haven't seen enough to crown them with anything yet.

Also, I hate the Eagles, so a loss would be great no matter what.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Should be a lot of good games this weekend. Carolina and Atlanta is one I'm looking forward to. I think the Panthers can pull it off and I think they need to. After such a bad loss last week they really need to step up and handle a good upper-mid level team in the league and show that they can bounce back. I have high hopes for them this year, but have a lot of doubts as well.

The other big game I'm looking forward to is New Orleans and Philly! This should be a DAMN good game between two of the best teams in the NFL right now. I think the Saints are my one of my top picks for this season to go all the way. Philly is tough, but I don't see them making it all the way. The loss of McNabb is a BIG hit to their offense and I think it will ruin the early part of the season which will make it harder for them to build any momentum to carry through the mid-late season when people are tired and hurting. I think the Saints can win this one!

And as far as monday night football goes, I am guessing the Colts will win this one, but Miami has suprised me before! Hopefully it will be a good hard fought game! I'm with G-Man on this one... GO COLTS! (They have always been a classy team in my mind.)

Thank you Mr. Puro for the props for the Colts! I think it will be a hard fought game as Parcells always worrys me. The Colts have a good team but some of the new guys are still settling into the NFL ...that can make it interesting ...or nervewracking depending on your point of view. Wish you were off work and lived close to me Puro we could enjoy some cigars and food and then enjoy the game on the 62" big screen man ...
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Thank you Mr. Puro for the props for the Colts! I think it will be a hard fought game as Parcells always worrys me. The Colts have a good team but some of the new guys are still settling into the NFL ...that can make it interesting ...or nervewracking depending on your point of view. Wish you were off work and lived close to me Puro we could enjoy some cigars and food and then enjoy the game on the 62" big screen man ...
    Would be good times man! Nothing beats football and cigars!!! Plus I've always been a Colts fan. I hope they have a solid season!
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Would be good times man! Nothing beats football and cigars!!! Plus I've always been a Colts fan. I hope they have a solid season!

Amen brother Amen
    LIFE IS GOOD!!! It's the 3rd qtr and the Saints are thumping the Eagle 31-13!!!! Damn that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! hahaha

The suprise game to me is the Jets beating the Pats! WOW! Who saw that coming? Of course you never know what will happen in the 4th with Brady at the reigns! But the Greenbay Cincinnati game looks like a nail biter tied up at 21!!! Damn I love football season!
    OH MY GOD! DID EVERYONE HEAR THAT??? It was the sound of the entire Steeler Nation **** themselves simultaneously! haha Sorry Luko, had to give ya some sh*t!
    PuroFreak:
    OH MY GOD! DID EVERYONE HEAR THAT??? It was the sound of the entire Steeler Nation **** themselves simultaneously! haha Sorry Luko, had to give ya some sh*t!
    Nah, we don't get too worked up. Cause unlike the Boys, we know we'll have a good team year in and year out and be in the playoffs/contention annually! Plus it's hard to get too upset when your team won the Super Bowl the year before...we're still basking in the glow man.
    Heartbreaker for the Boys ...but man Romo throws three picks ...
    COME ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL !!!!!! GO COLTS !!!!!!
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    COME ON MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL !!!!!! GO COLTS !!!!!!

Damn, the Colts better be able to pull this one out. The wildcat formation has me a bit concerned.
    gmill880:
    Heartbreaker for the Boys ...but man Romo throws three picks ...
    Worst.Game.Ever.

If Jerry expects me to watch a game in that monstrosity again, he needs to fix the monstrosity on the field. There's now way he's going to get people to pay those prices to watch a team with no heart.
    I have one comment about tonights game ...I would not want ANY quarterback other than Peyton Manning ...I'm not sure he's even human ...can you believe the throws he made ...damn what a game !!!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Peyton Manning is incredible. Tony Romo is garbage. The difference between these two players is night and day! To me Peyton is comparable to Michael Jordan when he played basketball. He didn't have to score all the points, but he made everyone around him better when he was in the game. Cowboys need to lose every game this year and start looking to draft Bradford, McCoy, Tebow.