Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I like this idea. I am new, but I like to think I have a decent pallate. Any rules against newbies getting in on this game?
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    I like this idea. I am new, but I like to think I have a decent pallate. Any rules against newbies getting in on this game?
    You gotta have some 25 posts and then would be great if you are on the Good Traders list - meaning you have completed at least one trade successfully...
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Renaissance_Man:
    ejenne87:
    You gotta have some 25 posts and then would be great if you are on the Good Traders list - meaning you have completed at least one trade successfully...
    That said, if you're looking to get on the good traders list, post something on the trading forum with stuff you have to trade.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    So who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    Joe, How's it going here? Had a chance to smoke any of the mystery sticks?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not yet, I'll probably start tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ok, I smoked cigar A today. A maduro robusto, light in the hand with a loose, airy draw. Some light throat spice on the pre-light draw with great volumes of smoke once lit. it burned well and at a moderate pace. Had some earth and pepper flavors going on, not terribly complex.

I'm not good at identifying maduros, I fail badly when it comes to distinguishing one from another. That said, I'm not at all confident in guessing that this was a CCOM Brazilian label.

Ok, had Cigar B today. Another robusto and another maduro, this one not as dark as the previous one with a more mottle appearance and some heavier veining. It had a very interesting sweetness to it that lasted most of the cigar in addition to some bitter espresso and dark chocolate. A solid burn and good draw. Again, I'm not confident in this guess, but I think Cigar B was an Onyx Reserve.
  • Options
    Interesting guesses! Excited to see what you think of Cigar C... As for A and B here it goes:

Cigar A - maduro, robusto, Camacho SLR

Cigar B - maduro, robusto, CAO Gold Maduro

Cigar C - to be decided ;)

I am surprised of your experience with both cigars! I wasn't too big of a fan of the CAO, but from your experience it seems you enjoyed it more... Maybe the camacho needed some more rest... Cigar C is a favorite of mine...
  • Options
    Honestly, I wasn't crazy about either cigar. Maduro cigars are not usually ones I go for. However, in the sense of objectivity, I gave them both a fair chance and tried to be impartial in judging them.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Honestly, I wasn't crazy about either cigar. Maduro cigars are not usually ones I go for. However, in the sense of objectivity, I gave them both a fair chance and tried to be impartial in judging them.
    Sorry... For some reason I though you were a maduro person... Blah... Well - I hope you like "C" then!
  • Options
    No apologies allowed...this is a mystery cigar game and they were mysteries to me alright.
  • Options
    Hey jozer, just got my box of 3 mystery sticks PLUS 2 extra. I've been wanting to try that Nub! Thank you! Now to get guessing!
  • Options
    On to Cigar C. Another robusto, this one a natural with a lightly veined and very toothy wrapper. Pre-light draw is very light, somewhat tight not a whole lot going on with flavor. Light is good, even burn and consistent draw, not a ton of flavor going on, mild in both flavor intensity and strength. My guess Verdadero Organic
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    On to Cigar C. Another robusto, this one a natural with a lightly veined and very toothy wrapper. Pre-light draw is very light, somewhat tight not a whole lot going on with flavor. Light is good, even burn and consistent draw, not a ton of flavor going on, mild in both flavor intensity and strength. My guess Verdadero Organic
    Good guess, but no. It is a Fonseca Vintage - personal favorite mild cigar... I hope you kind of liked some of the cigars. I would like your overall "rating" of them - would you smoke any of them again? Cheers!
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    j0z3r:
    Good guess, but no. It is a Fonseca Vintage - personal favorite mild cigar... I hope you kind of liked some of the cigars. I would like your overall "rating" of them - would you smoke any of them again? Cheers!
    Well dang, strike three, OUT! I would smoke the CAO Gold maduro again if offered one, I did not really care for the others very much.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    anyone?
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Jdorais:
    anyone?

Hey jo3zer I just finished cigar A. What a great stick! I'd say it was medium to full with an upfront onslaught of pepper during the first inch or so, then it mellowed out and gave me great notes of leather and "barnyard". Lots of smoke and a perfect razor sharp burn until the halfway point when it required a corrective light. Hints of pepper from the mid point to the nub.
    I would wager a guess and say it was either a Padilla Miami or the Casa Magna?
  • Options
    Cigar A was actually a Man o War Ruination robusto #1, not too far off on the guess though. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Cigar A was actually a Man o War Ruination robusto #1, not too far off on the guess though. Glad you enjoyed it.
    I've been really wanting to try one of those, but I've been a bit ...... what?......intimidated by it. Not scared of it anymore though. Hopefully a daily deal on these will show up soon. Thanks again.

jeff
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    I've been really wanting to try one of those, but I've been a bit ...... what?......intimidated by it. Not scared of it anymore though. Hopefully a daily deal on these will show up soon. Thanks again.

jeff
    Joe, was gonna try cigar C last night but the rain kept me indoors. I'll try again tonight since the rain has cleared.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:

jeff
    Joe, was gonna try cigar C last night but the rain kept me indoors. I'll try again tonight since the rain has cleared.
    Ok, so I just finished enjoying cigar "C". First it has nothing and I mean nothing on cigar "A".
    This cigar was medium bodied, with a tight pack. It burned well and lasted about 1 hour 15 min. It had a nice woodsy-ness to it and a white pepper finish developed at the halfway point. The last third was a bummer as the wrapper cracked staight down and looked just like the San Andreas Fault (which is about 1/4 mile from my home) It was very enjoyable non the less. My best guess is a La Gloria Cubana?
  • Options
    Still waiting for someone to be my mystery mooch....
  • Options
    Cigar C was a Felipe Power Triple R. Not a bad cigar, but not quite as powerful as it sells itself.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Still waiting for someone to be my mystery mooch....
    I have a vague knowledge of how this works... three get passed with no labels just an a,b,c.
    Mystery mooch person reviews within a few days and posts here. Sender then reveals names.

What I don't get is what comes next? Mooch asks for a mooch? and continues?

If thats the case, although I am not yet on the approved traders list, I am in SF and I am close enough to jdorais that he could drop em off on the way to work! lol.... besides, who could say that this was the face of a dishonest man [smiles]. Up to you all. So I unofficially apply to be a mooch.

• Options
    Yup, that's basically how it works. The first post in this thread has the rules etc.....
    Sooooo Rad, wanna be my mooch? PM you addy and if I happen to be in the neighborhood today or tomorrow I can drop 'em off on my travels.
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Yes, I will be your mooch :P lol That sounds so.. so.. bad :(
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Cigar C was a Felipe Power Triple R. Not a bad cigar, but not quite as powerful as it sells itself.
    Ok Joz3r just had cigar B and I'm stummped. It was earthy and musty with lots of pepper. It kind of remined me of a padilla 68, but they don't come in this size. Big flavor in this little cigar but a total void in my mind what it could be.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Ok Joz3r just had cigar B and I'm stummped. It was earthy and musty with lots of pepper. It kind of remined me of a padilla 68, but they don't come in this size. Big flavor in this little cigar but a total void in my mind what it could be.
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Jdorais:
    j0z3r:
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4
    Wow, I have had a few of the SCCC in the Robusto and #2 and they were no where near as flavorful. Thanks for turning me on to these.
  • Options
    The #4 is the best in show for that blend. Glad you liked it.