Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Yup, that's basically how it works. The first post in this thread has the rules etc.....
    Sooooo Rad, wanna be my mooch? PM you addy and if I happen to be in the neighborhood today or tomorrow I can drop 'em off on my travels.
    I just received the cigars jdorais. Perfect timing with the UFC 103 fight tonight! I may get to 2 of em.

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    rad1964:
    Jdorais:
    Yup, that's basically how it works. The first post in this thread has the rules etc.....
    Sooooo Rad, wanna be my mooch? PM you addy and if I happen to be in the neighborhood today or tomorrow I can drop 'em off on my travels.
    I just received the cigars jdorais. Perfect timing with the UFC 103 fight tonight! I may get to 2 of em.

Glad to hear they showed. Enjoy the fight.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rad1964:
    Jdorais:

Go Franklin!!!
  • Options
    So, here's my dilemma and what I was thinking as your cigars arrived today
    I had 5 cigars earmarked for fight day. One main one for me and 4 that my friends could choose from.
    But I knew I should start on yours right away. Choices, choices, choices.
    I started to prep around 3pm some baked stuffed shrimp/clam stuffing for some shrimp I had. Wile sauteing the garlic, onions and celery, I had a great idea. Spark up Cigar #1 for pre-fight cooking festivities!

CIGAR A
    First thing I noticed was how tight and impeccable the roll and construction was. The wrapper was slightly veiny with a nice chocolate color. The pre-light smell I noticed that nothing was really dominating, so I went straight on to the lighting.

The first taste there were nice hints of chocolate and vague spice I couldn't put my finger on yet.

By the 1st 3rd, it had a tiny bit of pepper on the back of the tongue along with that chocolate profile.

The 2nd third was more of the same, but the pepper got a little more aggressive but went nicely with the unknown spices and hints of cedar or wood.

The cigar went out, due to the very very windy day here in S.F., and as I would have let it go out anyways due to my tobacco/nicotine high.

The draw on the cigar was perfect while the burn was wavy but evened itself out.

A very enjoyable cigar I would be honored to have in my humidor. My guess: A Graycliff 1666 Pirate.

Go CroCop! (and Franklin too!)

btw... The stick I had earmarked for myself: A Graycliff Crystal Woot! Good choice if I was close jdorais!

• Options
    CIGAR B
    First thing I noticed was the nice chocolate color. The wrapper was had very little veins. The pre-light smell I noticed an earthy type of smell then I went straight on to the lighting.

At first taste there were earthy flavors with no distinct pepper or spices

By the 1st 3rd, it was very smoooth and the earthy notes were there to stay with a slight leather tone.

The 2nd third was more of the same, but a hint of spice and cedar.

Again, due to a break in the action and my skills being needed for stage 2 of feed the boys...The cigar went out and I may not have let it go out because my tobacco/nicotine high was not as potent as Cigar A. But it did.

The draw on the cigar was perfect and the burn was fairly even too.

A very enjoyable cigar, which reminded me a bit of the Sancho Panza flavor I like. I think with a little age behind this one it would probably sing a higher note!. My guess: A San Cristobal Guajiro.

CroCop lost because he couldn't see after a barrage of punishment form Junior DeSanto! (and Franklin lost also by TKO!)

• Options
    That's it for cigars tonight. Hopefully I can post Cigar C tomorrow.

• Options
    rad1964:
    That's it for cigars tonight. Hopefully I can post Cigar C tomorrow.

Rad, those were good guesses!
    Cigar A was the Auturo Fuente Sun Grown Cuban Belicoso.
    Ciagr B is one of my new favories; The Nording Robusto

As a matter of fact I think I'm gonna enjoy a Nording during the 49'ers game today.

• Options
    Auturo Fuente Sun Grown Cuban Belicoso, yum, and way cheaper then the Graycliff's, except that the weekly deal has em at $5 a pop. I can't pass that up. (Not with my new humidor on its way.. hungaring for all my stix.)

My throat hurts a little from last nights fight night, So no cigars for me today. I'll try and spark up Cigar C for lunch tomorrow.

• Options
    CIGAR C
    The wrapper was nicely rolled, the color a nice light chocolate brown, with a few little veins. The pre-light smell I noticed a light tobacco smell with hints of vegetable matter like squash or something, now on to the lighting.

At first taste there was a lot of pepper and spice.

The 1st 3rd, was very SPICY and the tobacco notes stayed. I noticed that the high/nicotine content in this stick is very high because I got a bit dizzy.

By the 2nd third the natural tobacco notes along with the spiciness wa there to stay. Although the burn was off so much I had to correct it. But very enjoyable. The draw on the cigar was fine.

With a little age on these I bet you'd have a superb smoke! A very enjoyable cigar, My guess: A Joya de Nicaragua Antano Consul.

• Options
    rad1964:
    CIGAR C
    The wrapper was nicely rolled, the color a nice light chocolate brown, with a few little veins. The pre-light smell I noticed a light tobacco smell with hints of vegetable matter like squash or something, now on to the lighting.

At first taste there was a lot of pepper and spice.

The 1st 3rd, was very SPICY and the tobacco notes stayed. I noticed that the high/nicotine content in this stick is very high because I got a bit dizzy.

By the 2nd third the natural tobacco notes along with the spiciness wa there to stay. Although the burn was off so much I had to correct it. But very enjoyable. The draw on the cigar was fine.

With a little age on these I bet you'd have a superb smoke! A very enjoyable cigar, My guess: A Joya de Nicaragua Antano Consul.

Nope. That Joya is my wish list, I've been wanting to try one. Cigar C was the Casa Magna Robusto.
  • Options
    ahhh, glad I got to try it! I will pm you when I get around to trying the other 2 included. Thanks!

So on that note... Who wants to be my mooch?

• Options
    Moochie moochie who wants moochie....?

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rad1964:
    Moochie moochie who wants moochie....?

Ok, I'll be your mystery mooch! I'm relatively new to this forum, but I'm already on the "good guy" list. I'll hit you up with a PM with my address.
  • Options
    Sounds good TatuajeVI shoot me your addy in a pm and I'll get a package out to ya ASAP.

• Options
    Awesome. Can't wait to give them a try!
  • Options
    USPS has them as of 4:20pm PST

• Options
    rad1964:
    USPS has them as of 4:20pm PST

4:20 International Cigar Enjoying Time.
  • Options
    Ok, got the mystery sticks in the mail from Rad. I'll get to them mid week and see how I do. :)

So who wants to be MY mystery mooch?
  • Options
    Mystery mooch anyone? You know you want to!
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Mystery mooch anyone? You know you want to!
    Don't worry, Tat, they'll come.. Give it some time... This one moves slow - I waited a whole month when it was my turn...
  • Options
    So I just smoked cigar "A" and brought a note pad so as I give it a full review. I wrote a lot down. :)

This particular cigar had quite a few imperfections in the leaf - little dots, if you will, in the leaf, and had quite a few veins in it. It was a torpedo shape, so I cut it with my cheap cutter. The pre-light draw was too heavy for my preference, so I cut it a second time. Sadly, the wrapper split away a bit from the cigar on the second cut (bad cutter!) which was slightly annoying for the entire cigar. My fault, new cutter is on the way thanks to the wife and our anniversary coming up.

Initially, the taste was a little musty and dank. I was a bit concerned the cigar was going to be terrible, but only for a few minutes. After that, it had a HEAVY body and a very strong flavor. Cedar, leather, and something I couldn't put my finger on that kept showing up throughout the cigar. The finish was pleasant, but strong. It was packed tightly, the first ash came at two inches - and would have gone further had I not dropped the cigar, lol.

The burn on this was incredible. I didn't have to touch the thing after the initial light. Even after the ash fell, it didn't need any corrections at all.

The flavor remained strong most of the way through. Medium-Heavy body for sure. There was a section in the middle where it became a bit boring and mellowed out, but it came on strong after a few minutes. The aftertaste was occasionally bitter, but in general was good. It reminded me of a Rocky Patel Edge or the Man o' War - heavy, but pleasant flavor. I'm pretty sure I've never had this before, so I really am at a loss for what it is.

The heavy body definitely gave me a strong buzz that is just starting to wear off as I am typing. It was a good cigar, but not spectacular. In hindsight, I should have eaten a good meal before this one!
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm still looking for a mystery mooch!
  • Options
    Good review TatuajehIV, it was a Graycliff, Profesionale, Pirate.

• Options
    rad1964:
    Good review TatuajehIV, it was a Graycliff, Profesionale, Pirate.

No kidding? I would never have guessed since that's my first. :) I'll hopefully get to cigar B tomorrow!
  • Options
    Haven't gotten to B and C yet. Still looking for a mystery mooch!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'll be your mystery mooch!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I'll be your mystery mooch!
    lol, I think this makes three trades you and I will have going at the same time. But you got it! I have a few I've been saving for this game!
  • Options
    So I finally was able to get to Mystery Cigar "B" after my vacation this weekend. My review:

This was a fabulously constructed box-press, darker color wrapper. The burn was epic - questionably the best burn I've ever had on a cigar. Didn't have to touch it after lighting her up with my new lighter, courtesy of the wife on our anniversary today. I even had to leave the cigar for a few minutes to go make another drink - a couple puffs and it was burning perfect again. I love that in a good cigar.

This cigar had two sections, if you will, to it. The initial first half was milder than the second - I would say medium bodied. It was a bit earthy, leather for sure, and had a cocoa flavor at times. It had a subtle sweet flavor to it. Very enjoyable, and smooth. The second half was heavier, not exactly a heavy body, but much closer to heavy. The earthy flavor was much more pronounced and the cocoa faded a little, but was still there. The sweetness was replaced by more of a bite - not unpleasant, but certainly a bit more pepper than sweet. I had a good buzz going by the last fifteen minutes, but not as much as Cigar "A" from last week. It helped that I had eaten more before smoking this one, lol. Total smoke time was about 90 minutes.

Final thoughts are simple - it was great. I really enjoyed this one. I really love box-pressed cigars - the burn seems to always be so good.

My guess for cigar "B" is Rocky Patel Vintage 1992.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    So I finally was able to get to Mystery Cigar "B" after my vacation this weekend. My review:

This was a fabulously constructed box-press, darker color wrapper. The burn was epic - questionably the best burn I've ever had on a cigar. Didn't have to touch it after lighting her up with my new lighter, courtesy of the wife on our anniversary today. I even had to leave the cigar for a few minutes to go make another drink - a couple puffs and it was burning perfect again. I love that in a good cigar.

This cigar had two sections, if you will, to it. The initial first half was milder than the second - I would say medium bodied. It was a bit earthy, leather for sure, and had a cocoa flavor at times. It had a subtle sweet flavor to it. Very enjoyable, and smooth. The second half was heavier, not exactly a heavy body, but much closer to heavy. The earthy flavor was much more pronounced and the cocoa faded a little, but was still there. The sweetness was replaced by more of a bite - not unpleasant, but certainly a bit more pepper than sweet. I had a good buzz going by the last fifteen minutes, but not as much as Cigar "A" from last week. It helped that I had eaten more before smoking this one, lol. Total smoke time was about 90 minutes.

Final thoughts are simple - it was great. I really enjoyed this one. I really love box-pressed cigars - the burn seems to always be so good.

My guess for cigar "B" is Rocky Patel Vintage 1992.
    Damn your good! Cigar B was a.... - Rocky Patel, Vintage 1992, Robusto, Habano

I thought the shape and taste might give it away. Are you familiar with this stick?

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rad1964:
    Cigar B was a.... - Rocky Patel, Vintage 1992, Robusto, Habano
    Hey rad, not to split hairs or anything, but the RP 1992 has an Ecadorian Sumatra wrapper. Just thought I'd share that with you, not trying to correct you or anything. :)