Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new folks I've missed!!
    Stick around for a while, soak up the knowledge, get involved in some trades/passes/bombs, and have fun!! Oh and you better get a bigger humidor sooner than later, LOL!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Stubble. Glad to have you here.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks jbibv and Bob!! Seems like a place one can pull up the chair and relax.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome stumps!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Welcome Stubble PM your ady, I'm a forum newbie so can't sponsor you but happy to send you a small hello :)!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcom Stubble. Find a nice humidor and then buy one 5 times the capacity. It is a slippery slope but oh so fun. Try samplers out and find what you like. Get some rep going and I am sure some guys here will make sure you get to try those sticks you are after.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone! I'm Eric and I'm new to the forums. I used to smoke casually at the local cigar lounge while finishing school and just getting back to it. Just looking for some time to relax, enjoy some of the finer things in life and hopefully learn a little more this time around. Judging from the threads I've read, you seem like a pretty knowledgable and friendly bunch. I look forward to getting to know you.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome (again), Eric!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Eric!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Hey everyone! I'm Eric and I'm new to the forums. I used to smoke casually at the local cigar lounge while finishing school and just getting back to it. Just looking for some time to relax, enjoy some of the finer things in life and hopefully learn a little more this time around. Judging from the threads I've read, you seem like a pretty knowledgable and friendly bunch. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Dang of there isn't a lot of Erics floating about. Welcome!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Hey Eric, welcome to the group. Got any favorite cigars that you have enjoyed lately, and where in Wisconsin do you call home.
  • Options
    Hi I am Tom and I am from Australia, awesome place! And smoke for like 4 years b
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Hi, Eric. I'm Eric! Eric's right, there's lots of us around.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    TomGreen:
    Hi I am Tom and I am from Australia, awesome place! And smoke for like 4 years by now
    Hello Tom, Welcome, it's nice to have you here with us.
  • Options
    Fish in a barrel, fellas... Fish in a barrel...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    Hey Eric, welcome to the group. Got any favorite cigars that you have enjoyed lately, and where in Wisconsin do you call home.
    I'm in Monroe, WI. About an hour south of Madison. I haven't smoked much lately. I'm just getting back into it. I do have a few sticks from the limited selection at our local B&M, which is more of a head shop with a walk-in humidor, that have been resting in my humi for a week now.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Welcome too all the newbs!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Puff_Dougie:
    Fish in a barrel, fellas... Fish in a barrel...

Sometimes it is to easy, isn't it.
    9405 9036 9930 0128 4465 10
  • Options
    ejgorman:
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    I'm in Monroe, WI. About an hour south of Madison. I haven't smoked much lately. I'm just getting back into it. I do have a few sticks from the limited selection at our local B&M, which is more of a head shop with a walk-in humidor, that have been resting in my humi for a week now.
    Well now is the time to broaden your smoking horizons. It is probably hard to find a great selection of cigars from a head shop. Mostly Drew Estates Infused stuff, along with machine made probably.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    Well now is the time to broaden your smoking horizons. It is probably hard to find a great selection of cigars from a head shop. Mostly Drew Estates Infused stuff, along with machine made probably.
    They do have Blondies and Kuba Kubas there, but also had some Fuentes, Romeo & Julieta, RP Edge and Punch. More of an all-purpose smokables shop than a head shop I guess. They have hookahs, some shisha, pipe tobacco and quite a bit of glass.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I had to go back a few pages, but I have all the information I need.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    kaspera79:
    ejgorman:
    They do have Blondies and Kuba Kubas there, but also had some Fuentes, Romeo & Julieta, RP Edge and Punch. More of an all-purpose smokables shop than a head shop I guess. They have hookahs, some shisha, pipe tobacco and quite a bit of glass.
    Welcome Eric, pm me right down the road...lol:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Welcome new additions....:) Check your PM's
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys. Great forum and a great bunch of guys (and gals).
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 69
    My name is Nick and I'm from Ny, where everything is becoming illegal. It's not enough that we have ridiculous cold through half of the year, but we also cannot smoke indoors. Unless you're home.

My wife has made that illegal.

I protest everyone by smoking in my garage. I've smoked cigars for 5 years now, starting with the Graycliff G2's and my palate leans more and more towards the full cigars. I've done one trade and can't wait to jump into more on the forum.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    TheGOAT:
    My name is Nick and I'm from Ny, where everything is becoming illegal. It's not enough that we have ridiculous cold through half of the year, but we also cannot smoke indoors. Unless you're home.

My wife has made that illegal.

I protest everyone by smoking in my garage. I've smoked cigars for 5 years now, starting with the Graycliff G2's and my palate leans more and more towards the full cigars. I've done one trade and can't wait to jump into more on the forum.
    Welcome Nick! What part of NY are you from?