Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Going to have to restock my Labatt soon if CBJ keeps losing and I keep having to drink my sorrows away.

Or maybe I should switch to Molson .... will see what's on sale.

Colder outside these days, dark at 530, & gardening season is officially over with the hard freeze we had last weekend. Winter'll be here soon so I had to stock up on a couple Xmas seasonal ales when I found them.
    (Something to drink on non-hockey nights).

Should last me until Thanksgiving, hopefully, LOL

Ho Ho Ho
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    jgibv:
    Going to have to restock my Labatt soon if CBJ keeps losing and I keep having to drink my sorrows away.

Colder outside these days, dark at 530, & gardening season is officially over with the hard freeze we had last weekend. Winter'll be here soon so I had to stock up on a couple Xmas seasonal ales when I found them.

Ho Ho Ho
    who you calling a ho?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    jgibv:

Ho Ho Ho
    Can't believe it's that time of year already. Hearing Xmas music right now is ridiculous. Thankfully seasonal beers save me from the madness
  • Options
    Glock1975:
    jgibv:

Ho Ho Ho
    Can't believe it's that time of year already. Hearing Xmas music right now is ridiculous. Thankfully seasonal beers save me from the madness
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jgibv... I keep forgetting you are in ohio. We should grab a beer and a cigar at some point. Seriously.

unrelated...
    today is stout day. Drink one and check in on untappd and you will get a badge.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Done. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww. I forgot. I drank a Pumpkin ale
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i had ipa day. had a heady toppah and another heady toppah
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Shocktop multi pack the other day big bold flavors not all good thou! the Honey in burbon cask..... Eewwa! (my jimmy fallon impression) twisted preszel mmm not so much, the shockolate not bad, and the belgum white was meh, so not sure how i feel about it probably wont buy it again, but good for a try.
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Jgibv... I keep forgetting you are in ohio. We should grab a beer and a cigar at some point. Seriously.

unrelated...
    Most definitely kuzi.
    I rarely make it up to your part of the state, but if I do I'll certainly let you know in advance.
    You do the same if you're ever down around Columbus.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    i had ipa day. had a heady toppah and another heady toppah
    I hate you. I can't even read this thread anymore. Heady is soooo good and soooo impossible to find.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    C-bus is only two hours away.
    any good bars?
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Is there any christmas beers anyone recommends, I was thinking of grabbing the st Bernardus christmas ale
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Is there any christmas beers anyone recommends, I was thinking of grabbing the st Bernardus christmas ale
    Sam Adams releases a chocolate bock around the holidays that I consider a christmas beer. Goose island has also put out a good one in the past.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully you beer experts can help me since I'm not a beer drinker. So my girlfriend and I are going to Australia so I can meet her parents (She's originally from there but is going to med school here in TN). Her dad loves beer but is under the impression that all American beer tastes like ***. I want to take him some beer to change his mind. What would you guys recommend?
  • Options
    Thanatos0320:
    Hopefully you beer experts can help me since I'm not a beer drinker. So my girlfriend and I are going to Australia so I can meet her parents (She's originally from there but is going to med school here in TN). Her dad loves beer but is under the impression that all American beer tastes like ***. I want to take him some beer to change his mind. What would you guys recommend?
    Tough to say without knowing what he likes. I'm a big IPA fan but I know lots of people aren't. There's so much good craft beer out there. I'd probably say anything from Stone is a pretty good start.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320:
    Can you find out what he drinks? I'm under the impression that all Australian beer tastes like *** (Fosters), so I haven't got a clue what you should bring him.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Thanatos0320:
    Can you find out what he drinks? I'm under the impression that all Australian beer tastes like *** (Fosters), so I haven't got a clue what you should bring him.
    My sister spent a semester in Australia and didn't see Fosters once.

I'm a New Belgium and Deschutes fan, so I would suggest a sampler of their stuff.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Got these the other day :)
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Got these the other day :)
    Mmmmm, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with alcohol. Life doesn't get much better.
  • Options
    My most recent purchases all from Hanger 24.

2 bottles of Falling Leaf - last years Gourdgeous that has spent 8 months in bourbon barrels.
    3 bottles of Pugachev's Cobra, (1) 2011 - 16.5%, (1) 2012 - 15.8% and (1) 2013 - 13.8%

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    My most recent purchases all from Hanger 24.

2 bottles of Falling Leaf - last years Gourdgeous that has spent 8 months in bourbon barrels.
    3 bottles of Pugachev's Cobra, (1) 2011 - 16.5%, (1) 2012 - 15.8% and (1) 2013 - 13.8%

??
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Thanatos0320:
    He was a lot of help = He said to bring anything that can only be found in America.
  • Options
    Yesterday was a Firestone Walker acquisition day. The 18th Anniversary Ale and a Winter Bundle 4 pack which includes the Velvet Mocha Merlin.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Yesterday was a Firestone Walker acquisition day. The 18th Anniversary Ale and a Winter Bundle 4 pack which includes the Velvet Mocha Merlin.

Man Todd that is looking good! I love stouts and porters with coffee or vanilla
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    bandyt09:

Firestone Walker is probably the one company I really wish would expand distribution to MI. There stuff sounds really good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    bandyt09:

Firestone Walker is probably the one company I really wish would expand distribution to MI. There stuff sounds really good.
    Well, there may be a few bottles in Chicago in December.........just sayin' is all.
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow read all through this thread and didnt read mention of the best brew ever Natural light..... j/k..lol Very seldom drink these days. I do see it is quite popular to pair a stogie with a good beer or some sort of spirit. When I do drink I usually enjoy a Sam Adams lager, octoberfest (I absolutely love) and winter lager. I stay away from whiskey etc. as I am not usually a nice person when such is consumed (Jack Daniels being the worst). Best perk of enjoying a good Sam Adams is most the people I hang out with are either keystone light or coors light drinkers and I have no worries of them dabbling in my cooler or fridge..lol
  • Options
    As some of you may know, I like beer. Now, I know when you run out of room in your humidor, you don't stop buying, you go bigger. So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge? Can't really go bigger and I've already got about another 30 bottles in a cooler in the garage so don't suggest a cooler either.

Yes, the door is pretty much full too:
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    As some of you may know, I like beer. Now, I know when you run out of room in your humidor, you don't stop buying, you go bigger. So, my question to you is: What happens when you outgrow your beer fridge? Can't really go bigger and I've already got about another 30 bottles in a cooler in the garage so don't suggest a cooler either.

Yes, the door is pretty much full too:
    I've got plenty of room in my fridge, Todd. I'd be happy to lease you some space. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon