Home Pipes

What did you get today?

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Nice Randy!! Enjoy bro!! My first pipe is a cob also
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. For a few years that 1-Q was all I smoked. Let us know about that White Knight, I've been curious about it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    So, when it comes to money...the score is pipes 1, cigars 0.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    So, when it comes to money...the score is pipes 1, cigars 0.
    Smoke all week for the price of a good cigar. My usual routine is pipe with coffee, after lunch, cigar after supper. I'm sure Uncle Sugar will catch on soon and demand his usual 1000% cut.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Got it today. The tobacco up top is Lane HGL I think
    One God, One Truth
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Ichi Kitahara Estate from my wife.
    imageimage
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2014 Winter goodness
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Nice
    jsnake said:
    2014 Winter goodness

I picked up a few of these as well, I have a question on the packaging, these are not sealed tins, the tobacco is in a cello bag in the tin so I'm guessing that it needs to be jarred? Has anyone tried storing 'as is'?  
    jsnake said:
    2014 Winter goodness

I picked up a few of these as well, I have a question on the packaging, these are not sealed tins, the tobacco is in a cello bag in the tin so I'm guessing that it needs to be jarred? Has anyone tried storing 'as is'?  
    You do want to store in my oponion. I had a Peterson's 2009 Christmas I never did store and just smoked out of the tin. The looks of all tins are deceiving. Much more tobacco in there then you think. Eventually the tobacco dried and at first it actually made it easier to smoke but in the long run it lost the flavoring and became bland and burned hot. 

I am no expert but I am jarring these and that seems to help. I have several holiday aromatics like these jarred for a couple years and they are holding up just fine. 

That Peterson's tin was magical. No matter how much I smoked it seemed to multiply. I really enjoys these types so I do not want to have to throw any out ever again. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. For a few years that 1-Q was all I smoked.
    I am having a bowl of 1-Q right now! Your post inspired me 

Ashy bowls, BOTLs!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    yes jar that stuff as soon as you open the tin and bag.
    Walked into my local b&m this morning and they had Bjarne Viking's marked 50% off.
    Very nice looking pipe!
    Walked into my local b&m this morning and they had Bjarne Viking's marked 50% off.

Burned 2 bowls of Esoterica Woodbridge last night, looks like this is going to be a very solid smoker.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Wrong thread sorry
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."

Sweetness

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.  What is that middle guy?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Very nice.  What is that middle guy?

It's the Kohlhase & Kopp 2015 Paris, rum, coconut and champagne
    Wife picked up a estate Medico Seafoam straight Apple. Looks to have been a handymans pipe, as it had some paint I cleaned off with vodka.

I am amazed how these old workhorses clean up!

Also seems to be a meer lined setup. Excited to see how it smokes!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    Wife picked up a estate Medico Seafoam straight Apple. Looks to have been a handymans pipe, as it had some paint I cleaned off with vodka.

I am amazed how these old workhorses clean up!

Also seems to be a meer lined setup. Excited to see how it smokes!

-Jay

Very nice, can you post some pic's?
    Nate, I will add some pics tonight. 
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Jake Hackert 2014image

Jake Hackert 2014image

Very sharp!
    Nate here is the Medico. It was in rough shape and looks a lot better now. Unsure if I can clean up the mouthpiece any further than this (any tips appreciated!).
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried oxyclean? Works well and doesn't leave a taste, as long as you rinse it well. Or maybe a super fine sanding.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake Hackert 2014image
    Is that a sticker on the left? If so its bad ass!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Have you tried oxyclean? Works well and doesn't leave a taste, as long as you rinse it well. Or maybe a super fine sanding.
    I smoked the Medico again last night, so need to clean it today. Any recommendations on how long to leave in the oxyclean? ~:10?

Thanks!
    Jay