Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    nOObAlliancenOObAlliance Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

Hello,

for  Just wanted to pop in and introduce ourselves. As you can see we are the nOOb Alliance. We just want to show our appreciation to you guys for all the help, advice, harassment, news letters etc. etc. Any noobs out there that would like to participate please let us know, I am sure there is plenty of room left in the mailboxes!

Welcome aboard! Have you signed up for the newsle....uhm nevermind probably wont work ...how about this i am a representitive for an druish princess whos needs your address to access millions of dollars she will share ??? 
    Thank you so much for thinking of us but we have had that and done that already. How about this, I could send you some nachos for some people who are "low" but some may not be able to read. They keep calling us the boob alliance for some reason? Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

for  Just wanted to pop in and introduce ourselves. As you can see we are the nOOb Alliance. We just want to show our appreciation to you guys for all the help, advice, harassment, news letters etc. etc. Any noobs out there that would like to participate please let us know, I am sure there is plenty of room left in the mailboxes!

Welcome aboard! Have you signed up for the newsle....uhm nevermind probably wont work ...how about this i am a representitive for an druish princess whos needs your address to access millions of dollars she will share ??? 
    Thank you so much for thinking of us but we have had that and done that already. How about this, I could send you some nachos for some people who are "low" but some may not be able to read. They keep calling us the boob alliance for some reason? Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.
    Well  am always lookin for some new nacho recipes, 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't do it vance, they are telling fibs
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    finally... this thread is a sticky.

wonder if we could get this restickied.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Noob Alliance!  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    @TheElectricMayhem

Oh hello cutie pie
  • Options
    Bump
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    BobJrBobJr Posts: 1
    Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a complete noob to the forum but have been smoking cigars with my dad (bob) for the past several years and have really enjoyed it. I'm lookin to learn more and meet some great folks as he talks quite highly of you guys. 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BobJr this is a fun bunch. Do we know your dad?
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BobJr

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome BOBjr great to have you 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Yes you do :smile: 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    ^Very cool
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BobJr Does that make you MikeJr in that other world we must live in?
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jr. 
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, @BobJr! Glad to have you with us. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Very cool!! Glad to have you Bob/Mike Jr.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jr. Have you signed up for our newsletter?
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BobJr highly recommend you sign up for the news letter  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man there 2 of em?

Kiddin. Welcome MikeBob Jr. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    boob alliance 
    scooby doo alliance
    noob alliance
    newb alliance
    enola's gay

Take your pick. Same song and dance. ROFL!

Oh yeah, welcome to all the newbies
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Nolagizmo said:
    Nice!!!!  Does he like to read???????????
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Bump! For Pastor Jay. http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/896160/newb-here#latest

Jay, will you tell us the circumstances about  how you recently discovered the joy of smoking cigars? 
  • Options
    Bump for the noobs, introduce yourselves
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I just found this forum and I've spent about an hour perusing the threads here. Looks like a great group of folk here.

I've been enjoying cigars for only about 2 years and got introduced to them by my wealthy brother-in-law. I started out by buying some $4-7 sticks and was happy for a while, but started trying the nicer cigars in the $8-15 range and can't seem to enjoy the $5 stuff anymore. Currently like Avo, Padron, Partaga, Oliva and a few others.

I tend to like the mild/med to med/full cigars and I do not inhale (much). That kinda sounds funny now that I said it. Bill C. must be laughing his a$$ off.

I just experienced the expected failure of my good ol' $39 Chinese humidor that did well for about 20 months and now can't seem to hold over 60% RH. I tried reseasoning and leak tests show nothing. Next thing you know I'm on the internet trying to find a good humidor and 15 minutes later, I've got a 150 count Waxing Moon on the way. Wait, how much did I just spend?

My 35 cigar collection is gonna look mighty small in there. I'll have to spread them out real well. :D

Anyway, looking forward to spending some quality time here.

Jim
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Jim

There is a buuncha great guys one here that are very knowledgeable and like to help out.. might try ridding yourself from your prison number.. Good to have ya and hope ya stick around.
  • Options
    Another Jim... Welcome. You got some shoes to fill with that name. If your looking for budget sticks try the curivari reserva limitada 1000 series. Fantastic smoke for 5-7 bucks. Also the devil site provides a way to get sticks at that price frequently
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome, guys.

kswildcat,

I did rid myself of the prison number. Thanks!

Usaf06,

Thanks for the rec on the Curivari series. I'd never come across that one before. I'll give them a shot after I get the new humidor ready. Do you have a preference for one over the others? Being new to cigar forums. what is the "devil site'?.

Looking at your ID, I think it's odd that I was in Squadron 06 at the Air Force Academy.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, and grab yourself a couple Illusione Rothchildes. You won't regret it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome