Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I started the afternoon with SA winter brew and the new Casa Magna Oscuro. Just like the original CM, it was a very slow burning stick. It lasted about two hours and I nubbed it. Very good Start, more to come...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    gmill880:
    Diamondog:
    Ok, starting my day off with a Macanudo Maduro, it's definately gonna be a multi day! EDIT.....Decent start to the day...I will be firing up a Cohiba Black next, this is my top choice for a maduro non ISOM, I loved this cigar from the moment I saw it, really sexy looking wrapper and band especially when its in a glass tubo and smokes like a dream!....this is my last one but I will definately be picking a pile of these up when I hit the Dominican on the 12th....if you are in the Sosua area there is a little open air bar there owned by a large Dutchman, sits about 10 people at the bar (no tables) classic rock blaring wonderful Dominican ladies looking to spend quality time with you ;).....the other half of the bar is a large walkin humidor loaded to the roof with sticks of all kinds, highly recommended if you are in area stop in have a pint or 5 and you will be in cigar heaven!!!! Can't remember the name but will update when I'm there if anyone is interested.

Hey Diamon where you staying in the DR ? I was there about 4 years ago and had a blast .
    Rented a condo about 5 minutes from Sosua....DR is an amazing place, I go down a couple times a year in the winter.....haven't travelled anywhere else for vacation in 3 years, love it there!
  • Options
    Today's cigar:  A. Fernandez Robusto.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chistle maduro just finished with 2 cups of coffee. Damn these are fantastic cigars, very nice aroma, sweet in the begining then after about half way the power kicks in. GOD these are fantastic. Well I know what the squirrel is getting next paycheck, some boxes of these. Now I have to try the Air Bender from LFD... When it comes out that is.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    So I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going out later tonight and enjoying a RP Decade! I didn't get the chance to last night so this is me making it up to myself. I figure it is only fitting!

Please tell I'm not the only person enjoying a Decade for a new decade. Or I really am just that lame......bahaha!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Hugemoose:
    So I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going out later tonight and enjoying a RP Decade! I didn't get the chance to last night so this is me making it up to myself. I figure it is only fitting!

Please tell I'm not the only person enjoying a Decade for a new decade. Or I really am just that lame......bahaha!
    Lol! you know I never really liked them too much. For some reason RP and I don't agree. I enjoyed the 09 summer blend and I do like the vintage 90 6x60.
  • Options
    Tonight I am deciding between a Bolivar #2, H upmann Coronas Major or a Hoyo De Monterrey Coronations....choices, choices.......
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Rocky Patel Fusion Torpedo.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Diamondog:
    gmill880:
    Diamondog:
    Ok, starting my day off with a Macanudo Maduro, it's definately gonna be a multi day! EDIT.....Decent start to the day...I will be firing up a Cohiba Black next, this is my top choice for a maduro non ISOM, I loved this cigar from the moment I saw it, really sexy looking wrapper and band especially when its in a glass tubo and smokes like a dream!....this is my last one but I will definately be picking a pile of these up when I hit the Dominican on the 12th....if you are in the Sosua area there is a little open air bar there owned by a large Dutchman, sits about 10 people at the bar (no tables) classic rock blaring wonderful Dominican ladies looking to spend quality time with you ;).....the other half of the bar is a large walkin humidor loaded to the roof with sticks of all kinds, highly recommended if you are in area stop in have a pint or 5 and you will be in cigar heaven!!!! Can't remember the name but will update when I'm there if anyone is interested.

Hey Diamon where you staying in the DR ? I was there about 4 years ago and had a blast .
    Rented a condo about 5 minutes from Sosua....DR is an amazing place, I go down a couple times a year in the winter.....haven't travelled anywhere else for vacation in 3 years, love it there!

Sweet ... looking forward to getting back myself
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked one of my few remaining Tarazona Classic Torpedos tonight. Have to be sparing with these as it doesn't look like any more will ever be produced. With quality craftsmanship that the Oliva family is known for and master blender Eddie Tarazona producing the blends for these, they really are one of the best sticks I've ever smoked. Given I've only been enjoying cigars for about 8 months now, I've smoked a lot and these rank among my very favorite. Unfortunately, the owner ran the company into the ground and it's not looking good for any more production. I'll probably stick my remaining 6 sticks in the aging humi. Fellas that I've sent these to, smoke them sparing. Soon, you might very well be holding the last stick.
  • Options
    undulac:
    Rocky Patel Fusion Torpedo.
    Those are good! When I'm in the mood for a sweet cigar I grab one of those. I swear I feel like I am eating candy when I smoke one. Which reminds me, I need to go get some more when I have some open space.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a Black Dragon robusto a friend gave me about two weeks ago. I like the bigger sizes better but this wasn't bad at all. I did have some brn issues. Near the middle the wrapper didn't want to burn. That may be because I put it out half way through and when I picked it back up it was in the cold for like 7 hours.
  • Options
    That Churchill RP Decade I had last night was great. Full flavor all the way and it never missed a beat. Very tasty stick! I do tend to favor RP though so I had a feeling I would like this. Oddly enough I was expecting it to be more full bodied. It was much more a medium smoke for me which actually suited me just fine. Full flavor with medium body is near perfect in my book.

Tonight will probably be nothing. It is close to 20* around here so I go out less often even with the heat cranked in the garage. Plus my humidity is struggling to keep up. With this frigid air it's a chore to keep it high even with the beads.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Had one of my beloved 5Vegas Cask II's at my local b&m .............. it was enjoyable while watching the sloppy oklahoma st. ole miss game ..... my god that game was brutal as far as turnovers go...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva Serie O...Thanks to Evan...very tasty smoke indeed. I am becoming a big fan of the Oliva family. Next was an AB Maxx. Love the thick flavor this stick brings to the table.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Oliva Serie O...Thanks to Evan...very tasty smoke indeed. I am becoming a big fan of the Oliva family. Next was an AB Maxx. Love the thick flavor this stick brings to the table.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that Oliva. The O in both wrappers are a couple of my go-to smokes.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Fired up a ACID Opulence 3 today...... Wow. I have never been a fan of ACID but this thing was great IMO. I Need to find someone willing to split a box of these bad boys with me.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night for my first smokes of the new year, I lit up a Cugine robusto which was fantastic as always, then followed it up with one of my all time favorites, a 601 Green! Mmmmm.... Started out with a nice mild but flavorful smoke, then finished up with a full bodied and full flavored powerhouse! Not to mention the SEVERAL glasses of Maker's Mark! Good night around the fire!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had my last Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro. I had to smoke it because it took up too much room in my humi. I've had this cigar since August of 08. Pre light smell and draw were of cedar. Because this cigar was not wrapped in cello you could smell and taste the cedar even more. It was a good smoke. Took me list 3 hours so smoke it. Burn was almost spot on the whole 9 inches and draw was great. I was sad to see this go but I do have some Work of Art and Classics left.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Ugh the winter is rough on some of us...It's been cold here in Pa, about 20 or colder at night. I fired up a Nording while walking the dog but it was so cold and windy, I just couldn't get it to burn. I don't want to smoke in the house and don't have a garage or anywhere else set up to smoke.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Well it is 8am in sunny san diego and I am enjoying a great mug of jamaican blue mountain coffee along with a Nub Connecticut ... Love these cigars for a morning smoke... Good pregame session for when the chargers destroy the skins later today
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to try the Diesel Unholy Cocktail I got a few days back on New Years Eve. I'll most likely wait for the Pats to beat the Texans then have a beer and a smoke. I hope they've rested long enough.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    KCW:
    I think I'm going to try the Diesel Unholy Cocktail I got a few days back on New Years Eve. I'll most likely wait for the Pats to beat the Texans then have a beer and a smoke. I hope they've rested long enough.
    The Pats better watch that Texan defense! Of course they don't have to worry about Houston beating them with field goals.... They can't even hit a freakin extra point! lol
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    KCW:
    The Pats better watch that Texan defense! Of course they don't have to worry about Houston beating them with field goals.... They can't even hit a freakin extra point! lol
    LMAO. Guess we're restin' some guys now in the second half. Wish they had done that in the first half! Can't wait for that cigar!!!
  • Options
    had a camacho pre embargo last night with a couple yuenglings and a couple of winter lagers. i honestly was unimpressed if not dissapointed with the PE. there wawsnt anything spectacular about it and it even started tunneling towards the last third. hopefully this one was a fluke!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Got a 5er of Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro's in a couple weeks ago and finally got around to trying one. This was the first Indian Tabac cigar I've ever smoked. I really enjoyed it. Great, flavorful, full bodied smoke. Burn was a little uneven but I was driving around with the sunroof cracked and 35 mph winds outside so I'm sure that's what caused that. I'm looking forward to seeing what these sticks have with a little age on them.
  • Options
    I am gonna have a RP Connecticut......
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Benchmade by Ashton
    Artigas Puro
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
  • Options
    MAN O WAR corona.
  • Options
    El Primer Mundo Rosado Oscuro Figurado, my new favorite smoke.