Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008... This was the FIRST 5 Vegas cigar I wasn't thrilled with... The flavor was so-so, and worse yet it had horrible burn issues. Upon pre-light inspection I noticed lots of flaws in the wrapper, the roll was very loose at the foot and very tight at the top. I spent more time doing corrective lights than I spent smoking. One side constantly and consistantly wanted to not burn at all. It really detracted from the whole experience. By the end of it all I just sat there thinking, "Man, what happen to the 5 Vegas I've come to know and love???" Every other 5 Vegas cigar I've had I've absolutely loved and the construction was flawless... This was anything but...

A real disappointment...

AAAAHA, so it wasnt just me!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked the Monti Media Noche that I got a while back in the cotm club. Big sucker. Was not impressed at all. Ended up getting rid of about 3 inches of it. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.

Driving the car today so no smoking for me.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Smoked that Key West freebie today. Wasn't bad, wasn't really good either. I definately don't recommend buying any.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

To day after lunch Bolivar robusto- draw a little tight but good nonetheless

• Options
    Just got done with a Legends copper label (Drew Estate). I know there aren't many infused cigar fans around here, but damn that was a good smoke. You really should give it a shot, it has definately earned a place in my regular rotation.
  • Options
    I also fired up a Bolivar today, my last lonsdale. Holy 2 hour smoke, i was getting antsy because i had stuff to do! Like gmills robusto the draw is a tad on the conservative side but you get a lot of smoke. Nice woody, sweet almost burnt sugar taste. Need to order more, really good everyday smoke.
  • Options
    Just smoked a Cohiba XV 652. Good smoke to start, but when it hit about half way, it turned into a really good smoke, nice balance, full flavor.  Definately smoking some moreof these in the future.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just got done with a Legends copper label (Drew Estate). I know there aren't many infused cigar fans around here, but damn that was a good smoke. You really should give it a shot, it has definately earned a place in my regular rotation.
    My two Favorites in the Legends Line are the Copper, and the Purple. I will pick up a few of each next time I'm in an ordering mood.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I also fired up a Bolivar today, my last lonsdale. Holy 2 hour smoke, i was getting antsy because i had stuff to do! Like gmills robusto the draw is a tad on the conservative side but you get a lot of smoke. Nice woody, sweet almost burnt sugar taste. Need to order more, really good everyday smoke.
    Hey Vinny, can I interest you in a partial box of Bolivar lonsdales I have? They are not my cup of tea, but I still hate to just toss them. If you'd like them, however, they're yours.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:

That was my first "real cigar" the copper label. I thought I had found the holy grail. My palate has changed a bit, but I still have a few of those.

Had a Sol Cubano Cabinet earlier - pretty good smoke for the money. Tonight I am having a RP Decade. I am not gettin' much of any kind of complexity or flavor from this. It's my second one, so I don't think I am going to change my view on this one. Don't think I will be purchasing any more soon... :)
  • Options
    Attempted a couple today, eventually the cold, wet outside won. First I tried an Omar Ortez Original toro, a cigar I've been looking forward to with much anticipation and it disappointed greatly, the flavor is just not there. A bit later I settled down with a DPG Vegas Cubanas corona, a nice smoke that got cut short by the bone chilling (by California standards) cold. My feet were chilled through and through due to a combination of wet boots and standing on cold concrete all day, one thing I cannot stand is cold feet.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Edition. One of the first cigars I ever smoked. Still like it.
  • Options
    Joe, you got PM
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Joe, you got PM
    and to you, good sir.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Tumbler:
    Looking for Urbi's humi and a couple of friends - can some one point me in the right direction
    Follow the yellow brick road, Dorothy.

It's windy as HELL out, but I'm gonna try to smoke something anyway. Cuz that's just how I roll.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oh, and I forgot to post my smokes, yesterday.

I had a Perdomo ESV '91 with a cup of coffee, which is a consistently great combination, IME.

Then, having noticed I'd been smoking all old favorites recently, I decided to try something new. I pulled out the locally-rolled torpedo that doody sent me a while back. This thing was beautifully constructed. Great, silky, Connecticut wrapper, and it smoked great. It didn't seem to have a lot of flavor, though. The 2nd-hand smoke smelled great, so I kept expecting the flavor to really kick in; it just never did. Sorry, doody.

Now I'm gonna go out and smoke one of the La Aurora 1495's that j0z3r sent me. This'll be a new one for me, too.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    alienmisprint:
    My two Favorites in the Legends Line are the Copper, and the Purple. I will pick up a few of each next time I'm in an ordering mood.
    I really dig the purple label (graycliff) as well, those are the only two I have tried in the line yet, but I do have a sampler of them waiting on me at home. So close.........
  • Options
    Just finished a San Cristobal(WOW,YUMMY) and watching the Bridge over the River Kwai
    WAs that Obi Wan Kenobi??
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wow, that makes me sad about the house blend, Urbi. They are quite mild, and I wonder if they just go bland over time. I've never had any on hand long enough to notice. That was an EcSu wrapper, BTW, which is shaded very close to a Connie. I've had a few different shapes, and the torpedo is now my least favorite in the lot. The best has been the robusto, so maybe I'll have to get you one of those.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Nothing for me again today. Driving my car again. The roof of my mouth has been raw from smoking so I'm giving it a rest till problably Thursday.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Did not smoke anything on my first two days off, but made up for it today.

First was a Blue Label don't know who made it or where I got it from and it doesn't matter nothing good about it, smoked like cardboard.

Second was an RP 92 churchhill, didn't get good until the last third, which was a bummer.

I am going to try for a third just don't know what yet, but need something to end on a good note.

• Options
    Just got done with a Cuesta-Rey Centenario robusto. Real good smoke, very creamy with a little toastiness, right up my alley.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Tumbler:
    Looking for Urbi's humi and a couple of friends - can some one point me in the right direction
    Follow the yellow brick road, Dorothy.

It's windy as HELL out, but I'm gonna try to smoke something anyway. Cuz that's just how I roll.

FOLLOW THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD?

Follow the yellow brick road!
  • Options
    Oh ah yeah. I had another Ashton VSG enchantment today - Great smoke. I am having a Oliva G at the moment and I do like this one also. Good smoke day!
  • Options
    Having a RP Winter blend right now, they should take the warning from the Edge box and place it on this one,,,, they wouldnt lying on the Winter...much more power from RP on this one
  • Options
    The last smoke of the day for me is gonna be an Ashton VSG torpedo with some Shiner Bock beer while I watch it rain from the garage.
  • Options
    It's raining from your garage? What in the world happened? Plumbing problem?
  • Options

dutyje:

Yea a leak in the attic, the plumber is on his way.

• Options
    Just smoked a Gurkha Black Dragon Robusto, two thumbs up.
  • Options
    dep691:

dutyje:

Yea a leak in the attic, the plumber is on his way.

That's why I always urinate in the bathroom.