Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    dutyje:
    dep691:

dutyje:
    It's raining from your garage? What in the world happened? Plumbing problem?

Yea a leak in the attic, the plumber is on his way.

That's why I always urinate in the bathroom.

Thanks for the insight of where you piss.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    dep691:

dutyje:
    It's raining from your garage? What in the world happened? Plumbing problem?

Yea a leak in the attic, the plumber is on his way.

That's why I always urinate in the bathroom.
    ... he has a whiskey drink, he has a vodka drink, and when he takes a leak, he'll use the kitchen sink !
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Fired up an Ashton Heritage tonight. Call me an amateur, but this was probably the best tasting cigar I've ever had. Fuller than the Ashton classic which is my favorite cigar right now, but the flavor was outstanding. I don't think I would have this as an everyday smoke, but I'll definitely stock a couple to bring out on special occasions.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Today was a El Rey Del Mundo Flor de Llaneza - about an hour and fifteen minutes-like the E R D M 's alot
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Just came in after firing up a La Herencia Cubana Toro. I had one of these in the fall, and it had horrible construction issues which ruined the experience (horrible draw and unfixable canoeing). The burn on this was merely OK, but the draw was perfect. The flavor on this was uninspiring. I have absolutely loved the robustos I had, and am 1 for 2 with the lonsdales. The toros just don't do anything for me. I've got one lonsdale left, but I think I'll probably stick to the robustos in the long run, as they have been consistently excellent.

On a bright note, I think I'm beginning to taste the difference between the different "spice" notes of a cigar. This had a milder, sweeter spice through the nose -- not the full on pepper of something like a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, or the 601 Black. I enjoy this milder spiciness. The overall aroma was very good. If you're interested in this brand, grab some of the smaller sizes, as they seem to deliver a fuller flavor and body.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I've had a 5 Vegas 2008 Limitada burnin a hole in my humi for about a month. I lit it up today and it was plugged like crazy...I got a headache trying to smoke it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    smbrink:
    I've had a 5 Vegas 2008 Limitada burnin a hole in my humi for about a month. I lit it up today and it was plugged like crazy...I got a headache trying to smoke it.
    I have one too. I'm gonna have it really soon. Sorry it was plugged up so much. Hopefully mine will not be.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    Hmmm, seems like mostly bad news I'm hearing on the Limitada...I've had one resting for prolly bout two months and I've getting less and less interested in smoking it.
  • Options
    smbrink:
    Ya know, I had the same problem with that stick too. Got it in a Cigar of the Month, and broke my rule. I should have let it rest. I got one more chance at making this one a winner. In August or September..
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    Wow, that makes me sad about the house blend, Urbi. They are quite mild, and I wonder if they just go bland over time. I've never had any on hand long enough to notice.
    No worries, bubba. I'm glad to have gotten to try it. If you send me another in a trade or something, I'll be sure to smoke it sooner.
    dutyje:
    That was an EcSu wrapper, BTW, which is shaded very close to a Connie.
    Really? Wow. I've never seen an EcSu that pale. Looked just like a Connie. Even had the same silky feel.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    smbrink:
    Hmmm, seems like mostly bad news I'm hearing on the Limitada...I've had one resting for prolly bout two months and I've getting less and less interested in smoking it.
    Don't believe the hype. I've had some of the '06, '07 and '08, the only problem I had was an over humidified '06 that wouldn't burn well. Patience is worth having with the Limitadas, however, and will pay off with a very nice smoking experience. Some have had bad luck, I OTOH have had nothing but good...well and a splash of "ehh". One note on the Limitadas, if the draw happens to be a little tight after the initial cut, try cutting a bit more. Most of the Limitadas I've had required a larger than normal opening to smoke well.

Tonight was a Perdomo ESV '91 second toro. I probably sound like a broken record by now, but I love this cigar. Like a sharp crew-cut, you can set your watch by it, it is that consistent.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hey, hope everyone has had a good week and weekend. I am just returning after 4 days off and I might have done a bit of smoking and drinking! haha

I got to enjoy several good smokes over the week too! First thing I had was an Edge Lite and it really wasn't that bad. I prefer the Maduro, a more full bodied smoke, but the lite wasn't terrible. It was a nice change of pace. My next smoke was a 5 Vegas Classic! Mmmm... Glad I got more of these! Also got to try a Kristoff, a Nording, and a Victor Sinclair Series 55 red label. All good smokes but the Nording was amazing! Going to be picking up a few of these when I get a chance! To say the least it was a pretty good 4 days of smokes!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Also got to try a Kristoff
    Tell me a little more about the Kristoff buddy. That B&M I found in St. Louis had them and I wish I had grabbed a few. They were the new fave of the owner and his son in law.
  • Options
    I thought it was a great smoke! It had lots of flavor and was quite a bit of body to it. It was very smooth with some sweet notes and some cedar from what I can remember. I smoked it when fairly early that night, but ended up getting REALLY drunk so it's a lil fuzzy now. haha But I would recomend it for sure. It had great flavor and perfect burn and draw!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Cool thx for the mini review :)
  • Options
    No prob! I wish I could offer you some more info. It was a good smoke and one I will try to pick up again soon. It was a torpedo that I smoked, around 5.5 x 52 I think and it took around 2 hours to smoke.
  • Options
    Last night I had a Gurkha Royal Brigade and a Monte Media Noche. Between these 2, there was no contest: the Monte mopped the floor with the Gurkha.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    This afternoon I had a Petrus Reposado No. 5000 which I enjoyed quite a bit, and this evening finished up with a Punch London Club, also very tasty.
  • Options
    This morning I had a Don Diego Playboy - wasn't really impressed and had some burn issues. It went out three times and finally I just stopped re-lighting it. I really like the Don Diego Aniversario, but the Playboy definitely isn't one of my favorites. Tonight, I had a Fonseca. Another one I really wasn't impressed with and found the flavor to be plain nasty. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    Hey Shawn, I've had Fonsecas before and was very pleased with them. I found The Fonseca to be a well constructed flavorful cigar, and a great value. I have a Don Diego Playboy resting and can't comment on that one.. yet.
  • Options
    Hey Kas, Maybe I'll give it another chance. I like to try things at least twice before deciding I don't like them. Resting right now I have a CAO LX2. I think I'll let it rest a bit longer...I'm a little afraid of it. lol
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    urbino:
    Last night I had a Gurkha Royal Brigade and a Monte Media Noche. Between these 2, there was no contest: the Monte mopped the floor with the Gurkha.
    Really? I have had both and did not like the Monti at all. However, I have had a few royal brigades and only one Monti.
  • Options
    Rocky Patel Decade- Amazing smoke... absolutely loved it, buying a box as soon as my local store gets one in for me.... Then i smoked a La Flor Dominican red label... it started off with a really intense spicy flavor, then about half way down it started to have some serious burn issues.. it started running and went out twice, then after i fixed the burn issues it mellowed out and ended in a fantastic smoke, overall i say it was okay, might smoke one again after it ages for 6-8 months. Also got a shipment in from ccom today :) and spent about 100 bucks on some super premiums at my local shop. Got a couple opus x Reserva D'chateau's for 16 bucks a pop...
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I can't tell you about the Fonsecas, haven't had them before, but just had a few arrive today (Habana Seleccion Cosacos, interestingly individually wrapped in tissue.) Will give one a try in a few days.
  • Options

Today was a 3 cigar day, well almost anyway. Started after lunch with a H Upmann Reserve, very tasty,really enjoy the reserve and this was about an hour altogether. Then about 4:00 lit up a good 'ol Java Robusto Maduro. Anyone thats a regular on here knows how I feel about these. Smokin along feelin' good about being able to do this at work when I get a phone call and have to go back inside. 5 minutes later I come back out,lighter in hand, knowing she's gone out. Looking at the porch railing where I had set it down and its gone! I look over the rail and there lays my beloved Java,about 1/2 smoked, harrowingly close to a damn dog terd! A damn dog terd! Well, as much as I love these I'm not picking up a stogie thats rubbed elbows with a dog terd! Tonight I just finished a Gurhka Rare Breed Maduro robusto. As with the first one a coupla days ago the flavor is outstanding, and as with the first one burn issues again, went out about 5-6 times, It was a chore for the flavor but was slightly mule-lipped over the burn issue.

• Options
    I attempted a Padilla Achilles salamon this afternoon, the draw was tight and I wasn't able to get a whole lot from it, after a couple inches I decided to lay it down. I decided to go out for a night smoke and get in some reading, the choice was a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño robusto. I had heard the Antaño was a full bodied smoke, but I wasn't quite prepared for exactly how full it was...90 minutes, and a severely burned finger tip, later I stood up and my knees almost buckled underneath me. This was a very, very good cigar and just the kind of full bodied treat I've been aching for. I don't even have words to describe this one, suffice to say I will be keeping these on hand. The only drawback was the burn, it was one that required almost constant attention due to the thick wrapper not wanting to burn evenly, or at all, in some places. Man...my head is still reeling.
  • Options
    j0z3r musta been the night for burn issues coast to coast huh ....
  • Options
    The Antano sounds good though
  • Options
    Burn issues or not, the Antaño was excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a good powerhouse Nicaraguan puro. And the burn issues could have stemmed from an early diversion of mine that let the cigar burn on its own causing a moderate tunnel. Needless to say, I'll be smoking more than a few of these in the near future.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    Really? I have had both and did not like the Monti at all. However, I have had a few royal brigades and only one Monti.
    I've had several of both (and still have a bunch of both). I like the Royal Brigade, but I like the Media Noche much better. That's me, though. Somebody with different flavor preferences will think differently.