Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    urbino:
    Hmmm. They sound really strong. Are they?

I was worried about that too as I only like Med. to Strong so far nothing full blown strong. I had one last night actually and it was GREAT.

I did find that the "sweet spot" for my taste was best at about the halfway mark, but it didn't over power me at all.

I didn't even eat that much for supper prior to sparking this stick up.

They are definately a substantial size and weight !
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I enjoy a full-on strong cigar every now and then, but not often enough to waste a wish on them.

On your recommendation, though: I wish for some Oliva Serie V Liga Especials.
  • Options
    Could also offer NUB's in the Connecticut wrappers or the Habano's they are both the 460's. Either or mix it as you wish.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I enjoy a full-on strong cigar every now and then, but not often enough to waste a wish on them.

On your recommendation, though: I wish for some Oliva Serie V Liga Especials.

Comin' at ya Urb's. I think I still have your addy.
  • Options
    I will get these out in the morning Urb's and I will send it in as fast a method as I can so as to keep the game rolling along. Lately the mail here has taken a slow down for the holidays but like everything in life a little extra grease and things slide along just fine.
  • Options
    Top notch. Thanks, doogie!
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

laker1963:
    urbino:

I was worried about that too as I only like Med. to Strong so far nothing full blown strong. I had one last night actually and it was GREAT.

I did find that the "sweet spot" for my taste was best at about the halfway mark, but it didn't over power me at all.

Very good smokes.

• Options
    dep691:

laker1963:
    urbino:

Very good smokes.

I agree, these are VERY good smokes. How do you compare them with the Master Blends 3 Dep?
    I have only had one of the Master Blends 3 (from you) and it was fantastic!
    These Liga Especials are very different from others in the Oliva line that I have tried. I really like 'em.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Hey Laker, both are very good, I prefer the Master Blends because to me they have a fuller flavor then the V's. They are stronger but more rounded with a medly of flavors, like every once in awhile while smoking an MB3 you get hints of clove flavors in the smoke. When I say stronger, they are not overpowering, but you know you have something that would stand up to a good scotch or cognac and not be overpowered by the drink. Now the V like you said takes a little to get to the sweet spot, MB is from the get go.

• Options
    Wish away, doogie! My "ornament" (as it says on the mailing label) arrived today.

You weren't kidding about these double toros being hefty, were you? Holy moly. And thanks for the extra fistful of Nubs!
  • Options
    urbino:
    Wish away, doogie! My "ornament" (as it says on the mailing label) arrived today.

You weren't kidding about these double toros being hefty, were you? Holy moly. And thanks for the extra fistful of Nubs!

Thanks Urbi. Hope you enjoy them all. Those NUBS in the Conn. Wrapper were a VERY pleasant surprise for me, that's why I included them. Let me know your thoughts on them.

So now for my wish I think I will ask (beg) for some Oliva Series O Maduro. They sound like exactly what I am looking for in a cigar at this time. I love the carmel/toffee flavors right now.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm, after checking things out a little more thoroughly I see that my chances of getting these sticks as a make a wish situation is low to non-existent. So I will give it some more thought and come up with another choice. I will put it out there however that if anyone has some of these and they are willing to trade a few I will put together a real nice package in return.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    You sure about that? The Oliva V Maduro is rare, from recent posts... but the Oliva O Maduro seems to be all over the place.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    You sure about that? The Oliva V Maduro is rare, from recent posts... but the Oliva O Maduro seems to be all over the place.

OK so maybe I should hold out a little longer. I haven't come up with another choice yet anyway so the Oliva Series O Maduro it is... at least for now. Can anybody hook me up with these sticks?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Laker, I can fulfill this wish...hit me up with a PM with your address and I may be able to get them in the mail tomorrow...otherwise I will be out of town until next Sunday :/
  • Options
    Hey thats KEWL bbc thanks. PM sent.
  • Options
    Damn, I could have hooked up that wish too!
  • Options
    Ha, well, maybe I'll wish for something you can hook up
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I was thinking about this thread a little while ago...what's going on with it?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Waiting on Bbc020 to make a wish. Wish away dude, i just stocked the humi with all kinds of off the wall stuff!
  • Options
    Well Doug hasn't reported getting his wish just yet, so he might be the one we're waiting for...and if bbc wasn't able to get it out right away, that would explain everything.
  • Options
    Still waiting for it to arrive in Laker's possesion...unfortunately, the package went out on 12/22 via first class to canada. I wish I could say I wasn't worried, but it's the mail.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it took a long time for him to get the holiday pass as well.

dont worry. the canadian mail system is slow but they get there.

youd be slow too if you had to go through all that snow on horseback....
  • Options
    kuzi16:

Sorry guys, we shot all the horses and we are back to using dogs. They eat less and they bring us our paper and slippers :)
    No it hasn't arrived yet but with the volume of mail at this time of year that's not surprising. I am also waiting for something else I ordered before Christmas.
    Maybe Monday.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:

Sorry guys, we shot all the horses and we are back to using dogs. They eat less and they bring us our paper and slippers :)
    No it hasn't arrived yet but with the volume of mail at this time of year that's not surprising. I am also waiting for something else I ordered before Christmas.
    Maybe Monday.

I'm not sure how strict the rules for this pass, but I know that Brandon has already established himself as a stand-up guy. So it would be OK with me if he just made his wish so the pass could continue. I will of course post as soon as Brandon's package arrives.
    Would this be too far outside the rules? Not trying to upset the apple cart so to speak...just trying to kep the pass in motion, since you guys are good enough to include me and it takes a little longer for the huskies to get packages to me, way up here in Canada. (About an hour and a half north of Seattle, LOL)
  • Options
    Huskies eh? Here and I thought they used penguins....shows what I know about Canadia. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Huskies eh? Here and I thought they used penguins....shows what I know about Canadia. :)

Have you smelled penguins?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    I'm not sure how strict the rules for this pass, but I know that Brandon has already established himself as a stand-up guy. So it would be OK with me if he just made his wish so the pass could continue. I will of course post as soon as Brandon's package arrives.
    Would this be too far outside the rules? Not trying to upset the apple cart so to speak...just trying to kep the pass in motion, since you guys are good enough to include me and it takes a little longer for the huskies to get packages to me, way up here in Canada. (About an hour and a half north of Seattle, LOL)
    we have had some long waits before. the mail is even slower in Iraq. The game is kinda supposed to be slow.
    But, since you dont have to be a good trader to play this game (because of how its set up) the person that has just made the last wish can make the call on if the next person can wish. since we all know brandon is a good trader and a stand up guy, i would have no problem letting this go.

If we had no clue who this guy was and that person stopped posting after granting the wish and no package arrived then i would say that the wisher gets to wish again after a few weeks.

i would like to add this to the rules on the first page so i would like help from all of you to set a time frame for "lost wishes" thoughts? should we break it down for "in the US" vs "Alien" ?
  • Options
    I think if we were to set a 2 week time period, that would pretty much incorporate our resident alien (Doug). I don't know if we even have any more BOTLs in Iraq that post or participate in the games, though I suppose if that were the case we could extend to as much as 3-4 weeks. That sounds reasonable enough to me, but I'm biased since I came up with it. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    sounds reasonable for the U.S. side time limit but I think we need some input from someone more familiar on what it takes to get mail or packages in a war torn country .....just my thoughts....