Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hey Sandman,,,,,,,,,nice to see you brother. Really enjoyed that Champagne, longtime since I had smoked one. Very nice indeed. Hope to see you for sure in September, no problem. Just make sure you that Joe Pesci won't be there......hehe.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Yep, this is where we hang Andre, hope you're gonna hang here a lot. These boards are great. I had a blast with sitting with you and learning how to pronounce cigars and everything else.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Looks like you found us Andre. Yeah, that was a good herf Sat., not the biggest turnout we've had, but it was a good time. It always add to the experience when there is a new face in the crowd, us regulars are all getting used to each other. :)
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Good herf Saturday guys. Great meeting you Jeff. Hey Joe, thanks for the Padron Magnum Maduro. That sucker was good, had to take a burrito break in between it burned so long.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Hey is anyone going to the perdomo event at excalibur cigar lounge in san diego this fri or sat?
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    shamrocked:
    Hey is anyone going to the perdomo event at excalibur cigar lounge in san diego this fri or sat?
    ~~~ Well as fate would have it I will be in Diego this weekend, unfortunately it looks like my time is all accounted for... hopefully I will be able to catch up with you Shamrock at another event! On another note, since I will be within 20 miles of Temecula my Brother has requested I stop by and pick up some salsa... course I will NEED to consume a shrimp burrito. I *Plan* to be in Temecula on Sunday around 11am to 12 noon, get a shrimp burrito and the salsa and smoke a cigar or two... I figure unless someone is looking for something to do on Sunday it will be a solo herf but if anyone plans on perhaps being at the Olde Town smoke shop on Sunday PM me your phone number and I will know more about my schedule Sunday morning (and PM back my cell #) hell any excuse to stop for a shrimp burrito and a smoke (plus I will HAVE to drive right by and not stopping will NOT be an option)! Least that is my excuse!!! Regards Tim!!!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TGO:
    shamrocked:
    ~~~ Well as fate would have it I will be in Diego this weekend, unfortunately it looks like my time is all accounted for... hopefully I will be able to catch up with you Shamrock at another event! On another note, since I will be within 20 miles of Temecula my Brother has requested I stop by and pick up some salsa... course I will NEED to consume a shrimp burrito. I *Plan* to be in Temecula on Sunday around 11am to 12 noon, get a shrimp burrito and the salsa and smoke a cigar or two... I figure unless someone is looking for something to do on Sunday it will be a solo herf but if anyone plans on perhaps being at the Olde Town smoke shop on Sunday PM me your phone number and I will know more about my schedule Sunday morning (and PM back my cell #) hell any excuse to stop for a shrimp burrito and a smoke (plus I will HAVE to drive right by and not stopping will NOT be an option)! Least that is my excuse!!! Regards Tim!!!
    If I drove by I would have to stop for a burrito no questions asked! I only have to wait 5 short months before I'm out that way again.
  • Options

Hey Gang or should I say Herfers. There are a couple of events going on. I will try and paste them here for your convenience. I have not posted much, so let's see if it comes out. With any luck it will look presentable. PM me if you want any more info.

I may only get to go to the first event. I already checked out that B&M (huge selection), very nice place to stop into. If you go to the website, and fill out their email list, print coupon, you will get a free cigar when you go for the first time. I got a free Punch Gran Puro.

http://maxamarcigars.com/cms/component/acymailing/user/Itemid-7

I have not been to the Irvine Spectrum B&M yet. Sorry for the delay to post. I never realized how many events these guys do....alot of work really, but what a tough job....lol

http://www.drewestate.com/index.cfm?page=events

Wednesday, April 21, 2010
    5:00 PM — 9:00 PM

Maxamar Ultimate Cigars - Joya de Nicaragua Event
    Maxamar Ultimate Cigars - Joya de Nicaragua Event
    Maxamar Ultimate Cigars
    3744 E Chapman Ave, Ste E
    Orange, CA   92869

Phone: 714-633-3000

Come smoke one of Joya's newest and strongest cigars, the Antano Dark Corojo. As Fabien would say, "Are you man enough to try it?". Dr. Martinez Cuenca, owner and master blender, will be here to answer any questions and to talk about the rich and long history of Joya de Nicaragua. Don't miss it!

Saturday, May 01, 2010
    5:00 PM

Cuban Cigar Factory - Drew Estate Event
    Cuban Cigar Factory - Drew Estate Event
    Cuban Cigar Factory
    71 Fortune Drive, #840
    Irvine, CA   92618

Phone: 949-788-0570

It's time to stock up your humidor for that Cinco De Mayo party! So come out and join Alex and Fabien for some great deals on all Drew Estate and Joya de Nicaragua purchases!

• Options
    Cool...
  • Options
    Right on Tony! Looking forward to seeing you in September!
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Now, I'm really gonna have to try to make that one in September, I look forward to meeting you Tony.
  • Options
    brotheradam:
    Now, I'm really gonna have to try to make that one in September, I look forward to meeting you Tony.
    Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else that wasn't there in March. Should be a great trip and I'm hoping for some great weather too! I can almost taste the shrimp burrito now.
  • Options
    Hey Tim, you still gonna be by the B&M tomorrow? If you are, I'm gonna head down and burn a couple.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Hey Tim, you still gonna be by the B&M tomorrow? If you are, I'm gonna head down and burn a couple.
    ~~~ I rolled through at 10:30 and they were closed... thought about sitting outside and smoking a cigar but I didn't get a lot of sleep last night so I just picked up the salsa and headed out.
  • Options
    Hey Tim, just got back from there. I stopped in around noon and hung around for a couple hours until I figured you probably weren't going to be by. Oh well, catch ya at the next herf. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Hey Tim, just got back from there. I stopped in around noon and hung around for a couple hours until I figured you probably weren't going to be by. Oh well, catch ya at the next herf. :)
    ~~~ Sorry about that Joe, I was pretty wrecked from last night LOL... I had 2 smokes left (I smoked 8 last night in addition to all the booze LOL) and neither smoke looked good this morning :) On another note I smoked that camaroon you gave me the other day and really enjoyed it! Thanks, and catch you at the next herf!
  • Options
    Yo Herf Cats! ... the month is closing out and I thought I would throw out a couple dates to keep the longest monthly CCom regional herf going. Is anyone interested in a herf on the 17th or 24th? I am pretty sure I can make either but I am starting a new job on the 20th and some of the details regarding my work schedule remain unclear... having said that I am 99% certain I could make the 24th as well. What say you all? Regards, Tim
  • Options
    Ohh and again, my apologies to Joe, who I left hanging last Sunday mostly due to timing issues, and my inability to consume as much premium liquor at a party than I used to be able to handle (I think we could have called that the monthly herf in a pinch)... nuff said :)
  • Options
    Congrats on the new job Tim. And no worries about Sunday, it's probably better that we didn't meet up as I was sick and started feeling it later that day, wouldn't want to spread it around. I'm definitely up for, well, whenever really, any reason to get down to the B&M is good enough for me.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I thought we had our April herf?
  • Options
    leonard:
    I thought we had our April herf?
    ~~~ Right you are Leonard, it was on 04/03 :) My bad, seems like it was longer ago! Guess we are good till next month...
  • Options
    Who says we can't have 2? Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I like the way you think Joe.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm up for having 2. We can say that the other one was an april fool's joke on Sandman.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    j0z3r:
    I like the way you think Joe.
    Well alright then. In all honesty, I'll look for any flimsy excuse to go smoke a few at the B&M..."Today ends in "Y" right? Goin to the B&M, don't wait up." "Hey, the sun came out today, goin to the B&M...don't wait up." I'm sure you see the line of thought here. :)
  • Options
    Sounds good to me... I'm in!
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be back in Fresno for Dad's 80th (May 23rd). I was wondering if you (or any Central CA) BOTL's wanted to try and get together the 24th or 25th for a little herfin'. :D
  • Options
    Garen B:
    I'm up for having 2. We can say that the other one was an april fool's joke on Sandman.
    Dang, I missed 2 this month! Gonna have to make up for it in September.
  • Options
    BTW, which Saturday, this saturday or the following saturday? I'll let Jason and Andre know (not sure how frequently they ck this thread)...
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    I'm gonna be back in Fresno for Dad's 80th (May 23rd). I was wondering if you (or any Central CA) BOTL's wanted to try and get together the 24th or 25th for a little herfin'. :D

Hells yeeah! I'll actually be in town too, I'll pass this along to brotheradam, not usre how often he pokes his head in.