• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    j0z3r:
    PM for ya Sandman.
    and back at ya
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Looking forward to seeing you Sandman, I'll send a prayer up to the Big Man for your battle buddy's father.
    Same to you Garen this looks like it's gonna be fun, and thanks for the prayer.
  • Options
    Well it is offical I just got my tickets and I will be staying there thru Sunday. I will see you guys at the Herf on Saturday. I asked my battle to join us but he has to work that day. I'm looking forward to a great time with some of my west coast BOTL. See you all in less then a week. This is going to be a sad yet fun trip. I do not know exactly how I'm feeling about this just yet......hmmmmm maybe a shrimp burrito and a few smokes will take off the edge.

Oh and before I forget what do they carry at the store? Any premium stuff that I have to try? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Oh and before I forget what do they carry at the store? Any premium stuff that I have to try? Thanks in advance.
    They have the Padron '64 if you haven't had that. They carry a good variety of cigars, RP, Fuente, Padron, La Flor Dominicana, some Tatuaje, Perdomo, Punch, Gurkha, Gran Habano, Sancho Panza, Davidoff, CAO, Drew Estates, Joya de Nicaragua, Oliva, Macanudo, La Gloria Cubana. There are a couple others I'm sure, but that's what I can pull off the top of my head.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Sandman1am:
    They have the Padron '64 if you haven't had that. They carry a good variety of cigars, RP, Fuente, Padron, La Flor Dominicana, some Tatuaje, Perdomo, Punch, Gurkha, Gran Habano, Sancho Panza, Davidoff, CAO, Drew Estates, Joya de Nicaragua, Oliva, Macanudo, La Gloria Cubana. There are a couple others I'm sure, but that's what I can pull off the top of my head.
    Thanks Joe. Sounds like they have a good selection. How are the prices? I actually have tried and love the Padron 64, so much so that Tat and I are working on a box split right now. Gonna probably have to do a LFD or Tatuaje when I'm there. Of course you can't go wrong with the Padron.
  • Options
    The prices are typical California, so plan on bringing some of your own cigars if you can. I like to buy a few to support the business and all, but B&M prices out here are a little too steep to buy much more than that at any one time.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The prices are typical California, so plan on bringing some of your own cigars if you can. I like to buy a few to support the business and all, but B&M prices out here are a little too steep to buy much more than that at any one time.
    I will bring a few from home as well as make the normal what I will buy to support them for allowing us a place to smoke. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    They have Tatuaje there?! I must be blind, I've been wanting to try one forever.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    They have Tatuaje there?! I must be blind, I've been wanting to try one forever.
    Bring your red-tipped cane and I'll show you where they are. :)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Where do they keep them, in the walk in?
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Where do they keep them?
    You bring your red-tipped cane too, and we can have a blind leading the blind Tatuaje tour. Big Smile [:D]

They're in the walk in, to the far right and about chest level. The only way you miss them is if you're actually looking for them.
  • Options
    Haha. Will do.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Where do they keep them?
    You bring your red-tipped cane too, and we can have a blind leading the blind Tatuaje tour. Big Smile [:D]

They're in the walk in, to the far right and about chest level. The only way you miss them is if you're actually looking for them.
    Well I'm coming from the north so I will bring all the candy canes I can for all you blind folk....I hope we can find the Tatuaje together. Just so you know there will be a one cane for stick trade that is expected at the end of the tour. If you like cherry then it's a 2 for 1 stick to cane trade.
  • Options
    PM to you Joe
  • Options
    And back to ya.
  • Options
    I think I'm going to miss tomorrow. I did something to my hand today and it's swollen up. Not sure what I did though, but I don't think I can make the drive. I'll make the next one.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Another great herf was had by all today... the weather was perfect and Tony (Sandman) came out to enjoy the california sun and a shrimp burrito :) along with all the "usual suspects"... Took a few pics... and no it wasn't hazy, just lots of smoke coming off the patio! Tony enjoying his first smoke... image Garren kicking back with a smoke... image Group shot one... (left around clockwise... Jason, Andre (barely visible)... Leonard, Joe, Tino and Garren ) image Group shot 2 (Joe, Tino and Garren) image And of course in addition to all the spectacular smokes shrimp burritos and tacos were consumed! imageimage Looking forward to next month!
  • Options
    Haha, love the pics Tim, especially the one that looks like I'm trying to inhale the rest of my taco :). Awesome day, Tony is a cool guy and I'm glad I had the pleasure to meet him and share a few cigars.
  • Options
    I had a great time with all u guys!! and thanx! dam tims camera takes excellent clear pictures by the way!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Haha, love the pics Tim, especially the one that looks like I'm trying to inhale the rest of my taco :). Awesome day, Tony is a cool guy and I'm glad I had the pleasure to meet him and share a few cigars.
    ~~~ LOL sorry brother... the camera is a mixed blessing :) Oh BTW I smoked one of the camacho candelas... it IMHO had an unpleasent profile in the first inch but got better and better for me as it ramped up... towards the end I was really diggin it, and sorry to see it nub out! Been a long time since I smoked candellas so I don't know if I was just not used to the profile or if it took time to find my palate LOL... in any case thanks for the sticks!
  • Options
    baldsmoker70:
    I had a great time with all u guys!! and thanx! dam tims camera takes excellent clear pictures by the way!
    ~~~ LOL Jason, it takes the same great pics when I am drinking even though they look blury when I shoot them :)
  • Options
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    ~~~ LOL sorry brother... the camera is a mixed blessing :)
    Well in all fairness, I was trying to inhale the rest of the taco...so the camera just caught me accurately in my shrimp fueled gluttony. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Thanks for sending a couple great sticks home with Tony for me, Joe! He needs to go to California more often! ;)
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Thanks for sending a couple great sticks home with Tony for me, Joe! He needs to go to California more often! ;)
    My pleasure Phil, thanks for sharing Tony with us. :)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    PM in your inbox Sandy.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    j0z3r:
    TatuajeVI:

Thanks for sharing the Pics Q Good stuff wish you guys werent so far south! LOL
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    j0z3r:
    TatuajeVI:

Thanks for sharing the Pics Q Good stuff wish you guys werent so far south! LOL
    Yo Red, you should make a day trip down to see us... there is a shrimp burrito waiting for you :)
  • Options
    If you made the trip down to join us for a herf Ozzie, your first cigar would be on me. It would be really cool to have you down to share some cigars with.
  • Options
    I want to thank all of my West Coast BOTL for the great herf that you hosted for me....and everyone else. I had such a great time meeting all of you, sharing stories, smoking some great cigars, and yes of course finally after all this time the SHRIMP BURRITO!!! By the way they are awesome.

It was great exchanging cigars with you guys and finally putting faces to the names. I want to say a special thanks to Joe and Tino for the rides to and from the Herf. You guys saved me from having to rent a car just for the Herf. Guys don't forget to send me your address' as I should have the cigars we talked about here in a day or two and want to get them out to you.

If you are ever in So Cal look these guys up! They are a great bunch of BOTL and I am looking forward to the next time I can come out and herf it up and enjoy another shrimp burrito. Looking like September will be the next time for my trip out there. Maybe I can share a cigar with Sam or Tim? LOL Thanks again guys and I'm really looking forward to this September. Oh and if any of you are anywhere near Michigan let me know we can get a herf going here as well.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Anybody gonna be around Saturday the 3rd , the day before Easter, I'm gonna be in Orange to visit my family for the weekend.