j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    A week from today?
    Last I heard, yes.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    A week from today?
    ~~~ I will be there a week from today (13th) smoking and getting my shrimp burrito fix for sure... hope to see anyone that can make it... :)
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sorry guys, I don't think I can do it this weekend. I'll make the March one hopefully.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Russ55:
    Sorry guys, I don't think I can do it this weekend. I'll make the March one hopefully.
    I dont think I can make it. I'll let Tino know when I see him tomorrow.
  • Options
    Well, looks like I am going to be tied up moving a friend on Saturday, it was going to be Sunday but got moved up a day... no Feb herf for me :(
  • Options
    So who all ended up going today? Since most were unable to make it, I ended up not going either, just didn't really feel like it when it came time to either go or not go. If anyone is interested in meeting up next Saturday, I'd definitely be up for that.
  • Options
    Evening from the High Desert,

New to the forum and wondering how the Southern Cal Herf works.  Kinda boring sitting on my back porch and smokin' 'em alone.
  • Options
    joel.mccrory:
    Evening from the High Desert,

New to the forum and wondering how the Southern Cal Herf works.  Kinda boring sitting on my back porch and smokin' 'em alone.
    Greetings. It works pretty simple, we have a B&M that is close enough to all of us and we meet up about once a month to have cigars and some good conversation. It might be a bit of a drive for you from the High Desert since the B&M is in Temecula, but you'd be more than welcome to come down the next time we get together.
  • Options
    Anybody up for next Saturday 02/27? ... we could still save the monthly streak :)
  • Options
    I'd be up for that Tim. Been a while and I'd like to grab a few more La Traviatas.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'd be up for that Tim. Been a while and I'd like to grab a few more La Traviatas.
    ~~~ Well that is a good start Joe perhaps we can save February after all! I will ck with Andre, and the BOTL from the banter to see if they can make it... also I have a La Traviata churchill for you (don't think they have that vitola there)... hopefully some of the other Brothers can attend as well, but if not I could still go for a shrimp burrito :)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I've been pretty bust the past few weeks but I'm pretty sure I can make it next Saturday. I've had a hankering for a Nording the past few days and I smoked my last one a while ago.
  • Options
    I have to work Saturday but I think I can still make it by 2:30p. I'll let Tino know.
  • Options
    I think I might be able to do that...

I need to try out a Patel Bros.
  • Options
    Nice timing on the Herf... Just in case any of you are not on the OTSS e-mail list, this just in: "We just confirmed that Marvin Samel, one of the original co-founders of Drew Estates, will be joining Famous Fabian at the Olde Towne Smoke Shoppe on Saturday the 27th of February from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Sorry for such late notice, We promise to make it up to you all and send out early notices regarding the next event. Keep checking your e-mail for the upcoming Davidoff Event with our buddy Wayne"...
  • Options
    Pretty cool, I guess I'll finally have to try something from DE other than the Java. Sounds like it'll be a fun herf!
  • Options
    Just got that email myself. Hope they'll be giving out freebies. :)
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    maybe I'll win something this time...
  • Options
    Kamelyon:
    maybe I'll win something this time...
    ~~~ :) Hope all is well Patrick, it won't be the same without you there!
  • Options
    I'll see all of you guys tomorrow at the shop! I'm hankering for some shrimp burritos and something in a sun grown wrapper.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    I'll see all of you guys tomorrow at the shop! I'm hankering for some shrimp burritos and something in a sun grown wrapper.
    wow.

im not sure how many of you knew...

but the people on this board from Ohio, Michigan, and West Virgina are having a herf tomorrow also.

gunna be a slow Sat on the boards but the discussion after is gunna be fun.

Link to other herf thread.
  • Options
    I'm not going to be able to make it today, family stuff. Sorry to back out at the last minute.
  • Options
    Today turned out to be pretty good, aside from the crappy weather. Some guys from Drew Estates showed up and put on a pretty decent event. Walked away with a cool DE double guillotine cutter, a Joya de Nicaragua hat and 6 free cigars. The coolest thing was the group game we got to play, the rep paired us up and had us roll dice against each other, the higher number winning and moving on to roll against the next guy until only one was left...my dice rolling was hot today and I ended up with the prize, a Drew Estates Natural Medusa, which is a culebra for those who aren't familiar. If you guys ever get a chance to go to a Drew Estates event, go, the guys are really cool, generous and the whole atmosphere is relaxed and fun. I'll post up a pic or two of the Medusa, it's pretty cool...just gotta charge my camera battery.

Patrick man, wish you could have been here. You would have won something this time, there was no raffle involved, just a dice roll to determine how many free cigars you get.
  • Options
    If you need help opening that culebra box, I can lend my partial idiot savant skills to ya.
  • Options
    You'll be my first call in the event that I need assistance. :)
  • Options
    hey guys, just wanted 2 say it was a pleasure meeting you all at the herf!! i definately enjoyed smokin with y'all! that la trav was bomb as hell, jdn antano was great, patel bros was delicous!! well k.i.t .......jason
  • Options
    baldsmoker70:
    hey guys, just wanted 2 say it was a pleasure meeting you all at the herf!! i definately enjoyed smokin with y'all! that la trav was bomb as hell, jdn antano was great, patel bros was delicous!! well k.i.t .......jason
    Great meeting you as well Jason, BTW I smoked one of those Salizars last night and really enjoyed it... very good stick IMO... thanks :)
  • Options
    Well fellas March is here and that means time to start thinking about another herf. The 13th is a little close and plans may already be set. So I'm thinking about the 20th. How does that sound to you guys?
  • Options
    I'm in Vegas next weekend so the 20th is good with me.