Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    ejenne87:
    Luko:
    I'm tired of California being the only state with its own herf. I want to get a PA herf started. Alex, Tim, Jeff and all the others at CCOM, you wanna come out to Pgh to herf, or want me to come to you?
    I'm up in PA often enough, I'm in!
    Pittsburgh isn't too far away...I'd travel up that way for a herf
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey now, don't you guys go hijacking this thread. If we wanted you easterners posting it up, we woulda said so. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sorry guys, I still have too many things to take care of. I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Hope you guys have a good time, and I'll catch you at the next one.
  • Options
    Catch ya at the next one Russ...don't work too hard.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Sorry I cant be there guys, I'm getting over being sick and I'm just sick enough to not enjoy cigars :(
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    No worries Russ and Garen, hope to see you both after the new year!
  • Options
    Hey Joe, I am just finishing up that unbanded LFD... very interesting cigar... It would have been one that would have fooled me as I would not have guessed LFD... it seemed to have some age on it to me (either before or after it was rolled... or both)... very smooth, perfect construction... got some pepper, earthy notes and a lot of cedar from it... hints of cocoa from time to time and was really smooth and balanced yet had a strong profile... it seems complex to me as it changed a number of times and has a few notes that I can't put my finger on... I was thinking medium to medium full but it seems to really have a great kick for being so smooth... I will ask you more about it next time we herf!!! Regards, Tim
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    TGO:
    Hey Joe, I am just finishing up that unbanded LFD... very interesting cigar... It would have been one that would have fooled me as I would not have guessed LFD... it seemed to have some age on it to me (either before or after it was rolled... or both)... very smooth, perfect construction... got some pepper, earthy notes and a lot of cedar from it... hints of cocoa from time to time and was really smooth and balanced yet had a strong profile... it seems complex to me as it changed a number of times and has a few notes that I can't put my finger on... I was thinking medium to medium full but it seems to really have a great kick for being so smooth... I will ask you more about it next time we herf!!! Regards, Tim
    Sounds like you got hold of a LFD Cameroon Cabinet. They are excellent smoke IMO and quite a few members here swear by them as well. I have one sitting and it is hard not to pick up. Great smoke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    TGO:
    Sounds like you got hold of a LFD Cameroon Cabinet. They are excellent smoke IMO and quite a few members here swear by them as well. I have one sitting and it is hard not to pick up. Great smoke.

Oh Yeah they are the shizzle !!!
  • Options
    bbc020:
    TGO:
    ~~~ That was it! I am in the last 1.5 inches and it is really ramping up!!!
  • Options
    Sounds like you are enjoying it Tim. As far as age goes, I don't know what kind of time Litto Gomez puts on his cigars before sending them out, but I've got 18 months of box aging on that stick...they smoked great when I first bought them though, the time has only made them better.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Sounds like you are enjoying it Tim. As far as age goes, I don't know what kind of time Litto Gomez puts on his cigars before sending them out, but I've got 18 months of box aging on that stick...they smoked great when I first bought them though, the time has only made them better.
    ~~~ That was a great smoke Joe, burnt my fingers on that one! Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    Tim I sampled your infusion cigar today. What I got from it was a subtle sweetness and flavor from the tequila for the first inch or so, then it seemed to fade and the cigar was tasting kinda harsh. I did pick up on the infusion though, so I'd say it is definitely viable. I'd like to try it wish some of those Cheap B*stards, they don't have a very strong flavor, but they smoke pretty smooth. Thanks again for the cigar, I can't say I liked the cigar, but the infusion was interesting.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Tim I sampled your infusion cigar today. What I got from it was a subtle sweetness and flavor from the tequila for the first inch or so, then it seemed to fade and the cigar was tasting kinda harsh. I did pick up on the infusion though, so I'd say it is definitely viable. I'd like to try it wish some of those Cheap B*stards, they don't have a very strong flavor, but they smoke pretty smooth. Thanks again for the cigar, I can't say I liked the cigar, but the infusion was interesting.
    ~~~ I think next time I might try using a little better quality stick... I did a couple TTT Trinidad naturals and they were OK... on a side note I smoked that partagas... man it had perfect construction and draw, burned perfect and the flavors built from the start to the end... it was a pleasure to smoke :)
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Im going to be at Old World Smoke Shop today around 2:30pm if anyone is down for a HERF.
  • Options
    leonard:
    Im going to be at Old World Smoke Shop today around 2:30pm if anyone is down for a HERF.
    ~~~ Wish I could make it Leonard, got a family BBQ already lined up... bummer now I will be thinking shrimp burrito for the rest of the day :)LOL... hopefully we can plan a herf in the next couple weeks (Patrick will be leaving in Feb I think)... Have fun! Tim
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    leonard:

I wish I would have seen this earlier today. I would have swung by.
  • Options
    Anyone want to do a herf this month? The best day for me would be the 16th.
  • Options
    I'm good with that. I was going to make a post myself pretty soon here to keep up with our monthly herf, you beat me to it.
  • Options
    That should be good for me as well, look forward to it! I have had enough holiday Turkey and Ham... bring on the shrimp burritos!!!
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm good with that but the only hitch is I have jury duty on Monday. No idea if I'll get called up but it's a bit up in the air.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    I'm good with that but the only hitch is I have jury duty on Monday. No idea if I'll get called up but it's a bit up in the air.
    No sweat..just go in there and be a racist, sexist a$$hole...they won't take you. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    Patrick, you've got a pm.
  • Options
    I should be over this cold/flu thing I have by then. I haven't had a cigar since last year!
  • Options
    That sucks Russ, hope you feel better soon. I've had 2 colds and the flu all in the past 4 months, and it was brutal. I never get sick that often, I feel your pain. Take care.
  • Options
    pm for you Joe
  • Options
    Back to ya buddy.
  • Options
    and one more for ya.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    That sucks Russ, hope you feel better soon. I've had 2 colds and the flu all in the past 4 months, and it was brutal. I never get sick that often, I feel your pain. Take care.
    Ouch. That's way too much. This flu season has been terrible.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:

Outta work today with flu symtoms ...first time i can remember missing work for being sick in forever and I'm hating it , worrying about whats goin' on there ...