Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Let me know the date in May Vinny and I'd love to come up to Fresno and herf with you guys.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Will do homey...and something tells me you may wanna put sandbags around your mailbox...just sayin...
  • Options
    Hey, guys I am up for a Herf next Saturday on the 24th of April. I kind of laying low this weekend. Will check up again with you guys.....Tight Ash to you all.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    TGO:
    BTW, which Saturday, this saturday or the following saturday? I'll let Jason and Andre know (not sure how frequently they ck this thread)...
    I'm good either way. What say the rest of you?

How's it going DT?
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    TGO:
    BTW, which Saturday, this saturday or the following saturday? I'll let Jason and Andre know (not sure how frequently they ck this thread)...
    I'm good either way. What say the rest of you?

How's it going DT?
    ~~~ I am cool on either date but if more folks can make it the following Saturday (the 24th) I am all good with that! Let's get this herf on!!!! Tim
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Smoke=Fire:
    I'm gonna be back in Fresno for Dad's 80th (May 23rd). I was wondering if you (or any Central CA) BOTL's wanted to try and get together the 24th or 25th for a little herfin'. :D

Hells yeeah! I'll actually be in town too, I'll pass this along to brotheradam, not usre how often he pokes his head in.
    Sounds good. As we get closer we can nail down which day/time works best for you guys. ;)
  • Options
    Aww hell, it suddenly occured to me that I got nothing better to do tomorrow so I am going both days! I should be there tomorrow around 12:30 or 1:00... If we get a herf going for next weekend I should be able to make that one too! The weather should be nice and the burritos are always good!
  • Options
    Ahh, so you're in the same boat as me Tim, nothing better to do. I'll be there tomorrow as well. I guess if a herf assembles around us then it's that much better. See ya there Tim.
  • Options
    Damn, I really wished I lived closer to you guys so I could just pop in and have a smoke, oh well there's always next month, can't wait.
  • Options
    brotheradam:
    Damn, I really wished I lived closer to you guys so I could just pop in and have a smoke, oh well there's always next month, can't wait.
    ~~~ Hey Jeff, hope you can make it next month... it ain't a party without the people!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Ahh, so you're in the same boat as me Tim, nothing better to do. I'll be there tomorrow as well. I guess if a herf assembles around us then it's that much better. See ya there Tim.
    ~~~ Right on Joe, looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Whatcha doing this wednesday? :)
  • Options
    Looks like I am up for another Temecula herf this Saturday... anyone else in?
  • Options
    I'm down Tim. I think Leonard is too, but I'll let him confirm for himself. Might be a good day to go to that Sushi place Sam was talking about.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'm down Tim. I think Leonard is too, but I'll let him confirm for himself. Might be a good day to go to that Sushi place Sam was talking about.
    ~~~ All you can eat sushi AND good smokes, what a way to spend a Saturday!!! Jason just confirmed for saturday (by text :)... Andre said maybe...
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Im down. Have to work but should be there by 1:30pm.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm down. What sushi place do you speak of joe?
  • Options
    Garen B:
    I think Sam said it was called Jim's?, not sure but it's in the target shopping center up Rancho Calif. and off Ynez.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:
    I think Sam said it was called Jim's?, not sure but it's in the target shopping center up Rancho Calif. and off Ynez.
    Now it's sushi? Man I am sooo looking forward to Sep! Can not wait. Don't fill up on sushi ther is always a burrito or taco to be had.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:
    Now it's sushi? Man I am sooo looking forward to Sep! Can not wait. Don't fill up on sushi ther is always a burrito or taco to be had.
    You're right about that Tony, no shortage of good food over in that area...it's a glutton's paradise. :)
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure wish you guys would re-name this thread to "Southern California Herf" - - every time it shows up I quickly have a look to see if it's gonna be anywhere in my neck of the woods. I mean, southern California is like a whole 'nother country, it's so far away.

Doesn't anyone ever put together a herf in NORTHERN California?

Marty

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    jlmarta:
    Sure wish you guys would re-name this thread to "Southern California Herf" - - every time it shows up I quickly have a look to see if it's gonna be anywhere in my neck of the woods. I mean, southern California is like a whole 'nother country, it's so far away.

Marty

there was an effort a while back ,but, if i remember correctly, there weren't enough Northern California members... search for it and revive the thread! maybe you could have better luck..
  • Options
    Two big props today...

First to Casa Habano cigars in Tulare. Owner Ben made me feel right at home as soon as i showed up. A nice little shop with a small yet superb selection and a great atmosphere. The RP event was awesome and the rep a truly standup guy....and free beer to boot!. Finally had a Patel Bros cigar and those things rock! Great B&M!

Second is to BrotherAdam for meeting me there and sharing a smoke. This guy is awesome and is definatley an asset to our BOTL community. Look forward to hanging out again Jeff!

If anyone is in the Fresno/Visalia/Tulare are drop either of us a line~
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Two big props today...

First to Casa Habano cigars in Tulare. Owner Ben made me feel right at home as soon as i showed up. A nice little shop with a small yet superb selection and a great atmosphere. The RP event was awesome and the rep a truly standup guy....and free beer to boot!. Finally had a Patel Bros cigar and those things rock! Great B&M!

Second is to BrotherAdam for meeting me there and sharing a smoke. This guy is awesome and is definatley an asset to our BOTL community. Look forward to hanging out again Jeff!

If anyone is in the Fresno/Visalia/Tulare are drop either of us a line~
    Good news! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing both you guys down there in May. What B&Ms do you have in Fresno? I haven't lived there in so long; since before I started pursuing cigars.
  • Options
    jlmarta:

Marty

Will Central CA do? We are trying to get one together in Fresno in May. Sign on up and come down! :D

Where are you at?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it WOULD be a bit closer - I live in Yuba Ciity, roughly 220 miles north of Fresno. A tad long for a day-trip. Would you be coming all the way from Montana?

In a perfect world, someone would get one going somewhere between Sacramento and Red Bluff.

Marty

• Options
    jlmarta:
    Well, it WOULD be a bit closer - I live in Yuba Ciity, roughly 220 miles north of Fresno. A tad long for a day-trip. Would you be coming all the way from Montana?

In a perfect world, someone would get one going somewhere between Sacramento and Red Bluff.

Marty

Talk to Hays, he does stuff in that area and he is in the greater Sac area.(edit...Ozzie lives up that way too :)
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    Good news! I'm looking forward to (hopefully) seeing both you guys down there in May. What B&Ms do you have in Fresno? I haven't lived there in so long; since before I started pursuing cigars.

There is the one in Tulare and there is also one in Visalia. Here in Fresno we have 3, one i had a bad experience with that i'm try to talk myself into even going there again and the other one has a really uber nice lounge. I "think" there is another one i just havent punched it into the gps and gone to investigate.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Would you be coming all the way from Montana?

Marty

Yep. Dad is turning 80 end o' May, so I plan on being there for that. Got a cheap flight to LAX, than renting a car and motoring up to Clovis/Fresno. Sunday is Dad's, but I can always squeak a few hours one of the days to herf with folks.
  • Options
    I'm up for it, just let me know the day Smoke and I'll be there. Met Vinnie last night and we had a great time in Tulare, the more the merrier.