Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Im good with Temecula.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    If its going to be in Temecula, I'd shy away from Zarka cigar lounge, the owner is a bit of a douchebag. The B&M I go to is on the small side, but the selection is nice and worse case scenario we end up on the covered walkway out front.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    j0z3r:
    Brian, you should definitely rally the troops for a Norcal herf. We can make a sport of it, see who gets the best turnout and compare pics after all is said and done.
    No fair! Seems like most of the guys that are responding here are in so cal. But seriously, if any of you nor cal guys are really interestd, PM me and maybe we'll see what we can get together.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Garen B:
    If its going to be in Temecula, I'd shy away from Zarka cigar lounge, the owner is a bit of a douchebag. The B&M I go to is on the small side, but the selection is nice and worse case scenario we end up on the covered walkway out front.
    Yeah, was thinking Old Town...I kinda figured Zarka would be a little on the snooty side.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:
    Yeah, was thinking Old Town...I kinda figured Zarka would be a little on the snooty side.
    I second Old Town. Its a cool place to spend the day, especially for the out of towner's.
  • Options
    leonard:
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:
    I second Old Town. Its a cool place to spend the day, especially for the out of towner's.
    And there's good mexican food 100 feet away, a carne asada burrito and a stogie would be a pretty good afternoon in my book.
  • Options

I am near Yuba City, Sutter County, (Loma Rica, Yuba County)and would like to get this going.  Let me know what I can do to help! Count me in also.

• Options
    North and South Herf... I will be at the north one! let me know.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    leonard:
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:
    And there's good mexican food 100 feet away, a carne asada burrito and a stogie would be a pretty good afternoon in my book.
    I'll probably elect you as our tour guide since you know the place. Get you a nice little jacket and a name tag. :)

Sounds good to me. Now let's hear from some of the other Socal guys, you guys good with this?
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    red bluff,ca northern cali, im in lets set up a nor cal one!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorthCowboy, there's a PM in your inbox....

Marty

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd probably go to this, depending on when. I will be out of town on Aug 23rd-30th. Temecula or Redlands are fine. Both are a drive, but for things like this it's usually worth it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    Hopefully the cigar shop has a good ventilation system
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I'm down for a northern california herf. Any help needed?
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    San Francisco
  • Options
    Azusa?? Hey I'm in Covina, we are practically neighbors.
  • Options
    deaDKennedys:
    Azusa, 20 mins from LA, 40min to Riverside area
    I forgot to add the quote.....lets try it again. Azusa? I'm in Covina, we are...... (you read the previous post)
  • Options
    Might have hit a snag with the B&M I go to, I told the owner about it and she kinda freaked a bit about how big this is going to be. I'll shoot a message out to one of my smoking buddies that is there almost every weekend to see if he can smooth over some ruffled feathers, but just in case, we might want to take a closer look at that Redlands B&M joe mentioned.

Just keeping a tab on who might be coming to the Socal herf:
    Jozer
    leonard
    Deadken
    Russ
    Kamelyon
    And most likely I'm bringing one to two guys along.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Might have hit a snag with the B&M I go to, I told the owner about it and she kinda freaked a bit about how big this is going to be. I'll shoot a message out to one of my smoking buddies that is there almost every weekend to see if he can smooth over some ruffled feathers, but just in case, we might want to take a closer look at that Redlands B&M joe mentioned.

Jozer
    leonard
    Deadken
    Russ
    Kamelyon
    Really? You would think she'd be all over the sales that would be made. Strange indeed.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Garen B:

Jozer
    leonard
    Deadken
    Russ
    Kamelyon
    Really? You would think she'd be all over the sales that would be made. Strange indeed.
    They don't even allow cigar smoking in Cali do they? I thought Joe had to drive down to Arizona anytime he wanted to fire one up?
  • Options
    It might have been due to the way I worded it, but I dunno. It seems like we have to do that Luko, we have weed vending machines here, but you light up a cigar around here and you might get thrown in jail.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    but you light up a cigar around here and you might get thrown in jail.
    Or you might just get dismembered by an angry mob that doesn't want you polluting their lungs. Won't somebody think of the children?!!!!
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I'm in when ever and where ever. Just let me know the date and I'll be there. I don't suggest Zikar lounge either. Their smoke room is members only and it costs $10 for a day pass.
  • Options
    I'm going to need to check some places out, call around and such. The one place I was thinking of might be a little small depending on how many show up. I was originally thinking September-ish, and I think that will probably work out well, but we'll see how it comes together and play it by ear.
  • Options
    Nice! My buddies and I try to met up at TGIF in West Covina once week since they have a patio where we can smoke cigars.
  • Options
    deaDKennedys:
    Nice! My buddies and I try to met up at TGIF in West Covina once week since they have a patio where we can smoke cigars.
    Hey Joe. DK has a good idea. Maybe find a place with a patio that is cool with cigars?
  • Options
    That could be a thought. Of course, that opens up a LOT more possibilities. Any suggestions anyone?
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    What about the Yard House in the Promenade. Not only do they have a patio, but they also boast the largest selection of draft beer.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I would be interested in attending my first herf in so cal! I am in Riverside, Temecula is a nice drive but not too far :) Looking forward to the details! Tim
  • Options
    Sounds like a good idea Kame, the only hitch I'd see in that is if they would allow us to smoke on their patio. When I find some time, I can go check it out, but my semester is starting soon along with a new job, so I'm kinda in the middle of a hurricane of stuff to do.