Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    Question; I may not be able to make it now and if I do i'll be out there late. How long do you guys think your going to keep going?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    deaDKennedys:
    Question; I may not be able to make it now and if I do i'll be out there late. How long do you guys think your going to keep going?
    Well, the shop closes at 5 and I imagine we might be there until closing. We'll have to wait and see if we make it over to Pechanga or if we call it good at 5.
  • Options
    I've replied to all PMs, so everyone who has sent me one has my number. If you need to reach me for any reason, feel free.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    j0z3r:
    deaDKennedys:
    Well, the shop closes at 5 and I imagine we might be there until closing. We'll have to wait and see if we make it over to Pechanga or if we call it good at 5.
    Hey Joe. I thought they closed at 7:00pm?
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    They have different hours for summer time and such, I think the early closing is the summer hours, but its been a while since I have been there, damn economy....grumble....
  • Options
    leonard:
    j0z3r:
    deaDKennedys:
    Hey Joe. I thought they closed at 7:00pm?
    You're probably right...For some reason I thought it was 5..or maybe it was 6? Because I know they were getting ready to close when we went down there and that Nut store we went in closed at 7 and they were still open....? Ah, I can't remember.
  • Options
    Just one more day guys...get your smokin' hats on.
  • Options
    I'll see you all there around 2 or 3 today!
  • Options
    Ill be there around 2.
  • Options
    If anyone needs a visual reference as far as finding the others goes...well, I'll be wearing a black Ramones t-shirt...hopefully I'll be the only one :D
  • Options
    Hey all, a little update. So we had the herf today, honestly the turnout was better than I expected and it was great to meet some of the forum guys...a great bunch if I do say so. Here's a group pic.

herf

From left to right: Sam, Tim (TGO), Garen (Garen B), Leonard (leonard), Tino, Joe (j0z3r), Patrick (Kamelyon), Russ (Russ55)

I can't speak for the crowd, but I had a good time, smoked some good cigars and, well, just enjoyed myself. I'd definitely look forward to doing this again.

Thanks guys for coming out, hopefully you all enjoyed yourselves.

Joe
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Looks like you all had fun. Look forward to hearing about many more to come.

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Good to see you guys did pull it off...with a nice turnout.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah thats a nice turnout. Looks like a nice selection of sticks in there with you guys...bet everybody smoked some good ones. What was the farthrest someone traveled to attend ? Its great to be able to put some faces to some names , I think it brings the forum even closer together and this is already a tight knit bunch for a forum. Glad you had a great time and thanks for the pics !!! Gene
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a really good time. It was a nice place, and the company was excellent. Thanks for organizing this Joe.

Also, the cigar selection was at least double what you see there. There was a whole other wall, and a walk in humidor. I was impressed at their variety.
  • Options
    We need to do it again sometime soon, that was a really fun time. And an update, it took me until 7:30 to finish off that tank of a cigar, Thanks again for it Tim!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sooooo jealous!!! Real friends?!?!? Lucky!!!
  • Options
    Good times! We need to do another one in the near future.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    I had a Blast! Great to meet so many knowledgable cigar aficianados... lots of great discussion and I learned a few things. Look forward to the next one!!! Tim
  • Options
    I'm bummed that I couldn't make it out there at the last min...I hope you guys enjoyed it so much that it's becomes a monthly/bi-monthly thing! (hey I can hope :) )
  • Options
    I definately had a great time. I can see this as a monthly get together. Maybe we could all review the same cigar and discuss it the next month or whenever.
  • Options
    That's a great idea!
  • Options
    That's a great idea man, maybe go and all pick out the same cigar there and review while we chat.
  • Options
    You know what would be really interesting... we all pick the same cigar and smoke but post the reviews blind to the same thread. People would probably have different perceptions anyway based on taste and preferences but I wonder if the power of suggestion if discussing perceptions while we collectively smoke might change individual observations to the collective observation... or I could be thinking WAY too much about it LMAO!
  • Options
    Yo, based on recommendations from the herf I picked up a great deal on the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Gran Consuls today $3.75 a stick. Rock!
  • Options
    Sweet deal Tim. The next herf we have, you and I will have to swap a couple, I'll bring you some belicosos...it's an awesome cigar.
  • Options
    Sounds good Joe!
  • Options
    I just got the large "Herf-a-dor" and the Torano 1916s from the daily deal last week. I'm ready for our next herf!
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    j0z3r:
    Hey all, a little update. So we had the herf today, honestly the turnout was better than I expected and it was great to meet some of the forum guys...a great bunch if I do say so. Here's a group pic.

herf

From left to right: Sam, Tim (TGO), Garen (Garen B), Leonard (leonard), Tino, Joe (j0z3r), Patrick (Kamelyon), Russ (Russ55)

I can't speak for the crowd, but I had a good time, smoked some good cigars and, well, just enjoyed myself. I'd definitely look forward to doing this again.

Thanks guys for coming out, hopefully you all enjoyed yourselves.

Joe
    Not pictured is Johnny Walker Blue!! He must have been in the can during the photo!! LOL
  • Options
    JZ:
    Not pictured is Johnny Walker Blue!! He must have been in the can during the photo!! LOL
    He was in the can alright...we stuffed him in the trashcan outside. :D