Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Resurrecting the Joke Thread

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A desperate looking woman stood poised on the edge of a high bridge, about to jump off.

An old homeless bloke who was wandering by stopped and said,

"Look, since you'll be dead in a few minutes, and it won't matter to you, how about a quickie before you go?"

She screamed, "NO! Screw off, you filthy old ****!"

He shrugged and turned away saying, "Okay then, I'll just go and wait at the bottom."

She didn't jump.

Object lesson: Suicide counseling really does work.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pick @jd50ae and say they're 5 Vegas Gold Bars

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    OK I'll do it.
  • Options
    Parker Schnabel.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
          A priest and a rabbi are in a car crash and it's a bad one. Both of their cars are demolished but amazingly neither one of them is hurt. After they crawl out of their cars, the rabbi says, "So you're a priest. That's interesting; I'm a rabbi. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should meet and be friends and live together in peace."
          The priest replies, "Oh, yes, I agree. It's a miracle that we survived and are here together."
          "And here's another miracle," says the rabbi. "My car is destroyed but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink the wine and celebrate our good fortune," he says, handing the bottle to the priest.
          The priest nods in agreement, opens the wine, drinks half of it, and hands it back to the rabbi.
          The rabbi takes it and puts the cap back on.
          "Aren't you going to have any? asks the priest.
          "Not right now," says the rabbi. "I think I'll wait until after the police make their report."
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    That's funny right there.

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I have tears in my eyes,thank you sir 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story, reminds me of this old one, but it can't hold a candle to that story above.

Dog and phone story

An elderly lady phoned her telephone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called. And that on the few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before the phone rang. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see whether this was a psychic dog or senile elderly lady.

He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.

4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

Go forth and have a great day!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    "We don't allow faster than light neutrinos in here" said the
    bartender.

The other day I was in the Apple Store, and I couldn't help it but I farted. I even felt worse when I remembered they didn't have Windows.

A neutrino walks into a bar.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very late night emergency call to the WH.

Hillary Clinton phoned the president's office shortly after midnight. 

“I need to talk to the president, it’s an emergency!” exclaimed Hillary. 

After some cajoling, the president's assistant agreed to wake him up.

“So, what is it that’s so important that it can’t wait until morning?” grumbled President Trump.

“A Supreme Court Justice just died, and I want to take his place!” begged Hillary.

“Well, it’s OK with me if it’s OK with the mortuary!” replied President Trump.
  • Options
    I don't see why so many people are pissed at Trump. Thousands of other guys have pulled out of Paris before.

• Options
    I saw this today and want it on a t-shirt.

I am currently unsupervised.

I know!! It freaks me out too.

But the possibilities are endless!!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Just about every time I go to work.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    webmost said:

Looks like a fun place to work.

Can you imagine the amount of Xanax and Valium being consumed at cnn and msnbc.
  • Options
    "... but our polls all predicted..." sound familiar?

Love that faraway look on the right.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    OMG 

1 cigar left
    1 bottle of bourbon left
    1cup of coffee left
    Last piece of beef in the frying pan
    My wife is away visiting family
    No kids in the house
    Really big mushroom clouds on the horizon

Perfect Timing.